Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I agree with Boyd I’m not so sure about bird. He has been extremely unlucky. He was probably our best player until he got injured this year. He was really looking good and starting to bust tackles. You can’t do anything about injuries. That’s just bad luck. His contract size was a little on the large size but if he had of been able to stay fit this year he would have played origin and probably justified his price tag.

Yeah Bird was playing very well while we stunk at the start of the year. I’m hoping Shiba becomes a good first grade option by the start of next season and Bird can become our fullback. Boyd retiring. That’s my dream anyway

Another junior mismanaged by Green. Very glad we didn't get him as our coach. He shows little faith in anyone under 25 years old it feels like sometimes. Fensom and tagataese would have liked him as a coach though haha
[automerge]1559954639[/automerge]

It will not be seamless.
The one thing they have at the moment that is making it appear that way is c Smith is still playing.
Croft hasn't lived upto expectations yet I feel, and they picked Hughes initially for the fullback spot with drinkwater second pick (fair enough at the time) injury got papanh in and he looks the best option so they don't always get it right.
With c Smith in your team you could runout the ipswich under 12s spine and they'd look OK. Not saying their structures and talent there isn't good, just that we will only know for sure a little bit after c Smith retires I believe e

...been watching to see if Melbourne would drop back down to the rest of the pack over the last few years, lose Inglis, Folou, Slater, Cronk......and there is Cam Smith still standing...

makes me think; it was actually Cam Smith all along....

so you can survive losing Slater, losing Cronk.....makes no difference with that number 9 playing....

be very interesting once he retires....

Jensen would be a good pick up, I feel he has been mismanaged at the Cows.

Why is that? He's coming off his best two years after coming back, played in a Grand Final and was outstanding for them in the finals, rookie of the year and a new deal.

He's a great Cowboys story, played U20's for them and then didn't get a NRL deal so went and played two years of ISC and got his deal then.

He's been a bit inconsistent this year and spent some time in ISC but that's pretty much the Cowboys this year.

He was outstanding for Residents and vice captain too a few weeks ago.

Whilst I'm in favour of signing Ponga, I guarantee he'll walk off to Union after a few years with us.

We should be doing Folau for 2020 and 2021 and then Ponga after that. Give Folau the SBW like dream come back for a couple of yaers then he moves on to some random Union comps overseas. **** Beattie, if we want Folau surely we can get him.

Anybody is better than current Darius, but that's the best way to go about it IMO.

Whilst I'm in favour of signing Ponga, I guarantee he'll walk off to Union after a few years with us.

We should be doing Folau for 2020 and 2021 and then Ponga after that. Give Folau the SBW like dream come back for a couple of yaers then he moves on to some random Union comps overseas. **** Beattie, if we want Folau surely we can get him.

Anybody is better than current Darius, but that's the best way to go about it IMO.

**** Folau

**** Folau

Yep, we have Boyd locked up until Ponga is off contract so need to go after arguably the best rugby player in the world and a former League superstar!

Who else is on the market? We need a gun FB, it's probably the most important position on the field unless you have Smith.

Yep, we have Boyd locked up until Ponga is off contract so need to go after arguably the best rugby player in the world and a former League superstar!

Who else is on the market? We need a gun FB, it's probably the most important position on the field unless you have Smith.

I agree. I look at Tedesco / Ponga / RTS and think if we had either of those three we would be such a better side. The amount of games the Roosters have won since Tedesco signed with them just off the back of Tedesco’s brilliance makes me jealous.

Ponga will win many games for Newcastle with his brilliance and how many games did the storm win off the back of something slater did.

Fullback is such a key position and unfortunately we don’t have one that makes try saving tackles or breaks the line with a footwork or speed. Time for change!

I agree. I look at Tedesco / Ponga / RTS and think if we had either of those three we would be such a better side. The amount of games the Roosters have won since Tedesco signed with them just off the back of Tedesco’s brilliance makes me jealous.

Ponga will win many games for Newcastle with his brilliance and how many games did the storm win off the back of something slater did.

Fullback is such a key position and unfortunately we don’t have one that makes try saving tackles or breaks the line with a footwork or speed. Time for change!

I'm failing to see an alternative outside of rolling the dice on someone like Drinkwater (not against signing him, but if we did that would probably make Ponga a no go given Drinkwater's age) who is no guarantee to be good. We're meant to be the biggest club in the comp, and Folau is a big name signing. Although we should go after Ponga, we can't put our chances of winning a comp on hold for two years on the hope that he signs.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Isaako will be tried there next, but he's been so shit that he should be a lot closer to being dropped than being moved to fullback.

What about all the rumours from a few months back about how Macca, Boyd and Glenn are unwanted for next year? So far, only Glenn looks like he desperately wants to prove himself.

I think we go with Drinkwater. If he was going to be good enough to start at Fullback for the Storm he's good enough for us. I've seen enough to say he will be a great first grade player. Get it done now.

I'm not sure how much longer he's on contract for, but the Cows/ Drinkwater deal seems to have stalled because the storm are demanding a quality forward. They'll probably ask us for Bullemore or Coates or something in which case it's obviously not worth it.

I'm not sure how much longer he's on contract for, but the Cows/ Drinkwater deal seems to have stalled because the storm are demanding a quality forward. They'll probably ask us for Bullemore or Coates or something in which case it's obviously not worth it.

No way we should give up Coates or Bullemore under any circumstances.

No harm in playing hard ball. None of the young uns should be on the table, only Mago and that is a pretty decent offering.

NRL.com is reporting that Sam Walker has signed with the Roosters.

if this is true I'd like to know why we bother supporting the Ipswich Jets and why we bother playing our younger players in their team if the coaches own kin is rejecting the parent club to sign with a rival club. Roosters having never spent a cent or a minute of time nurturing this kid must be pissing themselves laughing at our ramshackle system.

they did the same thing a few seasons ago with J. Nikorima too.

This stinks to high heavens.

Last edited:
The Jets haven't had a Broncos affiliate since 2016 when the Broncos cracked the sads over Seve being omitted. These days they only have a relationship with their junior pathways, which is mutually beneficial because it gives Brisbane first dibs on that area.

Walker is a fine talent and could very well be the pick of the lot. However Brisbane already have a plethora of halves and need to look at other positions. They couldn't afford to give Walker a great deal and Walker had to do what was right his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Griffo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • thenry
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.