Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate , don't no much about Redcliffe. Are they any good?

I was being (trying) to be funny.

A lot of Broncos' staff have come from Dolphins. Corvo, Hinchy, Bunn, Griffin and Guilfoyle.

Hoops was from Jets.

I was being (trying) to be funny.

A lot of Broncos' staff have come from Dolphins. Corvo, Hinchy, Bunn, Griffin and Guilfoyle.

Hoops was from Jets.

Ah ok ! Sorry mate had nothing.

I'm thinking we are going to lose David Fifita, it's been rumoured teams are already asking about his contract situation at the broncos. He comes off contract end of 2018 and able to negotiate this November. He is set to field offers of up to 500k a season, and he if that is true Broncos are no chance on keeping him.

I'm thinking we are going to lose David Fifita, it's been rumoured teams are already asking about his contract situation at the broncos. He comes off contract end of 2018 and able to negotiate this November. He is set to field offers of up to 500k a season, and he if that is true Broncos are no chance on keeping him.

If it's true, shouldn't the salary cap people step in? Because don't they still have a say on how much (as in minimum) a player is worth? It should apply to a maximum worth, especially for the kids coming through. I get they'd be like 'they can spend (waste) their money however they want' but it's pointless developing kids for 3-6 years for them to get signed on ridiculous deals

That's ridiculous money for an unproven (at NRL level) teenage forward!

That's ridiculous money for an unproven (at NRL level) teenage forward!
I completely agree and it's unfair, we find talent a nurture that talent, and it takes a poorly run Newcastle knights to throw there salary cap at the kid.

I completely agree and it's unfair, we find talent a nurture that talent, and it takes a poorly run Newcastle knights to throw there salary cap at the kid.

and if they do throw that sort of money at a kid they will end up right where they are now at the bottom.

Meet the most in-demand schoolboy in rugby league. His name is David Fifita.
Still only 17, the Keebra Park student is a special talent.
Built like Jason Taumalolo with footwork and a pass, Fifita is a gifted athlete.
d0a841652838efcb66f79eaa93fa39b7

David Fifita in action for the Queensland Under-16s.Source: Supplied
Fifita is currently contracted to Brisbane but free to negotiate with rival NRL clubs from November as he comes off contract in 2018.
Understandably, the Broncos are keen to extend his deal.
“I’ve had several clubs call asking about David’s contract status for next year,” Fifita’s manager Steve Deacon told Private Ryan.
Live stream the NRL Finals on FOX SPORTS. Get your free 2-week FOXTEL NOW trial and start watching in minutes. SIGN UP NOW!
“He’s a special talent so naturally he’s attracting a lot of interest.”
A clear standout from the recent schoolboys competition, Fifita was part of the Queensland under 18s Academy of Sport development camp earlier this year and a star of the junior Origin clash against NSW.
10554ebe160b14bcde54808ff14be341

David Fifita with the GIO Cup.Source: News Corp Australia
Top recruiters in the game are predicting Fifita to field offers of around $600,000 for three years once he hits the open market.
But Deacon said speaking to rivals isn’t a priority.
“He has one more year to go with the Broncos and they’re keen to extend that deal but we’re in no hurry,” Deacon said.
“His focus is putting in a big performance for the Australian Schoolboys in their remaining games.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr..._sportsmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=crm

$600k for three years.... $200k a year

This sickens me.

I'm not sure why ...

under the current $7 million salary cap, there are teams (including us) paying 17 year olds 100-150k a year based on their potential.

with the cap going up by 2 million a year, it is not unrealistic to expect that teams will be prepared to pay an extra 50k a year to one of the best forward prospects in the nation.

It is unlikely we will be able to keep him.

I'm not sure why ...

under the current $7 million salary cap, there are teams (including us) paying 17 year olds 100-150k a year based on their potential.

with the cap going up by 2 million a year, it is not unrealistic to expect that teams will be prepared to pay an extra 50k a year to one of the best forward prospects in the nation.
Because he's a completely unknown entity in the NRL and many proven current players earn less than this now. Furthermore, good players can quickly become bad players.

Also, I have a couple of other reasons, but I would rather not go into them here.

Because he's a completely unknown entity in the NRL and many proven current players earn less than this now. Furthermore, good players can quickly become bad players.

Also, I have a couple of other reasons, but I would rather not go into them here.

fair enough .. but 200k a year isn't that much really, especially given the minimum wage will be 120k a year.

and we might us well get used to it, because with the cap continuing to rise, the money clubs (including ours) will be prepared to pay the next big thing will also continue to rise,

Already payed a lot for Haas.

I believe Haas also comes off contract around the same time as Fifita. besides neither of them are on that high a salary and with the cap rising they will be able to find the money if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • broncotville
  • Rowdy124
  • Aldo
  • ell.d33
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Allo
  • TimWhatley
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Manofoneway
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.