Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we need Gillett on the edge, and we need McGuire back at Prop (IMO obviously).

Further to this Bird gives us options across the park. More than all of this though Bird is a winner and a competitor, which is the main thing this squad of very talented players are missing.

We need a controlling half with a kicking game more imo. Nothing against bird .

So because Hunt shit the bed and never recovered mentally we should never try for that again.

I honestly can't believe how much I am agreeing with Unbreakable and Porthoz at the moment (yes, I'm scared too) but Taylor is what we need. We don't have a kicking game which has cost us so much, arguably a grand final. Taylor has that, personally I think he has more than that but honestly if all he brings is that amazing kicking game I couldn't give a ****. He is the missing puzzle piece and would allow Milf to just be Milf.

Seems we cant have bird and Taylor.

We'd have to lose one of Oates, Glenn, kahu at least. Plus a few proven players such as mead, sims, (wouldn't mind these 2 going admittedly), opacic, ofa or TPJ (please not TPJ). And on top of that 1 or 2 of these highly rated juniors MINIMUM.

A squad wins a premiership. Not just because of injuries but because of standards being raised and pressure from players below to ensure players perform. Not just a kicking game. That's what I want to make sure is weighed up with Taylor

I don't pretend I know the true value of players contracts but it's pretty obvious we would take a hit in our depth and quality somewhere else to get Taylor. The thing with tpa's is players and the nrl want most of it in their contract because if a company/player sponsor goes bust they won't see the money + they need to fulfil extra needs outside of footy to please the sponsor.
I honestly don't think it is that obvious at all.
You may be forgetting we're talking about 2019, with an increased cap and also when Thaiday retires, who is taking a fair chunk of said cap. At that point, we can weigh up who else we can do without, based not only on their performance, but also on the performances of the up and comers who will replace them.

We can't pay the amount being bandied about to Boyd, and we may lose Glenn, Mead and Sims on top of it, but I highly doubt we'd lose any more than that, and I truly believe we have those losses covered with the youth we have.

I am not saying we should bring Ash at all costs, but taking into account the skills he brings, which we do desperately need, I would have no problem at all with the above... zip, absolutely zero!

Because with Taylor controlling the game we'll have Bird as a roaming lock, Milf allowed to play his natural game, Knick either at FB (if Darius eventually does move to centre) or off the bench against tired forwards, Roberts, Gillet, and possibly Fifita (assuming he kicks on like we hope). How do you not score points with that sort of fire power?

Bird is also super competitive which is something our team needs more of. He's won a prem and played Origin (the game changed when he came on for Pearce in G1) at age 22.

How do they all fit under the cap ??

We haven't progressed in the last 3 years though. We have in my opinion regressed progressively.

I don't understand how based on that ranking (which wouldn't be too far from mine btw), highlighting the strengths we don't have, you don't think it would help us making the jump to become a real top team in the mold of the Storm.

Regress progressively?

We'd have to lose one of Oates, Glenn, kahu at least. Plus a few proven players such as mead, sims, (wouldn't mind these 2 going admittedly), opacic, ofa or TPJ (please not TPJ). And on top of that 1 or 2 of these highly rated juniors MINIMUM.

A squad wins a premiership. Not just because of injuries but because of standards being raised and pressure from players below to ensure players perform. Not just a kicking game. That's what I want to make sure is weighed up with Taylor

I don't pretend I know the true value of players contracts but it's pretty obvious we would take a hit in our depth and quality somewhere else to get Taylor. The thing with tpa's is players and the nrl want most of it in their contract because if a company/player sponsor goes bust they won't see the money + they need to fulfil extra needs outside of footy to please the sponsor.

You wouldn't have to lose young players unless they're in your top 30 and under the cap. You're talking 2019 cap too. Thaiday will be gone.

You can pretty much assume four players gone nearly every year. You lose those four with natural turnover just with guys moving on or retiring you don't always have to do anything.

I honestly don't think it is that obvious at all.
You may be forgetting we're talking about 2019, with an increased cap and also when Thaiday retires, who is taking a fair chunk of said cap. At that point, we can weigh up who else we can do without, based not only on their performance, but also on the performances of the up and comers who will replace them.

We can't pay the amount being bandied about to Boyd, and we may lose Glenn, Mead and Sims on top of it, but I highly doubt we'd lose any more than that, and I truly believe we have those losses covered with the youth we have.

