Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
He should be giving his entire pay for a year or two to the poor bastards he assaulted and scared the crap out of. This guy should really be behind bars right now, not playing football for money.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Disgusting that we're even this closely associated with him. Hopefully he slips up in a relatively harmless fashion and gets punted.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Lodge is a grub no doubt, but we are giving him a second chance to change his ways and have the opportunity to play for a great, great club. Its down to him now if he takes the opportunity because he wont get another.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Lodge is a grub no doubt, but we are giving him a second chance to change his ways and have the opportunity to play for a great, great club. Its down to him now if he takes the opportunity because he wont get another.
Beyond a grub. Guy is well past his second chance. Won't ever learn and I don't want him anywhere near us when he inevitably goes off the rails again.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Beyond a grub. Guy is well past his second chance. Won't ever learn and I don't want him anywhere near us when he inevitably goes off the rails again.

Or he turns himself around and turns into a gun . I think its fine to give a young kid another chance, how many chances has roberts had

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I don't like lodge but everyone deserves a second chance. He hasn't killed anyone, and maybe everything that happened was a wake up call for him.

If he ***** up again then so be it, but if he is trying to turn his life around then that is good
enough for me.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't like lodge but everyone deserves a second chance. He hasn't killed anyone, and maybe everything that happened was a wake up call for him.

If he ****s up again then so be it, but if he is trying to turn his life around then that is good
enough for me.
Backflips are fun. The clubs needs better standards than to have a bloke like Lodge playing for it. Looks like the fans need to raise their standards too. You can do better.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I know WB is all for blokes redeeming themselves and everything, and I've got nothing against that, but I truly hope Matt Lodge never makes an appearance for us.
Last time I checked, Rugby League was an equal opportunities employer. The game is renowned for giving the Wicks's, Winter's and Packer's of this world a second chance. It is a large part of the fabric that the sport is built on. No doubt, this guy is a **** up but there are plenty of those running around in the NRL (even on our beloved team).

If he, in some part helps bring a premiership to Brisbane then I am pretty sure you will have long forgotten about his shady past.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If he, in some part helps bring a premiership to Brisbane then I am pretty sure you will have long forgotten about his shady past.

Er, no, I don't think so.

Just because the NRL allows the likes of Packer, et al. back in the game, doesn't mean I agree with it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Backflips are fun. The clubs needs better standards than to have a bloke like Lodge playing for it. Looks like the fans need to raise their standards too. You can do better.

Yeah I'm fine with my standards, thanks mate.

The average fan has a pretty short memory. If Lodge goes on to be a great player for us fans will forget all about his past or at the very least excuse it. If he either doesn't play for us or is a dud they will
maintain their moral outrage and continue to claim we are somehow better than signing 'bad boys', forgetting the many that we have had play for us in the past.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Er, no, I don't think so.

Just because the NRL allows the likes of Packer, et al. back in the game, doesn't mean I agree with it.
And that's your opinion and I respect that but if the NRL banned everyone who has been in a little bit of trouble, there wouldn't be enough players to fill the rosters.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
And that's your opinion and I respect that but if the NRL banned everyone who has been in a little bit of trouble, there wouldn't be enough players to fill the rosters.

What Lodge did is not "a little bit" of trouble.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Aye, fair enough - I'm not against banning people that have been in a 'little bit of trouble'... but what Lodge did wasn't really a minor offence in my opinion.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. :handshake:

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Just think of this whole lodge saga as a sequel to gran torino

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
He should be giving his entire pay for a year or two to the poor bastards he assaulted and scared the crap out of. This guy should really be behind bars right now, not playing football for money.

He might yet. He is facing a $2m civil suit that as of August 2016 was not resolved with Lodge complaining through lawyers he had no ability to pay a settlement and no money to pay damages awarded against him...

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Since the NRL allowed a guy back into the game, who tried to kill his unborn child by kicking his highly pregnant girlfriend in the belly repeatedly, nothing surprises me anymore.

I couldn't give a **** how many premierships he might bring us, he will remain a sewer rodent as far as I'm concerned.

Playing a sport at the highest level is a privilege few of us have a chance to do, and it should come with a high morals standard, which should mark people like Packer, Lodge or Metcalf, as "Never to play NRL again".

There are plenty of occupations where they can rehabilitate and be of use to the community.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I don't think the game needs guys like Lodge. Yes there is plenty of grubs playing the game currently but now is the time to make a stand. Raise the standards of the game and make the game all the better for it. For too long NRL has been the game to welcome back criminals with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncsgoat
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • thenry
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.