Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely isnt right at the moment but he’s a very good fullback, especially when it comes to defence and team structure.

On another note, almost every big name in league rates him highly.
Very respected coaches, players, ex players, and media personalities. Not to mention Wayne Bennett, the best coach in the game’s history. This tells me that he does things that most fans don’t have the perception or inside information to notice. I definitely must be missing something.

Do they mean it though? This is what always has me scratching my head when it comes to people in the media.....do they actually think this player is great or do they just automatically spout certain names? Due to past glories or being the current "flavour of the month"

Remember when Milford kicked and chased himself to score against the Storm and Slater didn't even try to get back there?

Yeah, it happens..

Of course it does and you know very well this isn't the point. Slater was absolutely no chance to get there because he was defending in the line but if a player is about to dive over in the corner, you can guarantee Slater is there more times than not, even having no idea how he got there if at all possible. Boyd, well if you can honestly say that he would do the same these days with full conviction, good on you.

You can also guarantee that Slater would never be lying on the ground watching a try be scored which is exactly what Boyd did. You can also guarantee that if someone ran in and hit Billy late, he wouldn't just simply pull his socks up and walk away...and Billy isn't even captain.

Boyd was a really good fullback up until 2016, he has been average to these days very below average since.

Yeah, I really think Boyd is past it now. His movement seems like it mostly recovered, but he's still really stinking it up. He might have some good games again, but I can't help but feel he's almost finished as a player. I can't see him getting back to his 2016 form again.

Yeah, I really think Boyd is past it now. His movement seems like it mostly recovered, but he's still really stinking it up. He might have some good games again, but I can't help but feel he's almost finished as a player. I can't see him getting back to his 2016 form again.
Yeah I agree, it wouldn't bother me as much if I knew this was going to be his last year

Remember when Milford kicked and chased himself to score against the Storm and Slater didn't even try to get back there?

Yeah, it happens..

Yeah, but there's a lot to be said for intent. You might be absolutely no chance of getting there but at least look like you give a ****. Another example is the try where the ball hit the post, tough bounce to judge and he went to the wrong side of it.....but he doesn't even take a swipe at the ball. Just looks around the post, watching the other player score like some creepy uncle. At least put your arm out.

Yeah, but there's a lot to be said for intent. You might be absolutely no chance of getting there but at least look like you give a ****. Another example is the try where the ball hit the post, tough bounce to judge and he went to the wrong side of it.....but he doesn't even take a swipe at the ball. Just looks around the post, watching the other player score like some creepy uncle. At least put your arm out.

...he likes to watch...

tenor.gif

Yep, would desperately love for this to not be the case but he definitely does seem to be lacking in a lot of areas now. I really hope he proves me wrong and well, I guess he has four years to do so. :awwwman:

Of course it does and you know very well this isn't the point. Slater was absolutely no chance to get there because he was defending in the line but if a player is about to dive over in the corner, you can guarantee Slater is there more times than not, even having no idea how he got there if at all possible. Boyd, well if you can honestly say that he would do the same these days with full conviction, good on you.

You can also guarantee that Slater would never be lying on the ground watching a try be scored which is exactly what Boyd did. You can also guarantee that if someone ran in and hit Billy late, he wouldn't just simply pull his socks up and walk away...and Billy isn't even captain.

Boyd was a really good fullback up until 2016, he has been average to these days very below average since.

No, Slater wouldn't lay on the ground, he would just stand there and watch it instead.

It doesn't matter if he wasn't any chance of stopping it. The important thing was he try, right? But hang on a minute, why wasn't he there in the first place?

Remember when Isaako scored in the corner and Slater was just jogging across? Didn't even try to get across despite Isaako needing to stop and then go again.

Remember when Glenn just strolled over and Slater didn't even try? He just stuck the arm out, didn't even try to get his body in front of him.

Yeah, it happens.

Fullbacks will make an effort when they think they are a chance of stopping it.

You want some interesting viewing? Watch the Storm games and see how many times Slater just doesn't try. You'll be surprised.

Perhaps the reason why Slater is able to be there more is because he isn't forced to defend in the line as much as Boyd.

Why does it matter that Boyd doesn't get all aggro when someone hits him late? Do you know what that accomplishes? Absolutely jack shit.

But honestly, I don't see why people are so worked up over this. This isn't why we are losing and isn't even close to being in the top 5 of our problems.

Mate if you could sum up Boyd's career (at least the second half of it) with one image it would be him watching a try get scored (GF prime example).

Mate if you could sum up Boyd's career (at least the second half of it) with one image it would be him watching a try get scored (GF prime example).
Spot on. He has always been guilty of lack of desperation. He has just taken it to the next level... down.

Why is boyds form being discussed in the player movements and rumours thread? The negativity is spreading to even the optimistic areas of broncoshq....

I’d love for him to just sit in the centres but I don’t see it happening with Allen signing elsewhere.

I’d love for him to just sit in the centres but I don’t see it happening with Allen signing elsewhere.

I think Allen had slipped down the fullback pecking order a bit.

I think Issako is next in line now.

Why is boyds form being discussed in the player movements and rumours thread? The negativity is spreading to even the optimistic areas of broncoshq....
Discussing Boyds form, signing or relationship with the coach has been allowed in every single thread since he signed with us. No matter how off topic it is

Discussing Boyds form, signing or relationship with the coach has been allowed in every single thread since he signed with us. No matter how off topic it is
He's the captain of the club, kind of a big talking point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • marw
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Brotherdu
  • Spike
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.