I am not saying we should bring Ash at all costs, but taking into account the skills he brings, which we do desperately need, I would have no problem at all with the above... zip, absolutely zero!
Of course this completely speculative in regards to figures, but let's for arguments sake speculate the figures.....

Remembering we need to replace the player leaving in our squad with at least an average of $100,000 players so these figures factor that in....

Thaiday would save us 300,000
Mead 50,000
Glenn 300,000
Sims 100,000
Kahu 300,000

This is of course with them getting replaced with near minimum wage players. Highly rated juniors or proven nrl players get a lot more then this (haas was speculated to be on 200,000 with no nrl experience). Then we have to factor in upgrades to Oates, Sua and others off contract this year, and what if those players we want to be released (not just not re-signed when they are off contract) aren't wanted by other clubs or those clubs want us to pay a portion of their contract?

And "the salary cap is going up" doesn't really mean anything because every teams cap is going up therefore wage demands will go up for every player...

If we did only lose those players I am all for it, but we will lose a few we don't want too if we get into a bidding war for him. I'm not saying we shouldn't get him or that it will make us worse, I'm saying we will take a hit to get him that a lot of people will not like. It's a gamble...

I hope we sign Ash and the Titans decide to release him early. To have him next year would be fantastic

Isn't Glenn on a low wage, like 200-300k odd? He was really good this year; he should have been in the Kiwi side 100%, but I'm not complaining if it means he stays under the radar. Sure, Fifita might take his starting spot eventually, but he's a fantastic player to have around. If we're hypothetically moving on blokes for Taylor they shouldn't be loyal servants like Glenn and Joffa.

We just lost Hunt who would have been on a bit, so I fail to see how we're bursting at the seams cap wise, especially when clubs like the Cows, rorters, and Melbourne sign whoever they want with HUGE players already on their rosters.

EDIT: take the cows for example. BRB lose JT mid season, sign TMM who would have been fielding offers left right and centre despite what Cows fans believe. Lose no one, still sign McClean.

You wouldn't have to lose young players unless they're in your top 30 and under the cap. You're talking 2019 cap too. Thaiday will be gone.

You can pretty much assume four players gone nearly every year. You lose those four with natural turnover just with guys moving on or retiring you don't always have to do anything.
That's correct to a degree. But the young players I'm thinking of with a lot of talent (Fifita, haas, carrigan, flegler, t Boyd, paix) are either already in the top squad or will be by 2019 (or else they would likely leave anyway for more opportunity).
And yes you lose players but those players get replaced by other players, who get paid out of the cap also. Additionally, we have: Thaiday, Oates, Pangai X 2, mead, isaako, Sua and sims off contract next year. Not re-signing all of those put together would only just cover the speculated deal we want for Taylor when you factor in the need for replacements. And I don't know about you but I don't want to lose TPJ, Oates and Sua.....

That's correct to a degree. But the young players I'm thinking of with a lot of talent (Fifita, haas, carrigan, flegler, t Boyd, paix) are either already in the top squad or will be by 2019 (or else they would likely leave anyway for more opportunity).
And yes you lose players but those players get replaced by other players, who get paid out of the cap also. Additionally, we have: Thaiday, Oates, Pangai X 2, mead, isaako, Sua and sims off contract next year. Not re-signing all of those put together would only just cover the speculated deal we want for Taylor when you factor in the need for replacements. And I don't know about you but I don't want to lose TPJ, Oates and Sua.....

None of those guys were in the top 25 this year. Boyd plays for Souths and Paix plays in Toowoomba, Carrigan, Flegler and Haas were under the 20's cap.

None of those guys were in the top 25 this year. Boyd plays for Souths and Paix plays in Toowoomba, Carrigan, Flegler and Haas were under the 20's cap.
"Your talking 2019 cap"............. when Taylor will be signed...... you aren't doing it again are you? Read my comments before trying to prove me wrong...

"Your talking 2019 cap"............. when Taylor will be signed...... you aren't doing it again are you? Read my comments before trying to prove me wrong...

No they're not. I pointed out why that's not correct. The 2019 may well be.

Are any of the 20s players and guys like Fifita and Paix in the top squad next year?

"OR WILL BE BY 2019"...... how many times have you tried to prove me wrong in the past few months with my OWN comments? I like a debate, but I like it when people argue your points with fact. You seem to try to point out things I've said that I haven't everytime rather then bringing valid points to the argument. It's getting embarrassing tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • mitch222
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • TimWhatley
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Manlyman
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • rj9
  • NSW stables
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.