Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Very, very promising front rower who (from what I've seen) has the ability to get better as the game wears on. He has a decent motor and can be a weapon in his second or even third stint.

Ok , any footwork, offload ?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Ok , any footwork, offload ?

Footwork is really good for a big guy, though he tends to be more bash and barge than say a Blair. He does have the ability though to move nicely for a big guy. He has an offload, though I don't recall seeing it too often, certainly has potential to develop it though.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Footwork is really good for a big guy, though he tends to be more bash and barge than say a Blair. He does have the ability though to move nicely for a big guy. He has an offload, though I don't recall seeing it too often, certainly has potential to develop it though.

Cheers ! Hope he hangs around and becomes a solid player.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Cheers ! Hope he hangs around and becomes a solid player.

Yep well he has re-signed for two years which is great news. He will get a shot next year I am sure, he is just so promising. He could definitely take on the Ese'ese off the bench role. I foresee that him, Joffa, Haas and Fifita could be a hugely successful front-row rotation three to five years from now.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Yep well he has re-signed for two years which is great news. He will get a shot next year I am sure, he is just so promising. He could definitely take on the Ese'ese off the bench role. I foresee that him, Joffa, Haas and Fifita could be a hugely successful front-row rotation three to five years from now.

Fifita is a backrower, but I agree with rest.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I doubt we would recruit a 17 y/o kid from England to move over here to play footy in the 20s. He would be way to young to live so far away from his family.
We signed a pommy dude this year for our under 20's

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
Yous are kidding me right we have been saying for ages how we lack size compared to other teams.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Fai's size isn't an issue. 185cm 107kg puts him in the same category as Mat Scott and he's arguably been the best front row forward since Steve Price retired.

The issue with Fai, and this could really be seen as an issue with Hodges' tenure as the NYC coach, is that he really didn't kick on at that level. As a junior he was arguably the best prop forward of his age group and many thought he'd be a sure thing for the NRL at that stage. Then he made the jump to the NYC and he really didn't become anything more than a handy bench forward in the fashion of a Matagi or Masoe.

Despite there being better candidates, Bennett bumped him up to Queensland Cup and his form has been a lot better for Souths Logan than it ever was for the Broncos NYC side.

So basically he's still developing, learning all the skills he should have picked up in 20s that he wasn't able to for one reason or another. In fairness to Hodges, the Broncos front row stocks were very good from 2014-16 and sometimes it doesn't matter how good the coach or the player is, sometimes they just don't work out in that system.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Fai was fantastic in the NYC GF we made a couple of years ago, him, Joffa and Arrow were head ans shoulders above any other forward that day.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
someone get the MUG :p

Tallis_Gorden.jpg

Got him

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Apparently we also re-signed Goerge Lai.

I can't say I've ever heard of him, but the writers over at sporting news are saying we re-signed him for 2 years and that the writing was on the wall for Blair.

Is he Fai's asian brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.