Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause its unlikely Boyd is going anywhere for the next 3 years and it's also unlikely a player will wait around until he's 25 in the hope of securing the FB spot when a boom youngster could come through in that time and snatch it. If he's happy to play wing though, there's a spot open.

Boyd won’t be 100% fit for 3 years he will miss games and then Issako will see time at FB if he stays.

If Boyd gets injured long term we will probably see Bird in at fullback over Issako or Kahu.

You don't know that

It's more likely than Isaako at the back.

Why put a rookie in a crucial spine position when you have an experienced player in Bird to replace him? And another player with a reasonable amount of experience (Opacic) to replace Bird at centre?

Not if he bulks up for lock. So much more fitness required for fullback. If he’s staying at centre then yes, he should be right to revert to fullback if needed.

Bird has said at the moment he will be playing in the centres. Eventually, he wants to move in closer to the ball but for the time being, he will be centre. He doesn't want to take McGuire's spot.

I keep forgetting Bird is even an the club.

I would like to keep forgetting he is, such a strange signing, not what the team needed at all. Hope he proves me wrong.

Bird has said at the moment he will be playing in the centres. Eventually, he wants to move in closer to the ball but for the time being, he will be centre. He doesn't want to take McGuire's spot.
I don't think he could take McGuire's spot even if he wanted to

You don't know that

No, I dont, but Bird has proven himself to be a better fullback than either of those and we got him here to get his hands on the ball and be more involved than he was in the centers. Its logical he will drop in at fullback, at least short term anyway

Reckon Kahu would take fb spot. Pearson or Isaako to the wing unless they put opacic there.

So I take it Milford will remain on the left and Roberts on the right? I guess having a good defender like Bird or Opa next to Milford might be more preferable.

So I take it Milford will remain on the left and Roberts on the right? I guess having a good defender like Bird or Opa next to Milford might be more preferable.
Milf was only on for a short period but it would seem he'll have a license to somewhat roam both sides of the field.

But in terms of structure it would seem he'll be left and Jimmy right based on trials.

Milf was only on for a short period but it would seem he'll have a license to somewhat roam both sides of the field.

But in terms of structure it would seem he'll be left and Jimmy right based on trials.

I hope he doesn't overplay his hand like last season. I saw some really promising signs from Kodi in the trials, and he's only been a regular half for less than a season...I can see him being a more structured player than Milford in the near future.

I hope he doesn't overplay his hand like last season. I saw some really promising signs from Kodi in the trials, and he's only been a regular half for less than a season...I can see him being a more structured player than Milford in the near future.
Yep to me kodi looked very comfortable on ball when he was out there alone, but looked a little lost when Milf came on.

The good thing was Milf took over the game when he hit the field, at least the 2 try assists and a forced drop out in his first 35mins of competitive footy is pretty good going. But it will take a little bit of time for them to gel even though they played so well together last year it's almost a reset based on official changes to their roles, tactics, etc. Over the preseason

The Lurker saying that Reagan Campbell-Gillard is on the outer at the Panthers.

Broncos need to make a play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Stix
  • phoenix
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Tim K
  • Financeguy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.