Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short write up on Lodge on NRL.com. States he has purchased property in Rouse Hill in north western Sydney. I'm not sure how to post the article but it is on the bottom of the "Mbye future clouded..." article.

Chance he has purchased it for his family/in laws/investment/other but i know that area and the only teams it would be located for are Penrith or Parra, any other team it is too far to travel with similar or better suburb options closer to the other Sydney clubs.

I know I've harped on about it a little, but can we PLEASE LOCK FIFI UP FOR THE NEXT 5YRS, ASAP !!

NO, let’s wait for his value to double first.

Seriously though, there’s every chance we’re trying to, you kind of get the feeling his manager would be telling him to wait. It make sense as his value just keeps increasing
[automerge]1559866845[/automerge]
Short write up on Lodge on NRL.com. States he has purchased property in Rouse Hill in north western Sydney. I'm not sure how to post the article but it is on the bottom of the "Mbye future clouded..." article.

Chance he has purchased it for his family/in laws/investment/other but i know that area and the only teams it would be located for are Penrith or Parra, any other team it is too far to travel with similar or better suburb options closer to the other Sydney clubs.

Yeah, the heading is very misleading. Your correct, unless he’s signed with Paara or Penrith Rouse Hill is not an area which is close to any other club. That said don’t parra have salary cap issues? I doubt you’d leave the Broncos for Penrith who would probably offer similar money to us

Last edited:
NO, let’s wait for his value to double first.

Seriously though, there’s every chance we’re trying to, you kind of get the feeling his manager would be telling him to wait. It make sense as his value just keeps increasing
[automerge]1559866845[/automerge]

Yeah, the heading is very misleading. Your correct, unless he’s signed with Paara or Penrith Rouse Hill is not an area which is close to any other club. That said don’t parra have salary cap issues? I doubt you’d leave the Broncos for Penrith who would probably offer similar money to us

I thought I read that Parra were one of the clubs chasing him hard. Might not be a good sign

Its an odd one. He went to pats and grew up around Marsden Park, with the new rail link there it could just be an investment as house value have copped a big hit there recently.

Folau likely has more years left in him than a career League player. As a fullback in Union, when you field a kick you're more likely to just kick for the sidelines yourself than run it back for a ruck. And let's remember the "don't touch me, stay back 10 metres" he enjoyed for years in AFL (if he ever actually got the ball).

A potential 4-5 years is just as much "the future" as any other player you'd try to sign.

Fair enough

I just think of Hayne and wonder about the quality of people coming back after not playing the game for an extended period

Not the same for Izzy I guess as he has been at least in a similar code, but gee if we did sign him it would want to be a modest contract

He's a penrith junior isn't he??

Could be buying a place as a long term investment... pay it off now whilst playing, rent it out and settle back into it when he retires. Likely the location is around family and friends if that's where he grew up.

Yeah the housing market in Sydney is cooked right now. Between now and the next 12 months it’s a great idea to buy in. Doesn’t surprise me at all.

If this report is correct I wonder if the NRL had to approve the purchase. He is presumably still paying off the fine in the US which they wanted to sign off on.
If he stays in Brisbane and then buys a place in Sydney which would be an additional financial commitment you would think that might impact on his capacity to keep up his payments on the fine he is paying off, at least on the current rate he is doing.

If this report is correct I wonder if the NRL had to approve the purchase. He is presumably still paying off the fine in the US which they wanted to sign off on.
If he stays in Brisbane and then buys a place in Sydney which would be an additional financial commitment you would think that might impact on his capacity to keep up his payments on the fine he is paying off, at least on the current rate he is doing.

Don't worry mate we cheat the cap Lodge is a trillionaire if I'm hearing right.

Sporting news reporting eels are going to off a multi million dollar offer to lodge for 4 years.
Worrying.

He would only earn 100k\yr as it stands. Just trying to push up his price. He's worth lots more.

If he’s gonna go, it’s better we know early so we can plan towards the future.

I personally think it’s a foregone conclusion based on his quotes in the article the other day.
What article was this?

What article was this?

Article had him quoted as saying he doesn’t owe the broncos anything anymore and that he has to consider his family when signing his next contract.

Although I agree somewhat that he has repaid the faith we have shown him I would like to think that he still feels as though he owes us a little still.

Pretty worried to be honest. I have a bad feeling he may be gone.

I must admit that it is really disappointing to hear him phrase things like that. We resurrected his career when no-one would touch him. The club endured an absolute PR nightmare and even fans have copped a lot of shit over him. So to hear him say he thinks that after a season and a half of service we are ‘fair and square’ is really disheartening.

Each year the players and the game in general make me care less and less about this sport.

Last edited:
Towards the end of this article.

Not sure what to make of that article to be honest. I think it is a little worrying though.

I am concerned however, we are letting blokes go, however we are not recruiting anyone (except seggy who didn’t have a club to star with.)
Yes we have these young talented blokes coming through, but if we can’t keep onto those we want to keep, eg lodge, tpj, then what’s the point..?
Seems as thought there is always talk of a few boys leaving, yet not much talk going on of any quality wanting to come to the club..

Hopefully I am wrong.

Think could be building a warchest for Kalyn
Not sure what to make of that article to be honest. I think it is a little worrying though.

I am concerned however, we are letting blokes go, however we are not recruiting anyone (except seggy who didn’t have a club to star with.)
Yes we have these young talented blokes coming through, but if we can’t keep onto those we want to keep, eg lodge, tpj, then what’s the point..?
Seems as thought there is always talk of a few boys leaving, yet not much talk going on of any quality wanting to come to the club..

Hopefully I am wrong.[/QUOTE

Last edited:
I must admit that it is really disappointing to hear him phrase things like that. We resurrected his career when no-one would touch him. The club endured an absolute PR nightmare and even fans have copped a lot of shit over him. So to hear him say he thinks that after a season and a half of service we are ‘fair and square’ is really disheartening.

Each year the players and the game in general make me care less and less about this sport.

this following part bodes well for us, the quotes about him being even with us just mean we will need to give him a competitive offer now:

I am still happy to be here.

"It is a good club. That will be a factor as well. Life is pretty easy under Seibs (coach Anthony Seibold). He is good and we get along well.

"I guess family is a big thing. They are only an hour flight away at the end of the day. The club lets me jump on a plane and go and see them or stay when we play in Sydney.

"I am only young so I have my whole life to be around them. For the moment, I am just worried about the best place to play footy."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/06/mbye-future-clouded-after-wests-tigers-bench-demotion/

Think could be building a warchest for Kalyn
Ponga isn’t off contract until 2022. It would be silly to have another few lean years in order to try and sign Ponga.
All the eggs in the one basket for that far away is extremely dangerous.
I’d be very surprised if Ponga left Newcastle, in fact I believe they’re already in talks with him to extend beyond his current contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Alec
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.