Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Big chance Macca misses the first month or two next season, doing your ACL is bad enough, but doing your ACL & MCL at the same time towards the end of the season is a big deal, I don't care if you're a fast healer.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Next year is looking like it's gonna be a tough year for the broncs. Hopefully the re build won't take too long.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I could have my wires crossed, but don't the Broncos have a big rap on the U/20s hooker Tyson Smoothy? I'm pretty sure he debuted as a 17 year old and he's been the first choice hooker since the second game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he trains with the NRL squad during the pre-season.

Personally I like the look of Woolf but he's a work in progress. I really like the way he brings his forwards onto the ball and manipulates the A defenders. Smoothy seemed a little one dimensional from the two games I've seen on Fox.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/08/05/kahu_commits_his_fut.af_news.html

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos have added another piece to their long-term roster.
New Zealand international Jordan Kahu has signed a new three-year agreement to remain with the Broncos.
Kahu said it was exciting news on a day the Broncos will play on the Gold Coast, where he went to school at Keebra Park High.
"It has been a long process and a tough process," he said.
"But it was something I had to take my time with and make a decision that was best for my family and my career as well.
"It is a positive thing and I am happy to be here for another few years."
Kahu will take the field with the Broncos against the Titans at 5.30pm this afternoon.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Jayden Nikorima is a player I would like to see Broncos bring back. He would definitely add some spark off the bench

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
JACK Bird’s agent, David Riolo, insists the Sharks’ grand final-winning centre is still heading to the Broncos next year.
We have heard otherwise and it’s a story we’ll be monitoring closely over the next few weeks. The Sharks can’t make Bird an offer to stay because it would be enticing a player to break a contract.
If, however, he can convince the Broncos he wants to stay closer to his family, it might change things. The Sharks could then allow James Maloney to accept a big-money offer to go elsewhere.

From Rothfield.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Assuming Rothfield isn't pulling this story out of his ass, I would only let Bird walk with financial compensation from the Sharks + Maloney.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
When was it written? He is usually tanked by lunchtime so if it's anytime since midday today it's probably nothing but drunk-talk. Sweet, beautiful drunk talk
I heard him say that on a DT podcast.

He us still butthurt that Bird choose us when it wasn't even the biggest offer

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If Bird doesnt want to be here, let him stay where he is. Its not worth the hassle. Put the money towards a good prop and half back.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Jayden Nikorima is a player I would like to see Broncos bring back. He would definitely add some spark off the bench
How many times have you seen him play this year?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I only watched JNik play once this year, in the residents game. He was hopeless.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I only watched JNik play once this year, in the residents game. He was hopeless.

He looks drained of confidence. He did seem to have plenty of ability when he was here, but i think its going to take a huge effort from him to live up to the hype he had around him. His move to the roosters has done him no favours.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If Bird doesnt want to be here, let him stay where he is. Its not worth the hassle. Put the money towards a good prop and half back.
We only have Rothfields claim that he doesn't want to be here ... hardly a credible source

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
From Rothfield.
This is real rothfield-level journalism... he asks his agent "does he want to break his contract at the broncos?"... his agent say "no way, he is going, he's keen to go to the broncos"... then rothfield gets out of that, "he's just not saying what he wants to do"... honestly australian rugby league journalism is disgraceful. If you prove them wrong in the comments section of the courier mail or telegraph they don't show your comment, their whole media is set to an agenda... over it but there is no other option

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We only have Rothfields claim that he doesn't want to be here ... hardly a credible source

It isnt, but at the same time, i think Bird and the Broncos need to draw a line in the sand with this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Ejbroncos
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.