Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club thinks Fifita is the real deal, they gotta do all they can to keep him.

Thing is we already have Su'A and Oates (who wants to be a back rower apparently) who are both great back row prospects and we don't even have a vacant back row spot.

Thing is we already have Su'A and Oates (who wants to be a back rower apparently) who are both great back row prospects and we don't even have a vacant back row spot.

aren't Fifita and Haas props though.

My personal opinion is although Oates may want to play backrow, he is far to valuable to us on the wing and should stay there

aren't Fifita and Haas props though.

My personal opinion is although Oates may want to play backrow, he is far to valuable to us on the wing and should stay there

Fifita is a back rower, Haas is prop.

I happen to agree about Oates, but he could leave if he doesn't get a shot in the back row here.

I happen to agree about Oates, but he could leave if he doesn't get a shot in the back row here.

as much as i love Oates and want him to stay, players can not dictate the position they play ... they need to player where it is best for the team, or else we are better off without them.

players who leave because they don't get to play their preferred position, often figure out the grass isn't always greener.

What's the big deal about Su'a? I haven't seen much of him outside of his FG appearances, but he hasn't been anything more than solid so far.

I really do wonder what is going with Su'A, I really rate him.

As much as a lot of us love oates i think sua and fifita are gunna be better for us in the back row .
We might lose oates prob to melbourne

True, but surely there's a way to protect both clubs that develop as well the young players getting paid ridiculous money and losing track of themselves. Or something to that effect
Was thinking about this earlier and the best I could come up with was putting a standard transfer fee into contracts when contracting a player from another team.

The transfer would represent a % of the contract you're offering and would sit in your cap each year of the contract. The transfer fee would also have to be paid to the club you are buying from.

The % on top effectively means that a team buying a player has to over pay what the existing club is paying if each club offered the same price. This means a club dedicated to bought not bred would be wearing a lot of transfer fees in their cap, which would limit on what you want to spend. It also means teams with a large base of developed long serving players, such as the broncos, don't get a huge advantage that would be gained under different systems such as giving long serving players gradual discounts off the salary cap.

Also provides some sort of compensation to clubs who have developed the player... imagine the kind of cash tigers would be getting from Moses, Teddy and Woods for the next few years.... and how much drags would be paying us for the next 6 years.

There would be ways to exploit ie signing a short term deal to get away before signing a larger longer deal, but that leaves club and player vulnerable. The player would also have to be hell bent on getting out in that situation ie Hunt left because of longevity as much as $$$. The salary cap auditors also have to register the contract first which could set a precedent or deter some of the shenanigans.

I think punishing buy first teams is a better approach over rewarding develop first teams, but I do think they should reward long serving players more... potentially by just increasing the amount you can give a long serving player through club sourced third party deals

What's the big deal about Su'a? I haven't seen much of him outside of his FG appearances, but he hasn't been anything more than solid so far.

He has a lot of potential, but i still feel he needs another year in ISC to fix up a few little things in his game especially in defence. His concentration slips from time to time imo. Dont forget though, he is only 19.

There was news on Taylor wasn't welcome back at Titans a couple weeks back so is he coming back to Broncos or?

Haha where u see that ?

Some news article it was saying that he got told he can look someplace else and his manager agreed to that as well and then when he came back to see if his offer was available still at the titans to resign he got told no.

fifita is taking a tour of the sharks facilities i believe. money is part the issue with fifita but the big one is a pathway sooner rather than later.

lodge has been shopped to sydney clubs but story has it that all clubs down south have said a big no due to the fact he is still hanging out with so called undesirables from back home.

fifita is taking a tour of the sharks facilities i believe. money is part the issue with fifita but the big one is a pathway sooner rather than later.

lodge has been shopped to sydney clubs but story has it that all clubs down south have said a big no due to the fact he is still hanging out with so called undesirables from back home.

So Fifita sees more of a pathway at the Sharks than the Broncs? Interesting.

Losing Tino and Fifita would be horrible for the club going forward. The two best schoolboy forwards in Australia, we had them both and then allowed them to get away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.