Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should definitely look into him ... his path here will be a **** load easier to break into first grade than stuck behind Cleary
Surely the Panthers would be looking at him replacing Maloney in the near future and not stuck behind Cleary.

Surely the Panthers would be looking at him replacing Maloney in the near future and not stuck behind Cleary.

Maloney has only just got there ... i doubt he is going anywhere, in the near future ...

and i can't imagine he will want to wait around several years before getting a shot as a first choice Panthers half

Last edited:
Maloney has only just got there ... i doubt he is going anywhere, in the near future ...

and i can't imagine he will want to wait around several years before getting a shot as a first choice Panthers half

Seems like a player Bellamy would be smart enough to recruit.

I'm keen on Croft after his last performance. Seems like he can be a bit hot and cold like hunt but he's a queenslander that plays 7 so I'd take him.

- I'd even take Elgey at this point

Last edited:
Either Croft or this kid I'd be happy with but this kid, just wow!

Zerotackle is wrong. Luai is signed up until the end of 2019

Zerotackle is wrong. Luai is signed up until the end of 2019

last night, i recall the commentators mentioning that he was off contract at season's end

last night, i recall the commentators mentioning that he was off contract at season's end
Commentators get their information from the internet. Websites like zerotackle. He's not off contract until the end of next year unfortunately. But that doesn't really matter. They'll either lose him or Cleary next year

How many more years has Maloney left (both in contract length and career length)?

How many more years has Maloney left (both in contract length and career length)?

he is 32 (but halves can play well into their 30s)

contract is another 2 years (end of 2020) - long time to just wait your turn, if your ready for first grade ... and very few players wait these days. not only could we offer him a decent shot a a starting halves position, but likely more money than he would earn as a backup half at the Panthers

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Bird
4. James Roberts
5. Darius Boyd
6. Anthony Milford
7. Jarome Luai
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Tevita Pangai Junior
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
17. Payne Haas

This team would be so good.. Put the right 7 in there and we have a premiership contender

Why can't we get any of these young halves? Please Move aside niko

I doubt Oates will be a Bronco next year based on Bennett's latest comments that he'd never play back row at the Broncos.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/07/wayne-bennett-quashes-back-row-hopes-of-corey-oates/

well, that is a shame ... but 1000000000% the right call by Bennett. Oates will need to make the call on whether leaving the Broncos for the slime chance some team will play him in the back row is worth it ...

IMO, hes best shot would be with Melbourne as they already have two GUN wingers ...

Its not out of the realms of possibility we lose both our wingers at the end of the year.

Its not out of the realms of possibility we lose both our wingers at the end of the year.

If Isaako gets offered a ft fullback spot he might go maybe to the Titans they could offer him that but if I was the boss , I would go to Darius and say you need to do the right thing and give it away and let the next gen come through
Same with Glenn

I'm really getting sick of this shit.

I've been highly critical of our recruitment and retention in recent times, and rightfully so I feel, but this is one of those situations where, if we lose Oates, of course we'll be epically pissed about it....But we can't blame the club or anyone at it. Oates is forcing their hand by being so persistent with playing 2nd row, DESPITE being a gun winger in his own right. His timing is also pretty awful considering the forwards we have coming through, who we should NOT screw over just to satisfy one player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Stix
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • levikaden
  • Tmac
  • Foordy
  • Accept
  • cento
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.