Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Who thinks Benji will stay?

We're apparently not going to give him more money, but it doesn't look like anybody else will either.

I would like to see him stay, but at the end of the day we can't afford to sign him at the expense of other players. The offer is what it is, he knows early so can decide to loik elsewhere or stick around

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Forgetting about Thaiday.

I wouldn't select him personally, unless his impact matched or was better than whoever got left out for him.

We also have Su'a who will follow Arrow out the door if he doesn't get his chance.

I would even say keep Bird in the backline and put Su'a in the backrow

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Productive season if we can officially retain Boyd, Kahu & Benji. Very happy with our decisions so far. My favourite part is the length of the contracts, the guys we know are our core group moving forward are locked up until 2020/2021, the guys we aren't certain about are only signed until 2019.

Boyd (2021*)
McCullough (2021)
McGuire (2021)
Milford (2021)
Roberts (2021)
Bird (2021)
Gillett (2020)
Nikorima (2020)
Kahu (2019*)
Glenn (2019)
Ofahengaue (2019)
Savelio (2019)
Mead (2018)
Marshall (2018*)

Notably off-contract next season -

Blair (2018)
Thaiday (2018)
Pangai Jr (2018)
Oates (2018)
Sims (2018)
Su'A (2018)

As long as we can re-sign Blair, Pangai Jr, Oates & Su'A.. We're looking damn good moving forward.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd say Blair isn't a priority re-signing. Nice to keep him for sure and he does offer a lot but not at the expense of Haas/Joffa et al.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I'd say Blair isn't a priority re-signing. Nice to keep him for sure and he does offer a lot but not at the expense of Haas/Joffa et al.

Wah?

He's our forward leader, I'd be gutted if we lost him. Still has 3-4 years left in him, too.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
By all reports Oates will be moving into the back row next year to increase his value.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

I think Blairy will retire a bronco. He is the real forward leader out there for us and Bennett regards him extremely highly. I mean, he is our captain when Boyds out. You have a few other players that could be captain but he gets the nod.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Sorry guys, I think I didn't explain that well. I hope he stays, I really do, I just think that once his current contract is up, we should not be upping his offer.

He will be getting on and if he is willing to stay for the same as he is on now or less, than we DEFINITELY keep him. If he wants more, let him go.

That said, I also think he would be happy to sacrifice for the team and lifestyle in Brissy.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Sorry guys, I think I didn't explain that well. I hope he stays, I really do, I just think that once his current contract is up, we should not be upping his offer.

He will be getting on and if he is willing to stay for the same as he is on now or less, than we DEFINITELY keep him. If he wants more, let him go.

That said, I also think he would be happy to sacrifice for the team and lifestyle in Brissy.
He won't be asking more. He's very content. He knows perfectly well what chasing better money means. Confess at a great cost

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
By all reports Oates will be moving into the back row next year to increase his value.

He will need to play where it is best for the team and fore the foreseeable future that is wing

Well after his current contract he might go then.

as much as i would hate to lose him, if he isn't prepared to do whats best for the team, then we should let him walk.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I think we should resign Pangai jr before next year give him a 3 year extension early. Give him a contract before other teams try and steal him. Also before other clubs start offering ridiculous amounts because of the player market.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I think we should resign Pangai jr before next year give him a 3 year extension early. Give him a contract before other teams try and steal him. Also before other clubs start offering ridiculous amounts because of the player market.
FFS! Can someone add this to the mug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.