Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You do when the incumbent has turned to dog shit.
And he's still our best option ... so what does that say about our other halves.

I don't even think Milf is playing better than him.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
And he's still our best option ... so what does that say about our other halves.

I don't even think Milf is playing better than him.

So we have 4 halves that can't cut it with top 8 teams, a slow fullback and a miniature forward pack. I guess we are doing alright in the scheme of things.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
As @Unbreakable said, this is for next season:

Notably off-contract next season -

Blair (2018)
Thaiday (2018)
Pangai Jr (2018)
Oates (2018)
Sims (2018)
Su'A (2018)

Now would it be worth considering letting four of those guys go if it meant we could sign Taylor?

I mean I don't want to lose anyone either and I'm the cheer leader of the KNik fan club and think he'll do a fantastic job at 7 but it is painfully obvious that with Taylor, we have the missing piece to our premiership puzzle.

The only guy on that list (in my opinion) that is irreplaceable is TPJ. I do not want to lose Oates or Su'a and don't think we will but if it meant getting Taylor, would it be worth it?

Bear in mind, this is all simply because Wayne stuffed up by letting the kid walk for nothing and I remember saying at the time it felt like keeping Sherwin and letting JT leave. Then, our Sherwin also decided to leave too.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I love how people are finally seeing Boyd how I was seeing him. He's a good player but not one of the greats. So what happened to the no we need to pay him what ever he wants and he's all this and that and Australia.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Actually, I'm also beginning the think the biggest decision we need to make going forward is trying to get Green as coach when Wayne calls it a day. Him or Kevin Walter.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I love how people are finally seeing Boyd how I was seeing him. He's a good player but not one of the greats. So what happened to the no we need to pay him what ever he wants and he's all this and that and Australia.

To be fair, you are not and have never been the only one who thinks he isn't Billy Slater. He is not an all-time great fullback but at the same time, he is far better than average.

Most of us also realise that he isn't worth $1 million but then we also realise that regardless, his coach/dad will pay him whatever he wants so what can you do about it?

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
A Benji/Niko rotation would be preferable to Hunt atm.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
As @Unbreakable said, this is for next season:

Notably off-contract next season -

Blair (2018)
Thaiday (2018)
Pangai Jr (2018)
Oates (2018)
Sims (2018)
Su'A (2018)

Now would it be worth considering letting four of those guys go if it meant we could sign Taylor?

I mean I don't want to lose anyone either and I'm the cheer leader of the KNik fan club and think he'll do a fantastic job at 7 but it is painfully obvious that with Taylor, we have the missing piece to our premiership puzzle.

The only guy on that list (in my opinion) that is irreplaceable is TPJ. I do not want to lose Oates or Su'a and don't think we will but if it meant getting Taylor, would it be worth it?

Bear in mind, this is all simply because Wayne stuffed up by letting the kid walk for nothing and I remember saying at the time it felt like keeping Sherwin and letting JT leave. Then, our Sherwin also decided to leave too.

Even if we get Taylor we won't be premiership 'certainties'. We simply don't have the forward pack to do it. We are short at least one rep quality starting prop and our starting backrow has gone backwards not forwards (pardon the pun) over the last two years.

Cutting that much talent (a few we wouldn't miss on the field) but losing Blair, TPJ and Oates would hurt us far more, than gaining Taylor would benefit us...

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I thought I read that he was heading back to Sydney? Has something changed there?

I thought I saw something that he'd given up on pro rugby league altogether and is looking for a normal job

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
I thought I read that he was heading back to Sydney? Has something changed there?

Broncs have seemingly been in his ear and apparently organised a face to face meeting with him and Todd Greenberg on game day of SOO 3.

Apparently since then he is 're-considering' his previous plan... I imagine signing him on $350k - $400k over a few years would go a long way to helping his financial issues...

I maintain we should be chasing him hard and doing all we can to sign him, even if we have to shed some existing players in the group.

From the Courier Mail article on the topic:

Just days after baring all in the revealing interview, Lodge met with NRL CEO Todd Greenberg and COO Nick Weeks – the two most powerful figures in the game.
The meeting took place in Brisbane on the day of the State of Origin decider.
Lodge, who has been sidelined with an elbow injury, was not given any guarantees but the meeting made him think twice about his future.
The Broncos are holding out hope that Lodge decides to keep playing and the NRL clears him to return next season.

Last edited:
Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
According to 7 news Blair might be granted a release at the end of the season

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dragons and Warriors rumoured to be chasing him.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If it's freeing up funds for Taylor, I'll be okay with it, otherwise we lose a hell of a lot if Blair goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.