Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Had a meeting today with a company we deal with, based in France, and i got told something that made me shudder from one of their reps who follows Catalan Dragons. He informs me that apparently, we have had talks with Greg Bird for next season. I did ask if he meant Jack, and he said no, its Greg Bird.

I'm still thinking its something he got mixed up with seeing as we are signing Jack, but he was very insistent it was Greg. I dont usually get much info like that, and surely we wouldnt look at him, but it seem so random that it also wouldnt surprise me. Just seems an odd bloke to link us with.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Actually, given the Roosters have lost Watson, why are they so keen to offload JNik? I'm not complaining because I want him back but just wondering why.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Had a meeting today with a company we deal with, based in France, and i got told something that made me shudder from one of their reps who follows Catalan Dragons. He informs me that apparently, we have had talks with Greg Bird for next season. I did ask if he meant Jack, and he said no, its Greg Bird.

I'm still thinking its something he got mixed up with seeing as we are signing Jack, but he was very insistent it was Greg. I dont usually get much info like that, and surely we wouldnt look at him, but it seem so random that it also wouldnt surprise me. Just seems an odd bloke to link us with.
I remember when Jack Bird signing with us was first being spoken about some Super League reporters were talking about how Greg Bird was going to sign with us and some Catalans fans on Twitter were saying it was happening too. I think it was a mistake made somewhere that's picked up speed over there.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
patrick mago looks like shifting from the cows down to red hill. he shouldnt break the bank

What do you think of him mate? Looked pretty good in his debut I thought.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I remember when Jack Bird signing with us was first being spoken about some Super League reporters were talking about how Greg Bird was going to sign with us and some Catalans fans on Twitter were saying it was happening too. I think it was a mistake made somewhere that's picked up speed over there.

Thats what my thinking is, but this bloke i was chatting with said its only something he heard about mid last week as apparently Bird announced he was leaving. I personally havent seen anything that he is, but i havent really looked either.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Actually, given the Roosters have lost Watson, why are they so keen to offload JNik? I'm not complaining because I want him back but just wondering why.

he is costing them way too much and rumour has it that the rockstar attitude has surfaced.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
he is a depth player who may push for a bench spot

Ok, definitely needed some more depth in the forwards.

Are we looking to sign any development players? Also are we going to sign a hooker and maybe an outside back?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Thats what my thinking is, but this bloke i was chatting with said its only something he heard about mid last week as apparently Bird announced he was leaving. I personally havent seen anything that he is, but i havent really looked either.

I'm in Sydney and have been hearing from 2 clubs here that Bird is coming back to the NRL. Manager has been in talks with teams. So there is definitely some truth to the story. I guess the real question is how serious the broncos were when they spoke to him.

Personally, Bird on a super cheap contract would be a great buy if you ignore all opinions of the man himself. He would allow Moose to move back to prop to cover the loss of Blair. He would bring heaps of aggression up front that we have been missing, and is a great ball player. I would be conflicted about this signing. I think every team needs a grub, and ours was Blair.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I hope we never see him in the nrl let alone the Broncos ever again. He was an absolute grub who had no respect for his team or the game.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I hope we never see him in the nrl let alone the Broncos ever again. He was an absolute grub who had no respect for his team or the game.
Easy now. You initially said the same about Lodge but now you are his biggest fan. Anything that helps this team win a premiership, I am all for it. If it takes 17 grubs, then bring it on.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I was all for Lodge playing with us from the start thanks.
As for Bird he's 1 of the all time most suspended players in the history of our sport.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Bird and Lodge can go out together making death threats and glassing chicks then. I think one complete **** of a human is enough for this club. If Bird wants back in the NRL then go to Sydney where he isn't totally reviled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • azza.79
  • Volvo Driver
  • Alec
  • Financeguy
  • The Don
  • Manofoneway
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bucking Beads
  • OzeMike
  • bb_gun
  • eggstar10
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • cento
  • Brocko
  • teampjta
  • johnyE
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.