Broncos NYC 2014

Broncos have signed Kotoni Staggs an U/16s back from Wellington, NSW.

Staggs signs for the Broncos | Wellington Times

Old article but only came across an unrelated story.

He played wing for the U/16s NSW side.

Goes alright too
Already played first Grade for Wellington this year. Was a standout in the 18s this year despite being two years younger. Having seen Blake Ferguson & Tyrone Peachey come thru in the recent years in my area, he definitely has more than enough talent to match them for what they were showing when they were his age.

Ill be at the GF next week so very happy a Broncos side has made it
Hope Opacic is not out, he was strong tonight

that no try for double movement was BS ... no wonder no one has faith in refs or video refs

http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match33658.html

Stats from the game for those interested.

Since I'm bored...

Most Runs
Jai Arrow 17
Ajuma Adams 15
Joe Ofahengaue 15
Kodi Nikorima 12
Tom Opacic 12
Brett Greinke 11
Brendon McBryde 9
Duncan Paia'aua 8
Alex Barr 7
Jordan Drew 7
Jack Tuttle 6
Jayden Nikorima 6
George Fai 6
Aaron Rockley 5
Paul Byrnes 4
Ashley Taylor 4
Jayden Berrell 2

Most Metres
Ajuma Adams 156
Joe Ofahengaue 144
Jai Arrow 139
Tom Opacic 115
Kodi Nikorima 100
Brendon McBryde 76
Brett Greinke 74
George Fai 56
Alex Barr 56
Duncan Paia'aua 47
Aaron Rockley 39
Jack Tuttle 33
Paul Byrnes 31
Jordan Drew 31
Jayden Nikorima 31
Jayden Berrell 28
Ashley Taylor 18

Most Try Assists
Kodi Nikorima 1
Duncan Paia'aua 1

Most Tackle Breaks
Joe Ofahengaue 7
Kodi Nikorima 5
Duncan Paia'aua 5
Tom Opacic 4
Jai Arrow 3
Brendon McBryde 2
Aaron Rockley 1
Jayden Berrell 1
George Fai 1

Most Tackles

Joe Ofahengaue 36
Jai Arrow 30
Brett Greinke 28
Brendon McBryde 26
Jayden Berrell 19
Alex Barr 18
Aaron Rockley 16
Ajuma Adams 16
Duncan Paia'aua 15
Ashley Taylor 14
Jayden Nikorima 13
Tom Opacic 10
Jordan Drew 8
Kodi Nikorima 6
George Fai 6
Paul Byrnes 5
Jack Tuttle 3

Missed Tackles

Jordan Drew 5
Ashley Taylor 4
Brendon McBryde 4
Paul Byrnes 3
Duncan Paia'aua 3
Aaron Rockley 3
Jayden Berrell 3
Brett Greinke 3
Jai Arrow 3
Jayden Nikorima 2
Ajuma Adams 2
Kodi Nikorima 1
Tom Opacic 1
Joe Ofahengaue 1
George Fai 1

Most Offloads
Kodi Nikorima 3
Ajuma Adams 3
Duncan Paia'aua 2
Joe Ofahengaue 1

Most Linebreaks
Tom Opacic 2
Kodi Nikorima 1
Duncan Paia'aua 1
Joe Ofahengaue 1

Most Line-Break Assists
Kodi Nikorima 1
Brett Greinke 1

Most Errors
Jordan Drew 2
Ashley Taylor 2
Kodi Nikorima 1
Tom Opacic 1
Aaron Rockley 1
Jayden Berrell 1
Brett Greinke 1
Brendon McBryde 1

Most Penalties Conceded
Tom Opacic 1
Jordan Drew 1
Ashley Taylor 1
Aaron Rockley 1
Jayden Berrell 1

Adams was the biggest surprise. I thought he was handy and made good in-roads but not THAT many metres.

Hope Opicic is ok for the GF. I thought he was up there as our best player till he was injured.

I've only watched 3 NYC games all year and we've won all three - v Warriors, Knights and Dragons. Will most definitely be watching next Sunday!

I actually thought it was a double movement from Opacic. Momentum pushes him forwards but he still ***** his elbow and reaches forward to score. To me that's a double movement.

On Arrow, is he a kiwi? His style seems so similar to Mannering I would have thought he had to be his idol.

I actually thought it was a double movement from Opacic. Momentum pushes him forwards but he still ****s his elbow and reaches forward to score. To me that's a double movement.

On Arrow, is he a kiwi? His style seems so similar to Mannering I would have thought he had to be his idol.

arrow is definitely an aussie lad, he grew up on the gold coast and if my memory serves me correctly his old man played lower grades at balmain during the pearce, roach, elias and sironen era, and from all reports he was pretty handy too.

Just a coincidence then I guess. But his entire game to me looks like a clone of Mannering.

Adams was the biggest surprise. I thought he was handy and made good in-roads but not THAT many metres.

he looked to be somewhere back to his best, and has probably been really solid for the last month or so now. Good footwork, solid defence and has a bit of x factor. Maybe his form spike has something to do with the arrival of Wayne and a potential top grade gig???

I honestly don't see the Mannering comparison at all.

Greinke would be the closest the NYC have to that sort of player.

Arrow reminds me more of Lewis Brown if anything.

Just a coincidence then I guess. But his entire game to me looks like a clone of Mannering.

i reckon there is a lot of similarities to their games, i haven't really seen him in open space and opening up so i dont know how quick he is either. But he seems fairly sharp through the middle. He will need to develop an offload or passing game imo to offer some variation, but that should hopefully come with further development in the top squad.

Story on Ajuma Adams.

Young Bronco laps it up | Ipswich Queensland Times

Says he's looking to Sam Thaiday for advice and confirms that he'll be sticking around next season.

Also came across a story on Jordan Drew.

Drew battles dislocated finger ahead of 20s grand final | Toowoomba Chronicle

Not much to this, just talks about an injury Drew suffered and also states that both he and Taylor were apart of our Top 25 this season. That seems to contradict the Season Guide Big League produced that had Strasser in the Top 25. I'm willing to bet it was actually Taylor which again goes to show you how highly the club rates him.

Bennett seems set on Hunt and Milford being the halves for his entire time here, so I guess no Taylor.

Active Now

• mieko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncorob
  • Pablo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.