Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
bennett shouldn't and won't deny these rumours, and chances are that he has told bird to do the same.

Bennett doesn't care what the media says, never has... their might be something to these rumours (highly highly doubtful seen as the 10 day period has passed and it's the sharks number 1 ticket holder saying it and he's renowned for lying already), but Bennett would be thinking "bird has to come to me if there is a problem, I'll deal with it when there is and bird/sharks will be screwed sideways or he will be playing for us whether he likes it or not, and as an added bonus-it may make the broncos guys play harder to prove we don't need him and it destabilises one of our rivals for a premiership around finals time"

Yep, at this point the rumour isn't going away. Bird should say something IMO. Obviously he's not obliged to, but he could nip all of this in the bud with a simple comment of "That's a load of crap. I made a passing comment that me leaving at the end of the season is starting to hit home and I'm a little sad......I won a premiership here after all. Da boyz are a good bunch of boyz and it will be tough to leave them" Simples......meanwhile, silence.

Or it could be on Bennett's orders so Slothfield can keep his hopes up that his drunken ramblings will become self-fulfilling and it will hurt more when Bird leaves.

I guess the more Bird remains silent the more the rumour could be true, but until there is an actual quote from him saying he wants out, I will continue to believe it's made up

Don't know about you guys but i think we are paying huge overs for bird. I'm hoping he backflips.

Do you really think Bennett would have paid bird what they are suggesting (I say suggesting because in reality the know they same as us + they over exaggerate so they get readers) in the telegraph? We aren't paying overs because we don't pay overs

Don't know about you guys but i think we are paying huge overs for bird. I'm hoping he backflips.
Except that you or I have no idea what income he will be on. Whatever it is, he will be worth every cent.

Except that you or I have no idea what income he will be on. Whatever it is, he will be worth every cent.
Really mate. Where do you think he will play. What has he done for the sharks recently besides tighten up their defence on the right side.

All i can say is .. GO BRONCOS.. got nothing else to ad tonight.

Who going to the game friday night

Aren't we missing the issue here- he can't get out of it unless the Broncos release him from his contact. November 1 2017 his contact starts and he has to honour it unless the Broncos release him.

Him wanting out or needing out means nothing- unless the Broncos release him. I can't see any way the Broncos release him. too late to get anyone else, the cap space is taken and what do you do with the money anyway you won't be able to fill it. There would be nothing in it for the Broncos. Unless he did a hell of a story about not moving.

He couldn't even sign a big contract anywhere else, the money will be used up by then and even if he got a release it would then be crumbs for him at other clubs.

Aren't we missing the issue here- he can't get out of it unless the Broncos release him from his contact. November 1 2017 his contact starts and he has to honour it unless the Broncos release him.

Him wanting out or needing out means nothing- unless the Broncos release him. I can't see any way the Broncos release him. too late to get anyone else, the cap space is taken and what do you do with the money anyway you won't be able to fill it. There would be nothing in it for the Broncos. Unless he did a hell of a story about not moving.

He couldn't even sign a big contract anywhere else, the money will be used up by then and even if he got a release it would then be crumbs for him at other clubs.
You seem keen on him 1910?

If this is all to be believed, I think the game plan would be to leverage the Sharks in to letting Maloney go to the Knights, thus freeing up a pretty large chunk of cap for Bird to stay and play Five-Eighth.

The only scenario this benefits the Broncos is if on November 1 we have signed a contract with Ash Taylor for $750k a season, in which case it'd probably be better for our long-term plan to just let Bird stay in Sydney, have a year with Milford & Nikorima in the halves, and look forward to 2019.

If this is all to be believed, I think the game plan would be to leverage the Sharks in to letting Maloney go to the Knights, thus freeing up a pretty large chunk of cap for Bird to stay and play Five-Eighth.

The only scenario this benefits the Broncos is if on November 1 we have signed a contract with Ash Taylor for $750k a season, in which case it'd probably be better for our long-term plan to just let Bird stay in Sydney, have a year with Milford & Nikorima in the halves, and look forward to 2019.

Sounds really good but if we sign taylor what does everyone think what niko will do prob go to the gc

Things change, bro...

Things change, bro...

If he's got a busted shoulder then he's basically gone for the year.

Send him up here now to do the rehab.

And keep those Cronulla pricks from trying to talk him out of the move

If he's got a busted shoulder then he's basically gone for the year.

Send him up here now to do the rehab.

And keep those Cronulla pricks from trying to talk him out of the move
They can't talk him out of shit. He signed a contract and the 10 day cooling off is well and truly over.

It's not like he signed a short contract either it's 4 years... so based on what's been said previously someone would have to take all of his salary for 4 years as there is no way we'd be willing to pay any of it.

They can't talk him out of shit. He signed a contract and the 10 day cooling off is well and truly over.

It's not like he signed a short contract either it's 4 years... so based on what's been said previously someone would have to take all of his salary for 4 years as there is no way we'd be willing to pay any of it.
He's a great player and handy in a lot of positions but if he isn't keen don't come. We could use the money to just offer Benji and Blair more money

Just don't trust those Cronulla pricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • bazza
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • ivanhungryjak
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.