Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Glenn.
Personally I would sooner trade Mcguire than Glenn, purely for the dollar:performance ratio. If we sign someone like Napa it is extremely likely McGuire would then go to lock, and to be honest I think Glenn and McGuire would both perform relatively similarly in that position, and knowing Glenn would be 100-200k cheaper, I would rather that.

We all have to remember mid year when josh McGuire got caught out being a rat, as the players called it.

Personally I would sooner trade Mcguire than Glenn, purely for the dollar:performance ratio. If we sign someone like Napa it is extremely likely McGuire would then go to lock, and to be honest I think Glenn and McGuire would both perform relatively similarly in that position, and knowing Glenn would be 100-200k cheaper, I would rather that.
But you are assuming Napa would be a success up here and as you know, changing clubs can often be a career downer for some players. God knows the Broncos have recruited plenty of those in the past and just because he is young, big and has potential, it means nothing in RL and the game can extinguish a career in the blink of an eye. I would hate to lose someone like Glenn or Moose just to accommodate a player who may or not may be an effective member of the squad.

We all have to remember mid year when josh McGuire got caught out being a rat, as the players called it.

McGuire won't be going anywhere in 2017.

You don't sign a starting prop like Napa and then get rid of your origin prop.

You have no idea how many times I've watched Oates's highlight reel from this year since our last game.
Dude, i get it. And i get all the speculation stuff. It's drama. Interesting. The off season always dives this place into chaos. Haha some of the best topics over the years have happened in the off season.

Post 2015: the heartbreak of the gf loss. Inglis / roberts rumours and signings. Foordy and his Copley love was shatteted.

Post 2014: wayne bennett effect. Boyd vs Milford vs Barba. The hoffman scandal. Boyd injury. Martin Kenedy moved on. Barba moved on. Waddel Blair worst signings ever. Reed vs copley. Gillett to Q cup!!! Broncos have 11 fullbacks!!!

Post 2013: Who plays in the halves? Inglis and Smith signing rumours. Martin Kennedy our saviour! Hodges wants to play fullback - Hoffman pissed! Reed vs Copley! Hook must go!

Starting to get hard to remember it all now but yeah... dramas a plenty! Feel free to continue / add to the previous year controversies!

lol just as i was abt to start typing 'not much happening down here'.. birdy whispers a certain ranga is indeed sussing out a contract amendment... to where i honestly have no reliable idea... but if word out the gym is cred we could be in for golden gaytimes i guess

elsewhere.. a westie basket case club sussed Hunt out again, but even they admit its reaching, but, also tracking an epic bender fuckwit. id have felt good about that except hearing greenturd spoke with la familia earlier so if that doesnt materialise, i hope WB is holding the reins tightly from over there. i like the benji move, but not at the expense of anyone in the squad. spose he'd tie us over if the worse happens (yes id consider losing Hunt in the next 12 months 'the worse'.. no - there isnt a better half floating around ready to come to qld who'd do a better job with this fwd pack and a rookie 5/8)

few nsw clubs sounding moose out.. but whats new. not thinking anything of it myself..

What'd he say ??

I'll attempt to translate, apologies if I get any of it wrong, I haven't spoken sus in years.

Lol. Just as I was about to say that nothing much is happening, a source has informed me of a few rumours. This information has come to me from someone at my gym, and while I am unaware of its authenticity, if it were to come to fruition we would all get some delicious ice cream. The first rumour I have heard regards Dylan Napa and confirms some of the earlier speculation that he is trying to get out of his roosters contract to come to us next year.

The second bit of information surrounds the Eels trying to get Hunt and/or Barba... and then something about Greenbergs family.

He likes the idea of Benji coming here, but only if it isn't at the expense of Ben Hunt.

The last information he has received is about some Sydney clubs chasing Josh McGuire, but he doesn't expect anything to come of it.

Last edited:
I'll attempt to translate, apologies if I get any of it wrong, I haven't spoken sus in years.

Lol. Just as I was about to say that nothing much is happening, a source has informed me of a few rumours. This information has come to me from someone at my gym, and while I am unaware of its authenticity, if it were to come to fruition we would all get some delicious ice cream. The first rumour I have heard regards Dylan Napa and confirms some of the earlier speculation that he is trying to get out of his roosters contract to come to us next year.

The second bit of information surrounds the Eels trying to get Hunt and/or Barba... and then something about Greenbergs family.

He likes the idea of Benji coming here, but only if it isn't at the expense of Ben Hunt.

The last information he has received is about some Sydney clubs chasing Josh McGuire, but he doesn't expect anything to come of it.

Haha , cheers ! Followed most of it , just wanted some clarity on it .

halfway through a rant in my defense.. but righto. ill wear that.. its been mentioned before..

apologies

lol ace B4L

halfway through a rant in my defense.. but righto. ill wear that.. its been mentioned before..

apologies

lol ace B4L

Just to be clear, I wasn't meaning to have a go at you mate, I was meaning it to be light-hearted. Sorry if I offended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mystico
  • Santa
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • HarryAllan7
  • teampjta
  • RolledOates
  • Bish
  • Browny
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • The True King
  • Ondi
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.