Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than Milford - or better than what Milford is dishing up now (considering Hughes has Slater and Smith in his team) - come on. Put Milford next to a seasoned no. 7 - he is carving up, no two ways about it. Do you understand the pressure Milf is under at the moment? More than any number six in the comp, imo.

Milford has shown no improvement since making first grade. If anything he's been on a decline.

He seriously just looks like a little lost baby most of the time.. I agree with you, we should get a baby sitter in the halves to hold his hand during the game.

Entirely different player in this clip. His days at the Raiders when he was fit, confident, happy and his main job in attack was to run the ball.

Just look at the jaw line and muscle definition in comparison to now. His confidence in being able to get through the line with his speed and power was much more prevalent

Last edited:
Milford has shown no improvement since making first grade. If anything he's been on a decline.

He seriously just looks like a little lost baby most of the time.. I agree with you, we should get a baby sitter in the halves to hold his hand during the game.

Yes because that was the point I was making.

No improvement since making first grade? Are you serious?

Entirely different player in this clip. His days at the Raiders when he was fit, confident, happy and his main job in attack was to run the ball.

Just look at the jaw line and muscle definition in comparison to now. His confidence in being able to get through the line with his speed and power was much more prevalent

No Expectations.

Yes because that was the point I was making.

No improvement since making first grade? Are you serious?

Yeah, I'm serious. What kind of half waits for the winger to run from the other side of the field to take a kick for touch every time the side gets a penalty? Hopeless

What the hell are you watching? Because you're clearly not watching Anthony Milford.

I can’t agree that Milford hasn’t improved, because he simply has. He has so many more feathers to his cap now and really has impressed with his development to the point where I think he could make a really good 7 in time (he is already an infinitely better 7 than our actual 7). But, IMO at least, this is moot because he shouldn’t have to. As 2015 proves, as good as he may be as a 7, he is already capable of being a better 6.

But I also can’t disagree that he isn’t the same dynamite attacking / running player he was a few years ago (as highlighted in that video).

He ran away from Michael Morgan in one of those tries. Unfortunately, at times over the last 2 years, he probably wouldn’t be capable of running away from Michael Caine.

All that said, the poor bloke has literally had the weight of the Broncos entire attack on his shoulders for most of 2018. Something has to give. At times over the last 2 years, it has been his x-factor.

Last edited:
I can’t agree that Milford hasn’t improved, because he simply has. He has so many more feathers to his cap now and really has impressed with his development to the point where I think he could make a really good 7 in time (he is already an infinitely better 7 than our actual 7). But, IMO at least, this is moot because he shouldn’t have to. As 2015 proves, as good as he may be as a 7, he is already capable of being a better 6.

But I also can’t disagree that he isn’t the same dynamite attacking / running player he was a few years ago (as highlighted in that video).

He ran away from Michael Morgan in one of those tries. Unfortunately, at times over the last 2 years, he probably wouldn’t be capable of running away from Michael Caine.

All that said, the poor bloke has literally had the weight of the Broncos entire attack on his shoulders for most of 2018. Something has to give. At times over the last 2 years, it has been his x-factor.

His highlights in 2015 prove an entirely different point. The Canberra Raiders finished second last in 2014, the Broncos nearly won a GF in large part due to Milf.

He hasn't been used right, I think most of us agree on this. This is ultimately down to Wayne, like it or not.

Surely, there's a junior in qld somewhere that can kick and organise a team. Surely that junior will jump at the opportunity to play for the broncos on the cheap too. Surely he's out there. We need to get the best out of Milford to be a premiership contender

Way better combination than what the Broncos are dealing with at the moment. Jahrome Hughes will probably be better than Milford by the end of next year

Storm going to fall into a huge puddle when Smith hangs them up. Hughes isn't do shit at the moment. Smiths playing halfback and directing traffic for the storm at the moment. Then you will see how overhyped some of the Storm players really are especially Munster

His highlights in 2015 prove an entirely different point. The Canberra Raiders finished second last in 2014, the Broncos nearly won a GF in large part due to Milf.

He hasn't been used right, I think most of us agree on this. This is ultimately down to Wayne, like it or not.
Honestly, I can’t tell if you’re arguing with what I said, agreeing with it or somewhere in between :eyepop:

Milf improved in some areas, but declined with his running game so freaking much.

Yeah he was a 19 year old unknown with great footwork and speed. Happens quite often, then they get targeted and heavily marked . Watch what happens to cook and duffty next year, it's the good ones who learn how to deal with it and evolve.

Way better combination than what the Broncos are dealing with at the moment. Jahrome Hughes will probably be better than Milford by the end of next year

Didn't Bellamy AND Smith personally ring up (begged) Milf to go to Melbourne when they were chasing him? I bet they had a spine of: Smith2, Croft, Milford, Munster in mind. Note that Musnter isn't in the halves in that hypothetical.

Last edited:
Storm going to fall into a huge puddle when Smith hangs them up. Hughes isn't do shit at the moment. Smiths playing halfback and directing traffic for the storm at the moment. Then you will see how overhyped some of the Storm players really are especially Munster

Then maybe just maybe the broncos can start beating them?

Didn't Bellamy AND Smith personally ring up (begged) Milf to go to Melbourne when they were chasing him? I bet they had a spine of: Smith2, Croft, Milford, Munster in mind. Note that Musnter isn't in the halves in that hypothetical.

They wanted to swap Munster for Milford.

Wow! Seriously? You're not listening the fuckheads in the media & Tallis are you? Compared to whom he's a decline? Every damm 6 in other teams is dishing out the same crap week in week out mate.

The other day, I watched 'Queenslanders Only' and it made me laugh as to what the moron Tallis was talking about. Ash Taylor was disappointed, depressed and lost confidence because he didn't get selected for Queensland? What the **** was he talking about? Players don't get selected to Queensland based on their salary instead, based on their freaking performance leading up to Origin for their respective clubs. If a player didn't get selected for Game-1, they should take it personally and show to selectors by their performance for their respective clubs leading yo Game-II or Game-III. Not become a cry baby & winge about it and dish out some crap and stupid play like he did.

Stop listening to fuckwids like Tallis & other morons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • levikaden
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • Midean
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Tim K
  • Manlyman
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrRobot
  • Manifesto
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.