Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
I’m not concerned if Taylor reaches his potential or not. I don’t want him at the Broncs. Watching him wave his arms around at his team and without leading by example. I can’t see how he will fit in with Milf. Milf is slowly growing his influence as a leader on the field and I can’t see him sitting back and letting a smug Taylor take the lead. I want a 7 who can ‘serve’ the team. Maybe I’m being harsh on Taylor but he rubs me up the wrong way.
I don't think you are being harsh at all, he comes across as a brat. In a lot of games this year he has been the one costing the team yet berates the other players like it is their fault that he fucked up the kick or the pass. His whinging to the ref constantly like he is some kind of hero also fucks me off. Lose some weight and have a dig you flog.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I don't think you are being harsh at all, he comes across as a brat. In a lot of games this year he has been the one costing the team yet berates the other players like it is their fault that he fucked up the kick or the pass. His whinging to the ref constantly like he is some kind of hero also fucks me off. Lose some weight and have a dig you flog.
He comes across exactly like a young footy player who was given a giant pay cheque before he should have been. Interested to see how his career goes, but I just don't get the feeling that we are watching a star of the game, and I don't think he will never reach the next level he needs to for him to be remembered when he's gone.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
he would still be better than the current halfback we have ...
Bit hard on Boyd. He came out publicly and said he wasn't good enough, and he would work on that. To suggest he hasn't, and hasn't been a far better player for the past few weeks, isn't very fair for mine.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Bit hard on Boyd. He came out publicly and said he wasn't good enough, and he would work on that. To suggest he hasn't, and hasn't been a far better player for the past few weeks, isn't very fair for mine.
wasn't talking about Boyd ... was talking about Nikorima

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Why are people so caught up on Oates? He's a winger, who plays like a winger but he's a bit stronger. I'm sure most just remember those crazy tries he gets at times, but he's not unique in that ability.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Why are people so caught up on Oates? He's a winger, who plays like a winger but he's a bit stronger. I'm sure most just remember those crazy tries he gets at times, but he's not unique in that ability.
I don't agree. Sure, there are other wingers who can score crazy contortionist tries, some wingers who are blinding fast, and some wingers who are bigger and can get sets off to a good start, but there are none who combine those aspects as well as Oates. He may not be a pure speed machine, especially off the mark, but he is definitely fast, and is arguably the best at getting sets started, and at scoring crazy tries.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I don't agree. Sure, there are other wingers who can score crazy contortionist tries, some wingers who are blinding fast, and some wingers who are bigger and can get sets off to a good start, but there are none who combine those aspects as well as Oates. He may not be a pure speed machine, especially off the mark, but he is definitely fast, and is arguably the best at getting sets started, and at scoring crazy tries.
I think he can be the best. Completely depends on how he's going. I still remember the start of this year when he was pretty useless and ineffective for us. But get a crazy try, and all is forgiven by most apparently. Add to the fact that he's pulling a Hoffman and trying to pick where he plays, and continues to bang on about it... I'm starting to think he's not the right fit.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
I think he can be the best. Completely depends on how he's going. I still remember the start of this year when he was pretty useless and ineffective for us. But get a crazy try, and all is forgiven by most apparently. Add to the fact that he's pulling a Hoffman and trying to pick where he plays, and continues to bang on about it... I'm starting to think he's not the right fit.
Well getting tries is all we really want to see from our wingers... Sure the metres are handy and we need them solid in defence, but if they are scoring tries that is the main thing for us, the rest is fluff.

Wayne has already said multiple times he ain’t playing in the backrow here, at least as a starter and shut this talk down. It’s got to the point where he is laughing about it publicly now.

I’m not concerned about it. It’s journos pushing him. Do you still want to play backrow Corey? Sure says Corey. Tomorrow’s headline: Oates demands backrow spot from Wayne...

upthebroncs

NRL Player
FFS ... Oates doesn't want money ... he wants to play in the back row ... and that will not happen here for a long time, if ever
Lol Bird wants the money and a backrow position.. Further blocking Oates. Oates arguably better suited to the backrow than Bird.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Lol Bird wants the money and a backrow position.. Further blocking Oates
Bennett is the one blocking Oates ... Bennett will NEVER move Oates to the backrow ...

and if Money was Bird's main consideration he would have taken the Knights offer which was reportedly about 350k a season more than ours ...

and Bird, like every other player that wears our jersey, will play where the team needs them to...

Last edited:

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Bennett is the one blocking Oates ... Bennett will NEVER move Oates to the backrow ...

and if Money was Bird's main consideration he would have taken the Knights offer which was reportedly about 350k a season more than ours ...

and Bird, like every other player that wears our jersey, will play where the team needs them to...
Yeah, we need Bird to play for another club.

upthebroncs

NRL Player
no we don't ... why should we pay him to carve us up ... we already do that with Nikorima
He most likely won't "carve us up" and if he does then good on him. It's more likely for oates, staggs or isaako to carve up his new side. Hopefully a sydney club would be stupid enough to buy out at least around 500k of his contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter