Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Maybe we need to loose someone for being over the cap next year. It was metioned earlier this year we would loose blair , and maybe is all good for lodge to play.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
"Allowed" him to negotiate with other clubs.

Does Blair want to leave, or does Bennett not have plans for him going forward and is giving him the chance to find a new club?

I don't want him to leave FTR.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Ash Taylor to the Broncos confirmed.

R

Rhino1001

QCup Player
Sep 26, 2015
"Allowed" him to negotiate with other clubs.

Does Blair want to leave, or does Bennett not have plans for him going forward and is giving him the chance to find a new club?

I don't want him to leave FTR.

Or could Bennett have someone lined up and just need the cap space, but then there isn't really anyone on the market. Or if Blair leaves is it confirmed that Bird is lock and Moose goes back to prop?

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
I would only agree if we arent paying any of his money for next year if he does go

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
losing Blair would be a mistake

2ndPhase

2ndPhase

QCup Player
May 1, 2016
Blair is up there with MG as my favourite forward. Needs a serious upside if the idea is for Blair to leave.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Losing Blair to sign Lodge would be a massive mistake. Lodge can either get a base deal to start with and start proving his worth or **** off back to where he came from.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Blair has been great, and was a big reason we got to the GF in 15. Been a fan of him since the Battle of Brookvale too. He's always had things like the Macca incident and sin bin in his game, and no matter how good his input can be, things like that can and potentially have ruined seasons, so considering that, I'm not devastated if he leaves.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
You don't know the reason yet . Someone will obviously be replacing him.
Lodge on base money. Maybe spare up some money to offer Benji a little more too?

With Bird coming might after all play lock with Moose and Sims FRFs.

Bench of Lodge, TPJ, Thaiday/Fai, Utility.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Would suck to see him go but Korbin plays the same role but with better metres. Just not as good off the ball as Blair.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Lodge on base money. Maybe spare up some money to offer Benji a little more too?

And Offa of course

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

Lodge won't sign for base money.

He is in a very deep hole financially, he needs the money. He won't be accepting minimum wage.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You don't know the reason yet . Someone will obviously be replacing him.

there isn't a player available for next season that would be as valuable to us as Blair, so it would be a mistake regardless of who the replacement is (especially if it is lodge)

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Lodge won't sign for base money.

He is in a very deep hole financially, he needs the money. He won't be accepting minimum wage.
He won't have a choice. I understand the financial situation he's in but right now he's getting nothing from playing NRL. Plus, the more he earns in the NRL the more us lawyers are going to try to further sue him for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.