Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we had signed Maika Sivo from Penrith. Unfortunately, he has gone to Parramatta.

What’s the go with Kahu? Heard a few rumours he has signed with or is going to sign with the titans. I’ve been checking his Instagram but nothing on there.

Personally I hope he does. We have far better options at centre next year. Kahu is a complete and utter liability in the centres. He is a good winger but with issako and Oates he ain’t playing on the wing. I’d rather see his money go to retaining some of the younger up and coming talent

Last edited:
What’s the go with Kahu? Heard a few rumours he has signed with or is going to sign with the titans. I’ve been checking his Instagram but nothing on there.

Personally I hope he does. We have far better options at centre next year. Kahu is a complete and utter liability in the centres. He is a good winger but with issako and Oates he ain’t playing on the wing. I’d rather see his money go to retaining some of the younger up and coming talent
Apparently titans have offered a 3 year contract. Given Kahu is off contract this year or next I'd say broncos wouldn't stand in his way to find a better pay day... provided broncos aren't paying any of his wages moving forward.

He may be a liability in the centers but he'd be a very good back up for wing as it's basically Isaako and Oates then daylight... not forgetting that if Darius went down he would make a decent back up to fullback as well. Or wing should Isaako get moved to fullback.

If Kahu has two years left with us I think it would be a poor decision to let him go. If he's off contract end of this year and titans are offering him a 3 year deal they may let him go, similar to what they did for Blair.

Apparently titans have offered a 3 year contract. Given Kahu is off contract this year or next I'd say broncos wouldn't stand in his way to find a better pay day... provided broncos aren't paying any of his wages moving forward.

He may be a liability in the centers but he'd be a very good back up for wing as it's basically Isaako and Oates then daylight... not forgetting that if Darius went down he would make a decent back up to fullback as well. Or wing should Isaako get moved to fullback.

If Kahu has two years left with us I think it would be a poor decision to let him go. If he's off contract end of this year and titans are offering him a 3 year deal they may let him go, similar to what they did for Blair.

I disagree. We have bird and staggs to play centre, both of which are far better options. The games that Pearson played this year were all very good. He can cover the wing and staggs can cover the centre should bird be picked in the centres round 1.

I disagree. We have bird and staggs to play centre, both of which are far better options. The games that Pearson played this year were all very good. He can cover the wing and staggs can cover the centre should bird be picked in the centres round 1.

Pearson isn't here next year

Apparently Leeds are looking to let a few players go and Matt Parcell is one of them. He'd be pretty good back up, although he will probably sign with Toronto Wolfpack so he can holiday in America this time

Apparently Leeds are looking to let a few players go and Matt Parcell is one of them. He'd be pretty good back up, although he will probably sign with Toronto Wolfpack so he can holiday in America this time

If Manly let him go and Leeds are letting him go, I think it's safe to say he's just not good at Rugby League.

Would rather grab Segeyaro, he'd be the perfect bench utility, and could actually put pressure on McCullough's spot, which is proven to be the best way to get Macca playing his best footy.

I'd sign him up in a heartbeat if he wanted to come.

If Manly let him go and Leeds are letting him go, I think it's safe to say he's just not good at Rugby League.

Would rather grab Segeyaro, he'd be the perfect bench utility, and could actually put pressure on McCullough's spot, which is proven to be the best way to get Macca playing his best footy.

He’s been going good over there just had an injury disrupted year. Leeds are having major change of the guard after a bad year where they finished bottom 4

Parcell would be a dream. Was always good for us off the bench and was amazing for Manly in his first year there, but got dropped for Koroisau.

Should have never left the NRL. If he stayed in the NRL, I firmly believe he would have been up there with Damien Cook.

Could have even been the QLD hooker. He's what we needed.

Segeyaro on the other hand would most likely be looking to use his performances for Sharks as a platform for a starting role at another club.

Yet again, Macca blocking pathways.
He's so boring, it hurts me.

I'd prefer to just move on from the Macca era and bring back Parcell.

Last edited:
Bird is a centre, Staggs is a centre or second rower and Pearson is gone next year.

Also I didn't say depth at centre (in fact I said he's a liability at centre)... I said depth at wing and fullback two spots we're already short at

Last edited:
I like Parcell, but it's a massive exaggeration to say he was amazing for manly.

Okay, I may show some bias as I had him in my Super Coach team to start the season. Anyway, he was good.

Bird is a centre, Staggs is a centre or second rower and Pearson is gone next year.

Also I didn't say depth at centre (in fact I said he's a liability at centre)... I said depth at wing and fullback two spots we're already short at

Usain Bolt is looking for a club?

After his Tonga performance, I'm a little wary regarding TPJ. At the moment, he's effectively a BJ Leilua. When in the right mood, he's virtually unstoppable, can offload at will, and build momentum out of nothing. Conversely, he makes some really poor decisions, can be a liability both in defence with his discipline, although he's not quite at the same level of brain farts.

Arguably, the Tongans weren't going to win with structured, safety-first play. It's entirely likely that TPJ and most others were given a free license to throw it around and try to create something, as Fifita was also at his loosest (though Taumalolo played very controlled and was excellent). Which kind of makes me a little more nervous, as Bennett will surely want to reign that in for the sake of consistency and ball-control. Will that make TPJ feel stifled? I know he says he wants to be the best he can be, and he trusts Bennett to bring that out of him, but if Newcastle come knocking with $850,000 a season, and tell him to just rip & tear and throw the ball around, will he be tempted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.