Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither was Locky at 22... but having a player such as Perry or Wallace next to him, helped him develop as a more complete player, while still allowing him to pick his moments, rather than being forced to do the job of the halfback as well as his.

Definitely, it's exactly what we need. Just people will expect milf to be locky at 22 , he has a whole lot of growing to do.

I agree Milford needs a calming halfback that controls the game. Imagine what Milford can be if gets that. Because in my opinion the individual brilliance from Milford is just as if not more spectacular than Lockyer. But Lockyer had everything else that Milford does not have.

I agree Milford needs a calming halfback that controls the game. Imagine what Milford can be if gets that. Because in my opinion the individual brilliance from Milford is just as if not more spectacular than Lockyer. But Lockyer had everything else that Milford does not have.
Milf needs a dominant halfback. A Thurston or a Cronk or a Pearce.

He sure as shit doesn’t need to be the dominant half (with a Perry or a Wallace).

Milf needs a dominant halfback. A Thurston or a Cronk or a Pearce.

He sure as shit doesn’t need to be the dominant half (with a Perry or a Wallace).
Is that not what I just said, a calming halfback than controls the game?

Is that not what I just said, a calming halfback than controls the game?

but you want Nikorima as our halfback .. who is the opposite of a calming halfback that controls the game

but you want Nikorima as our halfback .. who is the opposite of a calming halfback that controls the game
Yeah I want him to have this year, you'll be surprised on what a full pre season with Kevin Walters will do for him. If he doesn't work out there's 2019 market. He has earned the opportunity he played better than Hunt has for the last 2 years ffs.

Milford needs a dominant forward pack ,and a retreating defence.

I think this is the most important statement. Any half is going to look ordinary behind a pack that's going nowhere, being beaten at every play the ball and is on the back foot. Broncos got to within one game of a GF, with a pack badly beaten in the ruck each week.

If we can get on the front foot by winning the play the ball with bigger, stronger bodies, our halves will be more than ok.

Yeah I want him to have this year, you'll be surprised on what a full pre season with Kevin Walters will do for him. If he doesn't work out there's 2019 market. He has earned the opportunity he played better than Hunt has for the last 2 years ffs.

He hasn't played better than Hunt, but that is beside the point ...

you can't advocate for a calming controlling halfback in one breathe and then want Nikorima as our halfback.

you have to choose ... either you want a calming controlling halfback or you want Nikorima (a solely running half that goes missing frequently) you can't have both

If we can get on the front foot by winning the play the ball with bigger, stronger bodies, our halves will be more than ok.

Yes, but who are our halves? Milford & Nikorima or Milford & TBA?

He hasn't played better than Hunt, but that is beside the point ...

you can't advocate for a calming controlling halfback in one breathe and then want Nikorima as our halfback.

you have to choose ... either you want a calming controlling halfback or you want Nikorima (a solely running half that goes missing frequently) you can't have both
See people like yourself start to get on my nerves. Who the **** wouldn't want a controlling dominant half. That fact is, this is the real world the likelihood of finding a halfback before season starts is very slim.

So that's why I'm saying give Nikorima a pre-season and 2018 to show us what he can grow into.

Nikorima can be anything he wants with a lot of hard work, both Milford and Nikorima will work on being a lot more controlled next season.

I want a young halves pairing that can grow into the next langer and Walters. I don't want some fucking nsw dog fucker running around for a couple years in a broncos jersey. I thought it was going to be Hunt and Milford or Taylor and Milford. But it just didn't workout.

I think this is the most important statement. Any half is going to look ordinary behind a pack that's going nowhere, being beaten at every play the ball and is on the back foot. Broncos got to within one game of a GF, with a pack badly beaten in the ruck each week.

A strong kicking game will be a great addition as well.

I really don’t see the need for Milford to be the dominant half. If you lay down the foundations for him through a strong pack and a controlling halfback he will be the cherry on top and that is his strongest attribute.

In lockyer’s biography I found it interesting when Bennett said he chased Brett kimmorley and that if we got him playing next to Lockyer we would have won more premierships.

Hodkinson ticks every box that most on here want and think we need. Great kicking game, calm, great organiser, solid defender, kicks goals.... Would he not be the perfect foil for an instinctive player like Milford?

No faith in Nikorima? I'm interested to see what Kevvie can do with his hands on both milf and Niko next year in terms of halves development. He got Hunt & Milf firing in 15

No faith in Nikorima? I'm interested to see what Kevvie can do with his hands on both milf and Niko next year in terms of halves development. He got Hunt & Milf firing in 15

Let’s be honest, as big a fan of Kodi as I am, if no one else is offering Hodgkinson anything and we get him super cheap, signing him is a no-brainer. As good as KNik is, there are simply no guarantees he will become the halfback we need. I think he will but there isn’t o harm having another option like Hodgkinson there.

Hunt was already firing in 2014 and he carried the spine that year, he was a large reason we even made the eight that season and that was under Griffin, not Bennett or Kevin Walters.

I'm all for seeing what Kevin Walters can do with Milford and Nikorima, but I don't want to see us in a position regretting a missed opportunity that presents itself either. We need depth/options there and if one of them go down we are in allsorts.

Last edited:
Let’s be honest, as big a fan of Kodi as I am, if no one else is offering Hodgkinson anything and we get him super cheap, signing him is a no-brainer.

Hodgkinson does have injury problems tho, his knees are foobar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.