Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand why anyone outside of GC care about DCE turning his back on them.

Are people as up in arms about Papalli back flipping on Eels??

I for one would welcome Cherry with open arms... he's a fucking gun halfback (probably the best in the league at the moment) with every tool in his bag not to mention solid defence.

His inclusion in the Aust team has me hoping he's now the preferred qld halfback next year, which to me is probably our best chance of beating NSW.
No, I don't understand our supporters booing his every move when he played us at home shortly after he back flipped the GC. Maybe we thought he had not only turned his back on the Titans but also on a Queensland team.
The way he played the last SOO your hopes will be fulfilled. Would love to see him run out in a Broncs jersey with 7 on his back.

No, I don't understand our supporters booing his every move when he played us at home shortly after he back flipped the GC. Maybe we thought he had not only turned his back on the Titans but also on a Queensland team.
The way he played the last SOO your hopes will be fulfilled. Would love to see him run out in a Broncs jersey with 7 on his back.
I was in the crowd that night and absolutely, I booed him - loudly. I did this for one reason only. I though it might affect him and give my team a leg up. No other reason. I couldn’t care less about the Titans and what he supposedly did to them. I’d like to think it worked too.

I didn’t care for the Titans like a lot of other shit fans probably did. But it’s a **** act to not stick to your word

Give manly Bird, Glenn and Kahu. That should do the trick.

Give manly Bird, Glenn and Kahu. That should do the trick.

stop trying to help the scum get a better side, while weakening us ....

besides we can't cut 3 players and only replace them with 1

That’s right! We should be more like the Roosters and do it the other way around...

"The scum" won't be a top 8 side regardless.. especially if they lose DCE. We'd get the better side of the deal.

Could sign DCE and bring in two bottom dollar players.

Anyway, he won't leave Sea Eagles..

So yeah no point talking about it

As if you’d give away Glenn. That’s madness. He’s one of our most influential forwards and is crucial to the development and motivation of the young forwards that come through. His experience and influence are essential and his consistency and defence are very very good.

As if you’d give away Glenn. That’s madness. He’s one of our most influential forwards and is crucial to the development and motivation of the young forwards that come through. His experience and influence are essential and his consistency and defence are very very good.

Gillett > Glenn
TPJ > Glenn
Su'A = Glenn
Fifita in 12 months > Glenn

Don't need him tbh. Experience is overrated, I'd rather use the roster spot & funds on retaining an extra young talent or bringing in some outside back depth or halves depth.

Glenn is one of our better defenders. Considering that's one of our weaknesses not sure why you'd want to lose him.

Gillett > Glenn
TPJ > Glenn
Su'A = Glenn

Don't need him tbh. Experience is overrated, I'd rather use the roster spot & funds on retaining an extra young talent or bringing in some outside back depth or halves depth.

Not sure for next season a least we can bank on two unproven rookies, and injury prone TPJ who might not even be here, and a Gillett who we dont have a clue just yet what kind of shape he will be in. In 12 months time, could be a totally different story, but i dont see the logic in releasing one of our most consistent performers just yet.

Glenn is one of our better defenders. Considering that's one of our weaknesses not sure why you'd want to lose him.

Edge backrow is our strongest position defensively, Gillett, Su'A & Glenn are all in the same ballpark defensively in terms of work rate & efficiency, losing one of them would have a very minimal impact defensively, I'm more concerned with our halves, outside backs & middle forwards defense.

Gillett > Glenn
TPJ > Glenn
Su'A = Glenn

Experience can be overrated when those concerned are also 'over the hill'.
But can't be underestimated when at their prime. Sometimes it's a fine line unfortunately.

This year we missed Blair in defence. Take out Glenn as well and I think you'll notice a big hole in defensive reliability.

Hahaha makes me laugh when people talk about Glenn as if he's Petero Civonaceva or something.

Glenn has effectively accomplished nothing in his career.

He's played NRL every week, which is a minimum requirement.

And he got lucky a couple of times to get chosen for the Kiwis.

Glenn has never left the Broncos so I actually think he has less useful experience than if we just brought in someone else.

He's been sheltered here at the Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.