Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
His move to Brisbane is reliant on Roosters signing a Player to replace him for 2017. That player also requires a release from his current club.

If that happens, Napa will be a Bronco sooner than 2018.
Thank you again for the info Joe

His move to Brisbane is reliant on Roosters signing a Player to replace him for 2017. That player also requires a release from his current club.

Wow...Fingers crossed!

Who could that possibly be I wonder?

We could just give them Matt Lodge for 80k. He would fit in quite well on a discounted contract there.

Andew Fifita and Ryan James are the 2 that come to mind

If they don't have the cash to match our offer and hang on to Napa I doubt they could afford James or Fifita who you'd imagine would be chasing considerable coin.... Never know though, Fifitas recent antics could have had an impact on his value?

Do we by any chance need to release anyone? seems to be the way when these things go down.

Would that player be josh Mcguire joe ?

Do we by any chance need to release anyone? seems to be the way when these things go down.
We lost a few players this year in Parker, Reed, Wallace. Sure we did some upgraded contracts, but all the players we bought (Meed, Benji, Moga, Dodds etc) are all on around 100-150k and they would be essentially offset by the release of Eden, Grienke, Nicholls and Anderson. I would say it would be unlikely that we need to release someone for Napa, but that there is a good chance someone won't be renewed for the following year, who at this stage I would say is probably going to be Adam Blair.

Given he said current club I assume it's not one of our boys. Else he would have alluded to player exchange specifically. At least, I hope so.

In other news..

BRAD WAS RIGHT. IT IS A JIGSAW. JIGSAWS EVERYWHERE.

If they don't have the cash to match our offer and hang on to Napa I doubt they could afford James or Fifita who you'd imagine would be chasing considerable coin.... Never know though, Fifitas recent antics could have had an impact on his value?

It's not up to them whether they can match our offer and hang onto him, if he wants to join the Broncos, he'll join the Broncos, money has nothing to do with it from the Roosters perspective.

That doesn't really make sense, if it was McGuire then we would just release him.

Yeah just read it in a few places that Mcguire was looking to move on . Could just be dribble but thought I'd ask.

Given he said current club I assume it's not one of our boys. Else he would have alluded to player exchange specifically. At least, I hope so.

In other news..

BRAD WAS RIGHT. IT IS A JIGSAW. JIGSAWS EVERYWHERE.

Half right ! Hunt is staying, for now.

That couldn't possibly make less sense.

So you are suggesting that we desperately want Napa but for that to happen we are waiting on ourselves releasing Josh McGuire?

That couldn't possibly make less sense.

So you are suggesting that we desperately want Napa but for that to happen we are waiting on ourselves releasing Josh McGuire?

Just asking the question . They could be organizing a deal ! Just heard whispers of Mcguire not being happy, hence why I asked the question

Again it's ridiculous to release any of our current players as sacrifice to sign napa. Napa needs to be an addition to the squad not a replacement.

His family is here and they're a tight-knot group. Comfort will not be a problem. I have asked my brother's GF 3 times now to ask about Napa coming here. They won't tell her anything, and she's family. Make of that what you will.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have him. But I don't thinks it's as signed, sealed, delivered as everyone is indicating, there are a few hurdles to overcome IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.