Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely an extension for David Fafita is on the cards!
FFS, he is already signed until the end if 2020 ... let's wait to see how he goes in the top grade before we offer him a lifetime contract...

FFS, he is already signed until the end if 2020 ... let's wait to see how he goes in the top grade before we offer him a lifetime contract...
Geez mate. Didn't get enough coffee yesterday?

Foordy, it was kind of obvious it was a comical post.

John Sutton could earn a new deal at Souths. It sounds like Siebold wants to keep him at the club.

That would help our chances of keeping Su'A at the club.

If they keep Sutton, he would very likely keep that left edge spot. With the rise of Cameron Murray and the fact that they still have Sam Burgess, the likelihood of Su'A getting a starting spot is no better there than what it is here, and that's what he really wants by the sounds of it.

John Sutton could earn a new deal at Souths. It sounds like Siebold wants to keep him at the club.

If they keep Sutton, he would very likely keep that left edge spot. With the rise of Cameron Murray and the fact that they still have Sam Burgess, the likelihood of Su'A getting a starting spot is no better there than what it is here, and that's what he really wants by the sounds of it.
Sutton is playing Sage like role. Seems to have so much time.

But they lose Crichton, and i think they would just put him straight in there.

But they lose Crichton, and i think they would just put him straight in there.

And they still have Cameron Murray who is very highly rated there and will also be in contention for the starting spot.

His chances are no better there than what they are here.

Next year he will be competing with Glenn for a starting spot.

And they still have Cameron Murray who will also be in contention for the starting spot.

His chances are no better there than what they are here.

They lose Crichton, Sutton isnt getting any younger, and i get the impression they see Murray more as a lock. I think as it stands now he would have a slightly better chance of starting at Souths, at least in the next 12 months. Of course, if Gillett doesnt come back at his best or Glenns form drops he could well be our first choice. Its also going to come down to money. If he gets a bigger offer to be in a similar position at Souths, i'd say thats where he will be.

They lose Crichton, Sutton isnt getting any younger, and i get the impression they see Murray more as a lock. I think as it stands now he would have a slightly better chance of starting at Souths, at least in the next 12 months. Of course, if Gillett doesnt come back at his best or Glenns form drops he could well be our first choice. Its also going to come down to money. If he gets a bigger offer to be in a similar position at Souths, i'd say thats where he will be.

I think if it were about the money, he would be gone already because we aren't matching their offer or giving him a better one.

Here's the thing, though. He doesn't speak about money or getting the best possible deal for himself when he talks about his contract as every other player does that's focused on money, not in any of the articles I've read. He talks about being at a club where he can play his best footy as a starter and fulfill his potential as a player which is the same thing TPJ says.

He's got the same chance as getting a starting spot here as what he does at Souths and by all reports the Broncos are going to satisfy his desire to be a starter next year by having him, Gillett and McGuire as our back row.

Considering his preference is to stay in Brisbane, I would say we are a great chance of keeping him.

I think if it were about the money, he would be gone already because we aren't matching their offer or giving him a better one.

Here's the thing, though. He doesn't speak about money or getting the best possible deal for himself when he talks about his contract as every other player does that's focused on money. He talks about being at a club where he can play his best footy as a starter and fulfill his potential as a player which is the same thing TPJ says.

He's got the same chance as getting a starting spot here as what he does at Souths and by all reports the Broncos are going to satisfy his desire to be a starter next year by having him, Gillett and McGuire as our back row.

Considering his preference is to stay in Brisbane, I would say we are a great chance of keeping him.

Why would he be gone already? They are still negotiating contract. And i'd actually say if money wasnt an issue for him he wouldnt have signed a contract with us? IF the press are to be believed ( and i do take any reports in the press with a huge pinch of salt, a bit like us promising him a starting spot unless it comes out of Bennetts mouth im sceptical) we have tabled him an offer already, he hasnt signed it. And what he has actually said is he loves Brisbane and wants to stay, but he has do do whats best for him. He doesnt elaborate, but that could mean financially as much as it does what happens on the field. He isnt going to come out and bag anyone, so his comments are him just keeping his options open imo

He's a good kid, a potentially great player and i hope he stays. I'm just a little worried Bennett will pick Glenn and Gillett before him. When they are both fit we will get a good indication of if he has gone passed either in the pecking order.

Here's the thing, though. He doesn't speak about money or getting the best possible deal for himself when he talks about his contract as every other player does that's focused on money, not in any of the articles I've read. He talks about being at a club where he can play his best footy as a starter and fulfill his potential as a player which is the same thing TPJ says.

So bird is not going to lock next year ?
He will be going back to Sydney at the end of the year anyways

So bird is not going to lock next year ?
He will be going back to Sydney at the end of the year anyways

I'm still pretty sure lock was always the plan for Bird. Now i'm not so sure with how he is going.

I'm still pretty sure lock was always the plan for Bird. Now i'm not so sure with how he is going.
Yeah I agree, I'd rather TPJ, Offa or Moses in the 13 over Bird any day

Yeah I agree, I'd rather TPJ, Offa or Moses in the 13 over Bird any day

Bird at his best could add another dimension in that position imo. I just dont see him getting there currently.

Bird at his best could add another dimension in that position imo. I just dont see him getting there currently.

Bird’s a ‘winner’ and a talented player etc etc but is he actually necessary? and if we put him at lock, can we afford the teething period to see if this dimension even works for us?

He just seems more trouble than he’s worth. Injury troubles, the contentious weight issue and his arthritis thing, I just think it’s easier to cut our losses as efficiently as possible and retain our young quality contributing players

Some players just don’t work out, and I hate to quote the media, but Bird was a luxury buy when we needed a halfback.

Keeping TPJ, Oates, Joe O, Su’A, Isaako and co should be our only priority.

Bird’s a ‘winner’ and a talented player etc etc but is he actually necessary? and if we put him at lock, can we afford the teething period to see if this dimension even works for us?

He just seems more trouble than he’s worth. Injury troubles, the contentious weight issue and his arthritis thing, I just think it’s easier to cut our losses as efficiently as possible and retain our young quality contributing players

Some players just don’t work out, and I hate to quote the media, but Bird was a luxury buy when we needed a halfback.

Keeping TPJ, Oates, Joe O, Su’A, Isaako and co should be our only priority.

Send Bird to the Knights or he could fit well under salary sombrero at Roosters. If Bird could get in shape with a real halfback, Milf at fullback and the right attitude then he would be a well suited 5/8 with Boyd’s salary covering his buy. Could be solid in defence, good ball running 5/8. Too well stocked for locks/second rowers if recruitment does their job now (although admittedly didn’t have TPJ just another guy about to play for QLD). 700+ is too much for a centre that isn’t Hodges and doesn’t even want to play there.

For me priority for 2019 is
1. retain young forwards
2. Find a halfback
3. Unless there is a dramatic turnaround then either Boyd or Bird (or both if they don’t earn it) have to go. Sims, Thaiday (last season anyway), Glenn if need be but preferably not, Kahu (once again preferably not) are all expendable to above 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Manofoneway
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Footy Fanatic
  • whykickamoocow
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.