Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad we've locked up Staggs, Dearden and whichever kids are off contract since that above tweet from Chris Garry. Good thing they aren't free to sign elsewhere in about 5 weeks.

My hitlist would be
- Lachlan burr
- papalii of the Isiah kind
- ray stone
- Michael Oldfield (left wing I know) excuse the joke
-jarret jubloo (only for the name)
-david gower

I think we might be a bit harsh in judging the ol' raging fool's anger over players crossing the line. He drank just as much as anyone else so I wouldn't say he was a full-blown sook.

He did, after-all, call out Rodney Howe for taking steroids and completely ironed him out on the field to prove a the point that we did not want to see drugs creep into RL culture. If this is sooking I say we need more of it. I still give him browny points for that despite the endless verbal diarrhea he spouts today.
Just on the steroid thing can I just add that they were everywhere in every club during the 80s and 90s. It was an open secret in reality. Guys would turn up for a new season 10-20 kilos heavier at every club and I don't just mean one guy at each club! I'm NOT saying everyone but plenty of enhanced bodies were to be found.

We joined in 88. I'm pretty sure there'd be older folk who may have interesting tales to tell.

jarret jubloo (only for the name)

It's Subloo, I believe he was a scholarship holder with the Broncos at one point.

It's Subloo, I believe he was a scholarship holder with the Broncos at one point.
What position does he play? Who's he currently contracted with? Is he any good?

What position does he play? Who's he currently contracted with? Is he any good?

He's a running five-eighth currently contracted to the Raiders. Has his fans but I haven't seen enough to be excited about him. Just seemed like a solid player, Canberra clearly see something in him though and were willing to give him some seasoning to see how he'd handle the NRL experience. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot to judge him on.

Updated Circus:

Manly - TPJ, Garner
Cowboys - AFB
Dragons - McGuire, Joffa
Wests - Tamou, Addo-Carr
Melbourne - Milford, Bird
Broncos - Hunt + transfer fee of $3 million dollars to Dragons
Just wondering where did you see that Milford and bird link

Tristan Sailor still without a contract. Might be worth a shot for a bit of depth at first (our stocks in the backs are pretty low) then see how he develops. Use a portion of Kahu's money for him.
I think the jury is still out on just how good he really is but honestly given he can play Fullback and in the Halves, both positions we need to recruit in, plus the fact his father has a massive history at the club, it does strike me as odd that we seemingly haven't even entertained having a look at him.

Last edited:
I think the jury is still out on just how good he really is but honestly given he can play Fullback and in the Halves, both positions we need to recruit in, plus the fact his father has a massive history at the club, it does strike me as odd that we seemingly haven't even entertained having a look at him.

does he want to come here? Its far easier to switch teams in Sydney where can join 7 other clubs without moving hosue..

does he want to come here? Its far easier to switch teams in Sydney where can join 7 other clubs without moving hosue..
I have absolutely no idea. I'd figure at this point in his career he'd have to be pretty tempted to go anywhere that had a clear path to regular NRL footy for him.

Also, the Dragons are based in Wollongong, not Sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.