Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis could have had a picnic last week with his last tackle kicks he had so much time. Guarantee that if Blairs on the field, he doesn't kick anywhere half as good with consistent pressure

To be honest if we had Gillett and a fully fit TPJ on the field the only time Lewis has is time to rest while on his back

So can anyone answer me as to why Bulldogs are able to blood a rookie half with a decent kicking game but we can't find one to save our life?

I could make those kicks if afforded the same amount of time our team decided to give him. FFS the guy literally had time to stop, set himself and point to the spot he was going to kick. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

To be honest if we had Gillett and a fully fit TPJ on the field the only time Lewis has is time to rest while on his back

Lewis smashed tpj every time and would handle gillet as well. From all accounts, he has pretty good defence even against big forwards.

Lewis smashed tpj every time and would handle gillet as well. From all accounts, he has pretty good defence even against big forwards.
Smashed? He held onto him every time but he certainly didn't smash him

Smashed? He held onto him every time but he certainly didn't smash him

Considering the size difference, He absolutely hammered tpj a couple times.

Because our recruitment team seem to think that the spine positions don't require any depth players. They'd rather have 10 second rowers on the books.

Lucky they did this year, given how many backrower issues we have had, yet such little drama injury-wise in the halves...

So can anyone answer me as to why Bulldogs are able to blood a rookie half with a decent kicking game but we can't find one to save our life?

Yep, not to mention that Cowboys 5/8 and Brimson at the Titans. Clearly there's a fair few talented young halves around and either we have none of them or Wayne isn't prepared to see what they can do.

Last edited:
I could make those kicks if afforded the same amount of time our team decided to give him. FFS the guy literally had time to stop, set himself and point to the spot he was going to kick. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Just in case you haven't watched Lewis play before, he stops and sets himself everytime he kicks. He always looks as if he has heaps of time

Yep, not to mention that Cowboys 5/8 and Brimson at the Titans. Clearly there's a fair few talented young halves around and either we have none of them or Wayne isn't prepared to see what they can do.

None of those you mentioned are fucking halfbacks though.

None of those you mentioned are fucking halfbacks though.

Didn't say they were in my comment. My point was that despite our obvious issues in the halves we are yet to try anything other than Niko (or Bird). I understand that we are in the top 8 and fighting for points but surely we can't consider ourselves a realistic chance of winning the comp this year the way we have been playing recently.

Given we know what the solution is not, maybe giving a guy like Dargan a chance wouldn't be the worst idea. At the very least it may give us some idea as to how we may move forward and perhaps we will unearth a future talent like the Cows and Titans have.

Last edited:
Didn't say they were in my comment. My point was that despite our obvious issues in the halves we are yet to try anything other than Niko (or Bird). I understand that we are in the top 8 and fighting for points but surely we can't consider ourselves a realistic chance of winning the comp this year the way we have been playing recently.

Given we know what the solution is not, maybe giving a guy like Dargan a chance wouldn't be the worst idea. At the very least it may give us some idea as to how we may move forward and perhaps we will unearth a future talent like the Cows and Titans have.

Next year it’s going to be a big fight for the number 7 with our young halves coming through. The preseason training and trials will definitely make a huge difference. We have Dargan, T.Boyd, Cory Paix, Turpin all young half backs. We may not have to bring anyone in if 1 of these guys gets a chance.

You sure about that?

Both of them are halfbacks.

Brimson is not a halfback. The cowboys 6 I thought he meant was TMM.

But Brimson is no more a halfback than Nikorima.

Just in case you haven't watched Lewis play before, he stops and sets himself everytime he kicks. He always looks as if he has heaps of time

Yeah but I know the moment b4l is talking about, it was ridiculous. Zero pressure. He can have time to stop and set up, but not fucking point where the kick is going and then a try comes about. Just embarrassing.

Next year it’s going to be a big fight for the number 7 with our young halves coming through. The preseason training and trials will definitely make a huge difference. We have Dargan, T.Boyd, Cory Paix, Turpin all young half backs. We may not have to bring anyone in if 1 of these guys gets a chance.

Turpin is a Halfback? Have you been watching him play in ISC?

Yeah but I know the moment b4l is talking about, it was ridiculous. Zero pressure. He can have time to stop and set up, but not fucking point where the kick is going and then a try comes about. Just embarrassing.
Exactly - it reminded me of the Harlem Globetrotters.

Seemed like Lewis could just do whatever he wanted and not one Bronco could stop him - they just stood there looking on in mix of awe, bewilderment and stupidity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • MrMoore
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mister Wright
  • kiwibronco
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Spooky1013
  • Browny
  • Dash
  • Bongo
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • davidp
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.