Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
He won't have a choice. I understand the financial situation he's in but right now he's getting nothing from playing NRL. Plus, the more he earns in the NRL the more us lawyers are going to try to further sue him for

Firstly, if we don't offer him half decent money then a Sydney club will

Secondly, he is unlikely to get sued further as the judgement is already in, and all parties already have their compensation orders.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Firstly, if we don't offer him half decent money then a Sydney club will

Secondly, he is unlikely to get sued further as the judgement is already in, and all parties already have their compensation orders.

Sydney clubs want nothing to do with him. Major reason why he is at the Broncos. If he wants to prove himself he will take the minimum stay on the right path and get the rewards down the track or you can go and dig some holes in the sun for a living

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
If we want Lodge long term he is going to need to be paid ok. If you pay him well to start off with perhaps he'll feel some loyalty when he kills it in his first NRL year with us and he has heaps of offers.

He is going to kill it. I have no doubt about that. Has above average ability.

But if he is paid peanuts from the start then he'll be like - I have already paid you back I'll do what I want now - after one year.

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015
Sydney clubs want nothing to do with him. Major reason why he is at the Broncos. If he wants to prove himself he will take the minimum stay on the right path and get the rewards down the track or you can go and dig some holes in the sun for a living

Russell Packer spent a couple of years in the slammer and lots of clubs wanted him. Ability is all that matters once time has elapsed since the incident.

I'd say lots of Sydney clubs are interested. Good young props are not a dime a dozen.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
If we want Lodge long term he is going to need to be paid ok. If you pay him well to start off with perhaps he'll feel some loyalty when he kills it in his first NRL year with us and he has heaps of offers.

He is going to kill it. I have no doubt about that. Has above average ability.

But if he is paid peanuts from the start then he'll be like - I have already paid you back.

That why he gets a base deal to start with and add some incentives in the contact. No point saying here is 300-400k for next year because you have potential. We need to be strict and dictate terms. The kid is on his last chance, you take a base deal to start with, throw some incentives in and go from there. If you don't like it, there's the door and when you walk out your not coming back. If you reach your incentive goals, then you are financially rewarded and then we can talk bigger and better deals. The dude has only played 12 NRL games, he isn't a superstar by any means who can dictate deals.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
That why he gets a base deal to start with and add some incentives in the contact. No point saying here is 300-400k for next year because you have potential. We need to be strict and dictate terms. The kid is on his last chance, you take a base deal to start with, throw some incentives in and go from there. If you don't like it, there's the door and when you walk out your not coming back. If you reach your incentive goals, then you are financially rewarded and then we can talk bigger and better deals. The dude has only played 12 NRL games, he isn't a superstar by any means who can dictate deals.
Wally, is that you? :p

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

That's exactly what we should do, but i doubt that's what will happen if we really want him. a club that needs to bolster their packs want offer him base wage, they will pay him based on potential.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
That's exactly what we should do, but i doubt that's what will happen if we really want him. a club that needs to bolster their packs want offer him base wage, they will pay him based on potential.

That's us. We need to bolster our pack. Hate to tell all the Moose lovers here - he ain't going back to prop - hell even channel 9 and triple m commentators have hit upon the idea that he's too small for that role.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
@talanoa mentioned it already, but there have been murmurs of Albert Vete for a while.

Player swap with the Warriors on the cards?
Anyways, I think the Warriors forwards are just a tad bit overrated. Sure they were good in the 20s but 95% of them don't kick on in first grade because every team has props just as big as them and everyone knows how to tackle in first grade. I haven't seen much of Vete but from what I have seen, he doesn't set the world on fire. But who knows, the warriors culture at that club is toxic and he might fulfil his potential at a club that has their shit in order.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That's us. We need to bolster our pack. Hate to tell all the Moose lovers here - he ain't going back to prop - hell even channel 9 and triple m commentators have hit upon the idea that he's too small for that role.

I personally don't think he is too small for prop, as he is playing the same way he always has, with similar meters gained.

but if he is going to stay at lock, he needs to learn how to not stiffle our play on tackle four with a one out hit up ... he also needs to develop some form of offload.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
@talanoa mentioned it already, but there have been murmurs of Albert Vete for a while.

Seems a down grade to me . There must be a good reason behind it , you did say Bennett likes blair.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Seems a down grade to me . There must be a good reason behind it , you did say Bennett likes blair.
More a case of Bennett saying 'happy for you to stay, but mate if someone wants to pay you a motza so you can set yourself up for life, we won't stop you' I suspect.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
More a case of Bennett saying 'happy for you to stay, but mate if someone wants to pay you a motza so you can set yourself up for life, we won't stop you' I suspect.

Another words your on the block like Sammy but in a nice way

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Another words your on the block like Sammy but in a nice way
Maybe they should come out with him having the full support of the coach and the board instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.