Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the same level but Motu Tony didn't do much from memory.

The amount that we paid for Kennedy also comes into consideration when i call Kennedy our worst ever signing

Kennedy makes himself look like the worst ever. Not only was he a fucking powderpuff, he was a drug cheat.

Kennedy makes himself look like the worst ever. Not only was he a ****ing powderpuff, he was a drug cheat.

Yeah reminds me of Rodney Howe, was sensational one season then discovered to be a drug cheat and was a powderpuff afterwards.

Gavet v Kennedy depends on your point of view.

Take money out of the equation, it's Gavet everyday. His performance in Round 1 maybe the worst I've ever seen in a Broncos jersey. Horrible handling and he really summed up his performance with that lazy shoulder charge right at the death.

However, when you consider the money aspect, it's definitely Kennedy. Even if he wasn't on $400K (his salary kept going up with each article), he would have been on pretty good money and he was a bust before a ball was even kicked. The coaching staff was hesitant to give him a shot because of the ASADA murmers and when he was given a go (at Hannant's expense, in a really weird moment during the Hook era) he was horrible.

Other signings...

Clinton - Rumour has it he was a package deal with Wallace. Brisbane bought Wallace on a bargain and Clinton wanted to come up as well on a reasonable offer. Unfortunately the gamble didn't pay off and the Broncos lost Civo in a really bitter and poor moment at the club. I've seen people say this and I agree, losing Civo cost us premiership #7.

Marsh - Another signing around the time. I'm not sure what was going on, but it seemed like the disappointing start in 2007 translated in a changing of the guard. Unfortunately PJ was on borrowed time, having returned from a serious neck injury he suffered when he was 23. I was happy to have him at the club, but looking back, the Broncos didn't get much out of him from 2008-2010, just a big hit during one of the Baby Broncos matches (v St George 08 aka Hoffman's debut).

Tony - Is a good shout. A lot of people had him pegged as Ikin's replacement and then Locky's replacement at fullback. However, some bloke with the most pretentious name in the world a Mr. K Hunt, debuted and completely stole his thunder. I still think he would have made a good hooker, but he didn't want to stick around for whatever reason. A shame, since we had to end the season with Costigan, Ikin and Green as our dummy half options.

Kelly - If you guys thought Lachlan Maranta received a hard time on these boards, hoo wee, Kelly copped it deluxe. Deservedly so as well...

I could keep going.

[Tweet]678434083861434369[/Tweet]

Not really a rumour here.. Just linking it up with the "Broncos chasing a Sydney based forward" from a week ago, would be a handy signing.. We definitely couldn't afford him as well as Roberts though.

Here are some more bad Broncos signings

swain.jpg

Ben-Barba1.jpg

318298-scott-prince.jpg

Prince ended up being a decent signing imo, he sucked at the start, but towards the end of his last season he was owning, and was helping out Hunt quite a bit at training by all accounts.

Man, I had completely forgotten Prince had a second stint with us!

That whole post-Bennett to Bennett's return period is a bit of a write-off, with the exception of Locky's final season.

It wasn't a good decision when I think about it now as 2013 ended up being our worst season in history and they refused to give Hunt a decent crack at halfback until the end of the year when all was lost, we might've won more games in 2013 if we gave Hunt the spot from the get go instead of signing a washed up 32 year old that was past his best.

Not the worst signing of course but it didn't bring much.

I thought Prince had a pretty decent season tbh, even if he delayed Hunt's tenure somewhat. I think we would have had the same issues as the season prior without him. Was better than fucking Wallace ha!

Both of Prince's stints sucked.

Good call Bman.

I thought Prince had a pretty decent season tbh, even if he delayed Hunt's tenure somewhat. I think we would have had the same issues as the season prior without him. Was better than fucking Wallace ha!

Lol

Both of Prince's stints sucked.

Good call Bman.

He was injured the whole time in his first stint wasn't he? I heard he snapped his leg in half the week after the famous baby broncos game.

He was injured the whole time in his first stint wasn't he? I heard he snapped his leg in half the week after the famous baby broncos game.

You're thinking of 2002.

We signed him in 2001 as the best halves prospect in the game. Unfortunately he didn't kick on as quickly as most expected and before he really got an opportunity to he broke his leg against Canterbury.

It was all down-hill from there.

The Broncos didn't recover, and arguably didn't until Ben Hunt came along.

He was garbage in 2013. The fact he was the Broncos marquee signings speaks volumes of how terrible the retention/recruitment was in 2012.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything from pre season training? I am just wondering how fit Caleb Timu is after 2 years out of the game. He looked like a really good prospect before he left.

It's true bro, was talking to his first cousin today, goes for the Broncos knows everything , but has said nothing about it the last few weeks, knocks on me door to go get him some petrol to mow some lawns , on the way in his special way said " Bruz Roberts" I said hey still asleep he says we got Roberts next year, and the year after we get, and I said please say it's GI, and he said "yeh brother we gonna kill ***** Lol, so it's looking good bro,

That was to another brother from kempsey

It's true bro, was talking to his first cousin today, goes for the Broncos knows everything , but has said nothing about it the last few weeks, knocks on me door to go get him some petrol to mow some lawns , on the way in his special way said " Bruz Roberts" I said hey still asleep he says we got Roberts next year, and the year after we get, and I said please say it's GI, and he said "yeh brother we gonna kill ****s Lol, so it's looking good bro,

That was to another brother from kempsey

Did anyone else have to read that 3 times

Prince was a SHIT signing. Could have easily cost us Hunt. He improved late into the season, but only to about "below average" level....and that's being generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • achievedrap
  • Jazza
  • pennywisealfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • ostin86
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.