Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think he's got the sort of name a circus owner/promoter should have! I hope he's a legend in the making, what a great name, Bertie Fartsworth Afortune !

2019 lineup:
1 Issako
2 Stagg
3 Boyd
4 Roberts
5 Kahu
6 Milf
7 Niko/Tanah Boyd/Paix
8 Lodge
9 McCullogh
10 Pangai
11 Gillett
12 Sua
13 Moose

Bench:
14 Offa
15 Haas
16 Fifita
17 Glenn (Utility role)

2019 lineup:
1 Issako
2 Stagg
3 Boyd
4 Roberts
5 Kahu
6 Milf
7 Niko/Tanah Boyd/Paix
8 Lodge
9 McCullogh
10 Pangai
11 Gillett
12 Sua
13 Moose

Bench:
14 Offa
15 Haas
16 Fifita
17 Glenn (Utility role)

Bird??
Oates? Maybe leaving I suppose, but not definite.

The roosters do that when there is no Australian rep on the market for them to throw money at. If one of the blokes I mentioned makes it with us they can feel safer job security wise than at a club like the roosters where, like Pearce, they could be gone next year if a slightly better option/ bigger name comes up. Besides, none of these blokes have 100% proven themselves worthy of getting a full time FG opportunity yet, and none are guaranteed to even make it. The Broncos are still taking a huge risk with this approach.

Matterson and Radley are both good enough to start full time yet one will be benched next year for Crichton, for example.

I reckon job security is pretty good at the Roosters. The players that have been forced out recently had been there forever. Pearce played first grade for a decade there. SKD played for a decade. Bit of a myth to say there is no job security at the Roosters.

Bird??
Oates? Maybe leaving I suppose, but not definite.
Bird - needs to start the season in QLD Cup to gain confidence or send him back to Sydney.

Oates - wants to play in the forwards but we have too many talented youngsters coming through. Let him walk!

Last edited:
Just roughing out some budgets here:

1 Issako -300K
2 Stagg - 250K
3 Boyd - 700K
4 Roberts - 600K
5 Kahu -200K
6 Milf - 1mil
7 Niko/Tanah Boyd/Paix - 250K
8 Lodge - 250k?
9 McCullogh - 300K?
10 Pangai - 650k?
11 Gillett - 500K?
12 Sua - 400K?
13 Moose - 400k?

Bench:
14 Offa - 300K?
15 Haas - 600K
16 Fifita - 300K
17 Glenn (Utility role) -300k?

Bird - 700k?

That's 8 Million right there - some numbers conservative and probably high lows. There is no room for Oates on raw numbers. 1.2Million left to pay for 11 players averages bang on the minimum wages threshold. Unless they put 25 players on the book and sign 5 more into the 30 squad before June 30 at pro rata for year giving XX% discount on those remaining players?

If we knock 15% off for TPA takes up back down to 6.8Million - which is possible to fit Oates and rest of the 30 man squad.

Do we get any offsets on marquee players in our squad also?

Last edited:
2019 lineup:
1 Issako
2 Stagg
3 Boyd
4 Roberts
5 Kahu
6 Milf
7 Niko/Tanah Boyd/Paix
8 Lodge
9 McCullogh
10 Pangai
11 Gillett
12 Sua
13 Moose

Bench:
14 Offa
15 Haas
16 Fifita
17 Glenn (Utility role)

This username makes me uncomfortable. I keep looking at it and wondering when did I post this?

Just roughing out some budgets here:

1 Issako -300K
2 Stagg - 250K
3 Boyd - 700K
4 Roberts - 600K
5 Kahu -200K
6 Milf - 1mil
7 Niko/Tanah Boyd/Paix - 250K
8 Lodge - 250k?
9 McCullogh - 300K?
10 Pangai - 650k?
11 Gillett - 500K?
12 Sua - 400K?
13 Moose - 400k?

Bench:
14 Offa - 300K?
15 Haas - 600K
16 Fifita - 300K
17 Glenn (Utility role) -300k?

Bird - 700k?

That's 8 Million right there - some numbers conservative and probably high lows. There is no room for Oates on raw numbers. 1.2Million left to pay for 11 players averages bang on the minimum wages threshold. Unless they put 25 players on the book and sign 5 more into the 30 squad before June 30 at pro rata for year giving XX% discount on those remaining players?

If we knock 15% off for TPA takes up back down to 6.8Million - which is possible to fit Oates and rest of the 30 man squad.

Do we get any offsets on marquee players in our squad also?

We also have Andre Savelio, (who's injured for this season) for next year in the cap. Reckon the lad signed for couple of years starting 2018.

lol yep, I wonder how many others think they are me?

Don't fooled people, there is only one B4L... the forum couldn't take another one.
Finally, something we agree on!

I’m just messing.

I don’t tend to agree with you on a lot of things and I am pretty confident that’s the same the other way around, but it makes for good conversation (at least I think so anyway).

Finally, something we agree on!

I’m just messing.

I don’t tend to agree with you on a lot of things and I am pretty confident that’s the same the other way around, but it makes for good conversation (at least I think so anyway).

I don't agree with this. lol joking yeah all good mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • heartly87
  • Lurker
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • LGH
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • mystico
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • BooKhaki
  • The True King
  • Shane Tronc
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.