Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
neither of Boyd nor Paix can even play ISC yet (both 17) ... so they are likely several years away from the NRL at the least

Obviously this is true but this isn't like they are looking to sign a stop gap until one of these kids is ready, this seems like a long-term option. Then you have Dargan as well.

A resurrection of one KHunt would be nice.... can't recall if he was a natural ball player when he came to grade (the sweep wasn't exactly in vogue at that point from memory), but **** me he was unstoppable in the end
Im still firmly of the belief that if Karmichael Hunt never left he would have been one of the all time greats. His short kicking game close to the line and passing ability was incredible. It's easy to forget that he had Won a comp, origin and four nations competitions all before he left NRL at 22... The Lockyer, Hunt, Hodges combination was sensational.

I'd just like to state how funny it would be if we retained all our youngsters the Roosters were after, AND poached their future halfback as well.

I have a feeling both teams are just bullshitting to make the other team pay more for their own players.

Deardon just awarded Queensland's most valuable player school championship for U18.

Just named for Australian Schoolboys to tour England.

Broncos’ contract is up end of this year.

Last edited:
Just named for Australian Schoolboys to tour England.

Broncos’ contract is up end of this year.

Only 3 QLD High School players in the Australian squad, that's not too promising for the future.

Obviously this is true but this isn't like they are looking to sign a stop gap until one of these kids is ready, this seems like a long-term option. Then you have Dargan as well.

Can't speak for the young ones, they have to be years out.

But the ones who are hyped up on here to be excellent, I'm feeling like maybe they're just your typical BHQ over hyped nothing junior. I mean, if they were any good, you would expect Kodi to at least be moved aside to give them a go. So if they're worse than him, lets buy whoever we can.

But the ones who are hyped up on here to be excellent, I'm feeling like maybe they're just your typical BHQ over hyped nothing junior. I mean, if they were any good, you would expect Kodi to at least be moved aside to give them a go. So if they're worse than him, lets buy whoever we can.

Probably best to actually invest some time in watching the Queensland Cup. If not, it's hard to form any sort of real opinion on the player. I have a friend that works for the QRL so that's where I get my info on our reserve players. From what I hear, the broncos have outrageously good depth that is entirely untapped. Isaako was one of those players until he made his debut.

Probably best to actually invest some time in watching the Queensland Cup. If not, it's hard to form any sort of real opinion on the player. I have a friend that works for the QRL so that's where I get my info on our reserve players. From what I hear, the broncos have outrageously good depth that is entirely untapped. Isaako was one of those players until he made his debut.

Issako was one of the best fullbacks in ISC last year. It wasnt like people weren't aware of him.

Last edited:

Problem on here is too many people see a name, see the hype that may or may not go along with them and then call for them to play, even though they have barely if ever seen them play. Haas is a prime example. He is good, but imo, and especially at ISC level, Pat Carrigan has outperformed him, yet he never received the calls for him to play the more hyped Payne Haas did.

Problem on here is too many people see a name, see the hype that may or may not go along with them and then call for them to play, even though they have barely if ever seen them play. Haas is a prime example. He is good, but imo, and especially at ISC level, Pat Carrigan has outperformed him, yet he never received the calls for him to play the more hyped Payne Haas did.
I'd say 99% of that was down to his name not being as cool.

Last edited:
To be fair though, the club clearly rates him higher too, he's played NRL, and been given an unprecedented 6 year contract. Have we ever had a player signed for that long? So maybe, in this case the hype is justified.

Haas was obviously being hyped up in the right places, IE, the club. It's always happened here, people get a whif, and they are the new expert on player X. Majority never attend ISC games, and they sure as hell aren't watching much on tele, but they run with the opinion. Based on what someone else said, and what was said on another site.

The majority of players over the years who are hyped up to be the next great thing on BHQ, turn out to be useless nothing players. It's to the point where if they're hyped up on here in lower grades, I'm pretty certain they're never going to make it.

Last edited:

I've never stated that I did watch lower grade footy often, but I also don't try to put a case forward for players who play there. No one denies that there is plenty of talent getting around in ISC. All I'm saying is that there are plenty of people who have been on BHQ now, and in the past, who would make some pretty horrible talent scouts.

IMG 2397

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.