Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Des looks like he's on the way out, can we throw cash at him to be our assistant coach for next year (and maybe head coach if the rumours on Wayne retiring after next season are true)?

Last edited:
Des looks like he's on the way out, can we throw cash at him to be our assistant coach for next year (and maybe head coach if the rumours on Wayne retiring after next season are true)?

Hasler would walk straight into another first grade coaching gig immediately
He wouldn't be an assistant coach that's for sure

How do you know they are on 2nd tier contracts, is there a list of our top 25 for 2017 somewhere?

Only an assumption but Pangai is 25 yo, never played a NRL game and was on a Level 2 contract at the Cowboys, that's an easy one. Moga might be different but it would only be the bare minimum but still unlikely as WB is not in the business of granting top line contracts to fourth stringers.

Only an assumption but Pangai is 25 yo, never played a NRL game and was on a Level 2 contract at the Cowboys, that's an easy one. Moga might be different but it would only be the bare minimum but still unlikely as WB is not in the business of granting top line contracts to fourth stringers.

Maybe he doesn't see them as fourth stringers...

Hasler would walk straight into another first grade coaching gig immediately
He wouldn't be an assistant coach that's for sure

Wait a year and coach the richest, best equipped club in the country(and succeed one of the goats), or go to an absolute basket case like the dragons or knights and risk tarnishing your legacy. It's not like money would be an issue for us.

Wait a year and coach the richest, best equipped club in the country(and succeed one of the goats), or go to an absolute basket case like the dragons or knights and risk tarnishing your legacy. It's not like money would be an issue for us.
It's a fair point. We could still offer him very good money.

That being said, I don't see Hasler being the type of coach willing to be an assistant, or Bennett wanting someone under him like Hasler. Too many cheifs comes to mind.

I do rate Hasler as a coach though, he'll walk straight into another head coaching gig.

Maybe he doesn't see them as fourth stringers...

What would he see them as then? Starters? Of course not. They have been signed as depth in case of an injury toll or during Origin. Moga might get a game or two if he's lucky but Pangai will head down the same path as Delroy Berryman, Joe Bond and Marmin Barba and never play a game.

What would he see them as then? Starters? Of course not. They have been signed as depth in case of an injury toll or during Origin. Moga might get a game or two if he's lucky but Pangai will head down the same path as Delroy Berryman, Joe Bond and Marmin Barba and never play a game.

I personally think that if one of them has a cracking pre-season they could push themselves into a starting position for round 1. Yes they can be depth, but I think they have the potential to be starters for next year.

Just me being an optimist I guess.

Who here would sign Greg Bird in light of the news he's been released?

I would.

I would be happy if we went over and played here is an article on what Bennet said. Didn't know where to put this post by the way.

Plans for the annual clash between the leading clubs from Super League and the NRL were thrown into disarray earlier this week when Melbourne officially withdrew.
Their lack of interest was quickly matched by several rival NRL clubs, who claimed it interfered with their preparations for the NRL season.
Wigan and Cronulla, the two 2016 Grand Final winners, will meet in the traditional World Club Challenge at the DW Stadium on the weekend of February 16-17.
However, uncertainty surrounds the other two scheduled ties in the recently-expanded World Club Series following the snub from beaten NRL grand finalists Melbourne, who were due to play Super League runners-up Warrington.
Brisbane had offered to host Wigan if they had lost the Super League Grand Final and Bennett, a long-time advocate of the international game, says he has already been in touch with Rugby Football League chief executive Nigel Wood to reassure him of his club's commitment to the series.
"We would be keen to travel," Bennett said.
"I spoke to Nigel on Monday night and told him that the whole concept has got the club's backing.
"We love coming over, we've enjoyed it in the last couple of years as a club and we're also trying to host one (in Brisbane) in the pre-season. But if that doesn't come to fruition and there's a vacancy to come over to England we will certainly go.
"The other clubs have all got their reasons I'm sure, but we don't find it interferes with our season really.
"We've played in a grand final, gone over for the World Club Series and started the following year well, so I can't find a fault with it. Personally I'd be extremely disappointed if we shared the same view."

Last edited:
Hasler will probably coach nsw if he doesn't get a head coaching gig

images

And that is why I've always respected Bennett, he's always been the type of coach who is willing to do things for the benefit of the game.

That comment is outrageous! How can we take any posts thereafter seriously?

I apologise, we'll return to our regular scheduled Greg Inglis rumour in two pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Browny
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • bert_lifts
  • Nerd
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • Dash
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.