Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard this rumour ! Good player but would prefer hunt .

I don't see Tyrone Roberts coming to us, but i'd be open to it. His kicking game and defence are both better than Hunt's and he would be half the price... Worse things could happen (Like renewing hunt on a 600k+ contract).

I don't see Tyrone Roberts coming to us, but i'd be open to it. His kicking game and defence are both better than Hunt's and he would be half the price... Worse things could happen (Like renewing hunt on a 600k+ contract).
Hunt is part of the clubs priority. Get used to it

#gamemanagement #kickinggame #thehuntisover

The hunt for a premiership would be over cause the window would be slammed shut.

Roberts game management was soo good that a rookie took over the kicking almost exclusively and he became third inline for taking field goals

Can still remember the tied game against sharks with titans 30-40m out in front of the sticks and Roberts decided to go down the left on the last play of normal time and meekly chip it down vals throat rather than take a shot at field goal.

I'm all for finding a better option than Hunt, but if you guys think the answer is Tyrone Roberts you've lost the plot.

Not saying that Roberts is better than Hunt but under the right coaching I think Roberts could turn out to be a handy player. He was in good form under Bennett in 2013 from memory.

The hunt for a halfback should be a high priority at the Broncos, but Tyrone Roberts... seriously?

P.S. Must admit I've heard this through the grapevine as well unfortunately... hopefully that was before we got Benji.

You are all forgetting he's second cousins with Jimmy the Jet. That's synergy you can't buy.

Hot signing.

Signing Roberts would be a step backwards, not forwards.

Can we stop on this replacing Hunt nonsense? The guy is in the top 5 halfbacks in the league. He's an indispensable part of the team. People are quick to forget how bad Berrigan, Seymour, Perry & Wallace were in the role.

I was at a function on Friday with hunt and Paul white (poor bastard was on his last day of chemo but still toughed it out). To say these two are tight is an understatement. Hunt isn't going anywhere and whilst I appreciate the banter he is going to be our half for the next 5 seasons whether we think there is a better option or not.

So were White and Griffin, didn't do him much good. If the Club believe that there is a better option that offers a real chance of a premiership, he will be gone. My apologies for being cynical, but it is just the way it is.

Can we stop on this replacing Hunt nonsense? The guy is in the top 5 halfbacks in the league. He's an indispensable part of the team. People are quick to forget how bad Berrigan, Seymour, Perry & Wallace were in the role.

Not me ......:thumb:

Peter Wallace was the worst we ever had in the history of the club.......IMO

Last edited:

Seymour was way better than people give him credit for. He was the perfect foil for Lockyer and had a great balance of kicking / running / passing. Makes me very sad for him personally and what could have been for the club.

So were White and Griffin, didn't do him much good. If the Club believe that there is a better option that offers a real chance of a premiership, he will be gone. My apologies for being cynical, but it is just the way it is.

All good mate, no worries and your not that much of a cynic - and fair enough if there is a better option butIMO there isn't. Thing that gets me is I'm just over the whole we won't win a premiership with him talk...his game management etc.. what crap. We won a premiership with Shane perry and we have 3 other players in the spine that could sharply improve their game management too. I've probably got a few years on most guys on here. I remember from 88 - 91 they all said we'd never win a premiership with Wayne as coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.