Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Fifita sees more of a pathway at the Sharks than the Broncs? Interesting.
Half of the sharks forward pack is over 30 whilst we're stacked with young 2nd rowers... so he might have a point.

He's also got his dickhead cousin there... although he'll just show him the ways of making a mint whilst hardly doing anything

I haven't seen too much of him but if he's as good as touted, 200k a year is a worthwhile investment.

Not breaking the bank to keep him here on that kind of wage. Daresay after 2 or 3 years we'll know if he's to be a cornerstone for us.

Really? Because people here are saying $200k for Lodge is too much (not based on history, but rather becuase he is only being paid on 'potential') and we have seen him play NRL and Qld cup this year and know what he can bring to our side...

Some people and I think some within the club may have to start realising that the 'old measure' of 'we don't pay props big money' will simply see any half decent prop walk out on us...

An ace up our sleeve might be the opportunity to keep up the combination with Tanah Boyd in first grade.

This isn't impossible, many doubt nikorima and Taylor isn't looking like he's coming back. if Fifita does have the talent there is no reason he can't take Glenn's spot on the edge. We could even see this as early as 2019 If they keep progressing well

I really hope we keep lodge he is the forward we need especially with Blair leaving. Yes bad past friends with Andrew Fifita says enough but if he keeps it together it's a win for the Broncos

Everyone loves a good redemption story. Especially CH9. Could be our turn for a fairy tale in the finals again. Get Tracy Grimshaw or whatever, offer her some botox voucher, it's OK Tracy keep collecting those bridge tolls you goblin, we'll keep your secret, have some Coldplay music in the background and the premiership is ours.

fifita is taking a tour of the sharks facilities i believe. money is part the issue with fifita but the big one is a pathway sooner rather than later.

lodge has been shopped to sydney clubs but story has it that all clubs down south have said a big no due to the fact he is still hanging out with so called undesirables from back home.

There must be some sort of plan if we are loosing our forward stocks. Surely fifita is part of it and hass , we need to bring these guys through.

fifita is taking a tour of the sharks facilities i believe. money is part the issue with fifita but the big one is a pathway sooner rather than later.

lodge has been shopped to sydney clubs but story has it that all clubs down south have said a big no due to the fact he is still hanging out with so called undesirables from back home.
He sounds like the perfect project for Wayne.

Fifita would be a huge loss. I think he is as good as gone though.

Fifita would be a huge loss. I think he is as good as gone though.

Really! Is that inside info , am sick of loosing home grown talent . The storm seem to get there young guns to stay and bring in others .

What's the big deal about Su'a? I haven't seen much of him outside of his FG appearances, but he hasn't been anything more than solid so far.
I've been wondering this myself. Certainly has been highly touted but he hasn't shown much in first grade as yet. Limited opportunities thus far, but most prospects show their worth and grasp the moment when given the chance.
200k for a kid who is 18. By the time he makes first grade at the club in the forwards he will be atleast 20 or 21, so that's effectively the final year of his contract. Therefor, really your 200k a year investments is more like $600k for one year because that's pretty much what you are going to get out of him before he is off contract. These deals are very dangerous and often fail for the clubs in most cases. 3 years is a long way away to be handing out big money deals for kids who haven't even looked at first grade yet.
Minimum wage is rising, 200k is not a huge outlay, all clubs have to pay a premium to retain prospects and there's been much larger sums fronted across the competition for relatively unproven commodities.

If we can't front up at least a reasonable offer to retain him I'd be disappointed. Quite possible Sharks pay overs though, I would be reluctant to sabotage our cap to compete in those circumstances.

Really! Is that inside info , am sick of loosing home grown talent . The storm seem to get there young guns to stay and bring in others .
He's from NSW isn't he?? Hardly home grown if so.

No inside info on Fifita directly, but i have heard a couple of things from people i know. I'm just a little concerned he is touring other clubs facilities already. I totally believe what Talanoa is saying, and if he is putting money as a main priority already on top of seeing a better pathway at another club then i think his head is already turned.

Bennett has never rushed player development, and he doesnt get held to ransom either by players if they dont want to be here, he values players who have a desire to be a Bronco. I cant see him changing now. Maybe its something he should have a long look at though, make some tough decisions on a few senior players and blood some of these youngsters. Its a massive worry though. We have the nucleus of a very, very good pack in 3 or 4 years if we can hold on to them, but i think it will be difficult.

If we lose both Fifita and Tino just because we payed massive overs for Haas than we will have made a massive mistake.

If we lose both Fifita and Tino just because we payed massive overs for Haas than we will have made a massive mistake.

Haas is only on around 100k a season ... hardly massive overs and certainly nowhere near enough to cost us 1 player let alone 2

Haas is only on around 100k a season ... hardly massive overs and certainly nowhere near enough to cost us 1 player let alone 2

From memory I think it was more than that.

Another Fifita on the horizon

He’s still at school, but Keebra Park captain and second rower David Fifita has become one of the hottest properties in rugby league.
Fifita - a cousin of twins Andrew and namesake David Fifita - recently picked up the Peter Sterling Medal for best player in schoolboy football.
The massive back-rower is contracted to the Broncos for next season and is expected to spend the pre-season training with the NRL squad.

But clubs are already lining up to have a crack at Fifita for 2019 - and the Broncos are trying to prevent any poaching.
“We have just started negotiations - the Broncos want to upgrade and extend David… we are working through it,” Fifita’s manager Steve Deacon said.
Fifita is the second straight Keebra player to win the Sterling Medal, following in the footsteps of boom Cowboy Payne Haas.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/12/09/02/maguire-favourite-gold-coast-titans-coaching-job

I know we get attacked constantly for having no cap, but how can the Sharks afford to chuck 200k at other clubs juniors roosters style? They just paid big dollars for Dugan, and the rest of their team isn't exactly budget friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • Dexter
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.