Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
1M for Taylor at this stage....hate how inflated the contracts are becoming.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Not sure if it's been posted anywhere yet or not but Francis Molo has also left us and headed north in the hope of gaining a contract with the Cowboys.

Not that he's overly relevant but it's worth a mention in terms of our depth.
He left a month ago.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
1M for Taylor at this stage....hate how inflated the contracts are becoming.
If the game can sustain it, then I have no issue with it. RL players deserve every cent they get.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Its also been suggested he could transition into a Gillette style left edge Back Rower.

That thought crossed my mind..

11. Bird
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

And then I remembered that Oates wants to eventually transition to the backrow.. and we've still got Su'A..

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I'm not 100% certain if Bird will be centre but if I were a betting man.... Its also been suggested he could transition into a Gillette style left edge Back Rower.

What do you think will happen with Oates and Su'A?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I think we will see a shift in our playing style next season, and we will be playing with a ball playing lock. Bird can do this, similar to somebody like Ellery Hanley. Just dont see Bennett utilising him in the centers or as an edge back rower.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Like most on here I guess, I venture over to LU from time to time to enjoy watching their howls of outrage any time we sign someone.

I saw on their rumour thread someone has mentioned Klemmer to the Broncs out of nowhere. I wonder if it is any more than him asking Dogs for an early release (as he did in June from all reports) of his contract or whether it has any legs.

Anyway, as a rumour what do we think? He is an origin player and an international, but he doesn't seem quite right for us...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Don't need him. He'd cost a packet and we don't have it.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013

11. Bird
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

And then I remembered that Oates wants to eventually transition to the backrow.. and we've still got Su'A..
Still liking Oates as a winger... But if he really must play in the forwards then I'd rather bring him on as a strike weapon off the bench. He has utility status being an origin level winger now

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013

11. Bird
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

Would be surprised to see that....

8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Blair
11 - Bird
12 - Oates
13 - Gillett

14 - TPJ
15 - Offa
16 - Sims
17 - Glenn

Works for me

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Would be surprised to see that....

8 - McGuire
9 - McCullough
10 - Blair
11 - Bird
12 - Oates
13 - Gillett

14 - TPJ
15 - Offa
16 - Sims
17 - Glenn

Works for me

Forgetting about Thaiday.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Forgetting about Thaiday.

So should we, he's cooked.

Offer him any post-career Broncos ambassador role he wants and ask him politely to hang em' up at the end of the year.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
So should we, he's cooked.

Offer him any post-career Broncos ambassador role he wants and ask him politely to hang em' up at the end of the year.

But in reality, he will probably still be playing next year and he won't be getting dropped you wouldn't think.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Who thinks Benji will stay?

We're apparently not going to give him more money, but it doesn't look like anybody else will either.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Who thinks Benji will stay?

We're apparently not going to give him more money, but it doesn't look like anybody else will either.

I think he'll stay if he can't get a significantly better deal elsewhere

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
I think he'll stay if he can't get a significantly better deal elsewhere

Does that bode well for his motivation? Might be some sour grapes, just quietly. Personally, I think he's earned a little bit more than minimum wage. He's shown he has something to offer our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Alihaider
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.