Broncos NYC 2014

The choice between Tim Gilbert and Mark Braybrook...oh god...

2014 Try Tallies
Kodi Nikorima: 19
Paul Byrnes: 13
Tom Opacic: 19
Jordan Drew: 7
Jack Tuttle: 8
Duncan Paia'aua: 8
Ashley Taylor: 6
Aaron Rockley: 2
Jayden Berrell: 6
Joe Ofahengaue: 4
Brett Greinke: 10
Brendon McBryde: 3
Jai Arrow: 2

Jayden Nikorima: 16
George Fai: 0
Ajuma Adams: 2
Alex Barr: 6

Goals:

Kodi Nikorima: 7
Duncan Paia'aua: 20
Ashley Taylor: 18
Jayden Nikorima: 51

Gilbert? Seriously?

Looks like I'm watching it on Fox..

Honestly after listening to Braybrook's call the past 7 matches I'm keen to hear Gilbert.

At least he won't focus on the refs as much.

Nah Gilbert doesn't have time to talk about the refeeres, he's too busy getting the players names wrong, and that was in the NRL.. I can't even fathom how many mistakes he'll make tomorrow.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Team Turd Sandwich repping.

Nah Gilbert doesn't have time to talk about the refeeres, he's too busy getting the players names wrong, and that was in the NRL.. I can't even fathom how many mistakes he'll make tomorrow.

And that voice..

It's just really annoying.

Interesting game, the Warriors are such a powerful 20's nursery and have made four Grand Finals since 2008. Warriors just got in the 8 and have powered on since then.

Michael Ki is a big unit who will dominate the middle if you allow him, his offloads are terrific and he gets plenty of support play around him- Brad Abbey is a terrific support player and super dangerous returning the ball, he makes a lot of line breaks.

Warriors kicking game is all around Mason Lino.

They're a big side that will come through the middle at the Broncos and steam roll them.

It is expected to be a hot day and 1:30 kick off won't help the Warriors. Broncos need to weather the start and not let them jump out to a lead that can't be pulled in.

Broncos will finish stronger, I love watching the Broncos' centres- both Tom Opacic and Jordan Drew are big strong runners who take a bit to pull down. The key for the Broncos will be the middle third of
Ofahengaue, Berrell, Rockley, Adams and Nikorima they will have to hold the Warriors then return the treatment. Sam Lisone takes some stopping.

Nikorima can play a big part here, he could prove vital in his short burst on the field, moving them around.

Hot day means kicking will be vital, you can turn them around and send them jogging back 50m that helps.

I am tipping Ofahengaue to be outstanding again

Last edited:
Interesting game, the Warriors are such a powerful 20's nursery and have made four Grand Finals since 2008. Warriors just got in the 8 and have powered on since then. Michael Ki is a big unit who will dominate the middle if you allow him, his offloads are terrific and he gets plenty of support play around him- Brad Abbey is a terrific support player and super dangerous returning the ball, he makes a lot of line breaks. Warriors kicking game is all around Mason Lino. They're a big side that will come through the middle at the Broncos and steam roll them. It is expected to be a hot day and 1:30 kick off won't help the Warriors. Broncos need to weather the start and not let them jump out to a lead that can't be pulled in. Broncos will finish stronger, I love watching the Broncos' centres- both Tom Opacic and Jordan Drew are big strong runners who take a bit to pull down. The key for the Broncos will be the middle third of Ofahengaue, Berrell, Rockley, Adams and Nikorima they will have to hold the Warriors then return the treatment. Sam Lisone takes some stopping. Nikorima can play a big part here, he could prove vital in his short burst on the field, moving them around. Hot day means kicking will be vital, you can turn them around and send them jogging back 50m that helps. I am tipping Ofahengaue to be outstanding again.

Some "bold" statements here 1910

Good read there 1910...It certainly augurs well for the future for both clubs. The kiwis always seem to have a future filled with promise but they seldom have great success in the present. I'm one of the many who were despondent the day we lost WB and proclaimed vociferously that it was a terrible turn of events but I think now the Broncos will become a much more cohesive unit and to have so many juniors putting pressure on the seniors is a great bonus. The only thing that saddens me though is the inevitable loss of some of these juniors simply due to the senior players not dropping form enough for the younger ones to get a look in. That's the nature of things though.

should be an interesting game tomorrow, do the warriors have any gas left in the tank??? 5 weeks in a row they have had to travel so you would think it will be starting to take its toll.
a big game for j nikorima tomorrow could see a big offer from canberra and a guaranteed first grade spot.

should be an interesting game tomorrow, do the warriors have any gas left in the tank??? 5 weeks in a row they have had to travel so you would think it will be starting to take its toll.
a big game for j nikorima tomorrow could see a big offer from canberra and a guaranteed first grade spot.

A guaranteed first grade spot to a guy that's just turned 18? Well I guess you did say Canberra...

Jayden is contracted to the Broncos for at least next season. Surely we won't be stupid enough to let him slip through our fingers!

Jayden is contracted to the Broncos for at least next season. Surely we won't be stupid enough to let him slip through our fingers!

I think we can be. I mean, we have declared Milford is going to be persisted with as a five-eight and we have just locked up Hunt. The latter is great news but is surely a massive turn-off to any young half at the club.

Jayden can also play hooker.

I don't see any reason why we can't turn him into one and use him off the bench.

He'll be lucky to get a halves spot at a new club in the next few years..

Last edited:
Jayden is primarily a fullback anyway, and unless Barba goes back to his 2012 form, there's a good chance Jayden will take his spot.
Unless Boyd has a mortgage on it that is... which is another reason to not get him here! :pray:

I'm more worried about losing Taylor tbh... with Milf and Hunt in the halves, he will have to be exceptional to snare a spot, unless WB has a stroke of genius and makes Hunt our permanent hooker. :aetsch:

Active Now

• Allo
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosgirl
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.