Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
Irrespective of what I think of Greg Bird as a person, I just don't rate him as a first grade option anymore. He's too small to be that slow and too big to be that poor a defender.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Bird at his peak was playing physical in defence and skillful in attack with a little bit of footwork and a very good offload... and played it at a high level for the full 80

I think when he was with the titans in his last year of NRL he was still one of their best and still had the same characteristics but wasn't playing the 80 every game.

I think after a year in a sub par league it just would've hampered him too much and I think he is just too much of a risk for us and we don't really have a role for him. His style of play doesn't really convert to a different position like how O'Donnell was able to play prop for easts.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Gbird is a garbage player. Have never rated him, regardless of the 'man' himself. Error-prone from a tendency to fall into a hero-play mentality, picked up from Gallen while at the Sharks.

Plus I could never watch someone capable of this wearing our jersey:

images

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Johnny tuivasa-sheck is going off contract do you reckon he would be a good fit here? He has some good speed and height

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Bird was a pretty good player at his best. He put in every week.
I think our hatred of him has clouded our judgement as Queenslanders. He won 4 or 5 origin man of the match awards for good reason. He carried the titans pack in the last few years. You don't hate shit players, only good ones (although his actions are unexcusable-more because their were multiple times, indicating he never learned). I wouldn't want him at the broncos simply because the salary he'd take up isn't worth it when I believe all the benefits of having him (do anything to win, aggressive, grows in big moments and big games)would already be brought in by the younger, better track record, more upside and talented bird we have recently bought anyway... so I think our money would be better spent elsewhere

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Isn't everyone saying we have too many quality backrowers as it is?

We are short on props and potentially depth hooking options. I would think those would be a priority for any future enhancements to our pack...

One Bird per team is more than enough, IMHO.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Is Matt Parcell still enjoying his holidays in Spain or will he want to come home soon and holiday in Bali? @1910

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
JTS would be a good pick up cheap but I can't see him getting a starting spot though.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Matui love Henry back to the warriors. Nov 1st might be a good day !

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
There might be some signing news . And why not !

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Is Matt Parcell still enjoying his holidays in Spain or will he want to come home soon and holiday in Bali? @1910

He loves it. Will be home soon though for off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrMoore
  • winslow_wong
  • lakers133334
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Scorchie
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • RodF
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.