Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Tim Grant comes to mind. Souths looking to clear space. Comes off across as a Joel Clinton, Michael Weyman type Bennett project.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Tim Grant comes to mind. Souths looking to clear space. Comes off across as a Joel Clinton, Michael Weyman type Bennett project.
Unlikely. Thought the word was he's going to the Tiggers?

Further, Bennett's strategy seems to be targeting young upcoming talent at this stage.

Could be a signing in the vein of Blair though, if true?

Last edited:
R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Was just a guess.

I was going to say Willie Mason as his ESL deal has fallen through but I don't feel like getting hateful messages all day.

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Imagine the cries if we got Grant and Bennett did a Blair on him. That would make us more of a title threat than Roberts.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
From what I read Grant was on pretty good money at the Rabbitohs (~$400k) which surprised me. He was coming good at the Panthers, they were making a big deal of him in that he was a main reason Petero left them (so they had the money to retain him). He got picked for Origin, made that one big hit in the opening exchanges, then just tapered off. Which is why I thought he'd have been on relatively low money at Souths - like a Scott Anderson type opportunistic signing.

So, if Grant does come here, I hope Souths pay the majority of his wage.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Brenton Lawrence? Potential State of Origin prop there.....heard (some other forum, can't remember which) the Sharks are looking to offload A Fafita...personally prefer JWH - we'd win a premiership with him leading the pack

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Tyrrell or Lawrence would be a handy pick-up for a couple of seasons, pretty reliable bench props.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Was just a guess.

I was going to say Willie Mason as his ESL deal has fallen through but I don't feel like getting hateful messages all day.

This wouldn't surprise me. As far as I can tell, Bennett likes him.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Strong rumour it is Lawrence, I'd be very happy with that!

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Strong rumour it is Lawrence, I'd be very happy with that!

Im curious on if his back has healed. It wiped his season out last year and he is 30 so he might struggle to come back from that.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Where are we getting all this money from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • dasherhalo
  • Porthoz
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky24
  • Dannymh
  • tajhay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.