Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of being happy the club is moving forward, signing new players and making critical re-signings, lets criticise the new coach for articles written about him and / or how he is portrayed in them, ignoring the fact that he has absolutely no control over how such articles are written - seems reasonable.

I'm not criticising Seibold for that, it's the fucking journalists who have spent the last 4 years lambasting Bennett now singing this guys praises at every opportunity that I take exception too, when Seibold really has achieved naught compared to Bennett. His greatest achievement to date is realising you don't flog the fucking Burgess brothers to within an inch of their life in training each week.

I'm not criticising Seibold for that, it's the fucking journalists who have spent the last 4 years lambasting Bennett now singing this guys praises at every opportunity that I take exception too, when Seibold really has achieved naught compared to Bennett. His greatest achievement to date is realising you don't flog the fucking Burgess brothers to within an inch of their life in training each week.

I strongly disagree that that is his greatest achievement, but I am not going there.

In terms of the media, shouldn't you just be happy that YOUR club is finally getting a break and enjoy it? I like Bennett and appreciate he has done for us but did you ever think there might be a reason the media treat him the way they do? Spend less time trying to figure out why the media are taking some revenge on a guy that has treated them like garbage (rightly or wrongly) for 30 years, and enjoy a rare period of positive articles for your club.

I strongly disagree that that is his greatest achievement, but I am not going there.

In terms of the media, shouldn't you just be happy that YOUR club is finally getting a break and enjoy it? I like Bennett and appreciate he has done for us but did you ever think there might be a reason the media treat him the way they do? Spend less time trying to figure out why the media are taking some revenge on a guy that has treated them like garbage (rightly or wrongly) for 30 years, and enjoy a rare period of positive articles for your club.
It's funny how people who supposedly have nothing against Seibold are getting so upset by any attempt to praise him.

It's funny how people who supposedly have nothing against Seibold are getting so upset by any attempt to praise him.
I think some people are just annoyed at the hypocrisy being shown and just want people to be honest with their praise. Credit should go where it is due. This signing wasn't Seibolds signing.

I really don’t understand why you’re bothering to let yourself get so invested in how the media portrays our current coach and our previous coach.

The media are slimy and will write whatever they think will sell, it really is that simple.

But seriously, who cares. I’m stoked to see positive journalism about this club for once.

Why people have to be negative about Seibold before, as you say, he’s even had a chance to do anything astounds me.

In fact, comments about how Seibold hasn’t achieved anything compared to Bennett when the reality is, how could he, are no better than the articles you’re whinging about.

So many times people on here will laugh at others for reading too much into the media. At the same time those people are butt hurt when said media slams Bennett.

So many times people on here will laugh at others for reading too much into the media. At the same time those people are butt hurt when said media slams Bennett.
Likewise, the same people who shit on Bennett continuously are now praising Seibold for using a whistle at training.

Ok.....I'm going to try and move this back on topic.....

Possibly a halfback.........Mitchell Moses?
Theres no way we have enough money for any decent halfback at the moment. We would need to unload Nikorima and probably one or two other players as well.

We have Boyd, Bird and Gillett all on 700-800k, Milford on 1 mil, Payne Haas, Oates, TPJ all around 500-600k. We definitely aren't in a great space in terms of cap. Particularly when you consider how much Boyd, Bird and Gillett are taking up for essentially 0 output last season. Hopefully this year will be better for the three of them.

Likewise, the same people who shit on Bennett continuously are now praising Seibold for using a whistle at training.

Yeah that's modern methods right there , "THE WHISTLE "

Who praised the use of a whistle?

This signing wasn't Seibolds signing.

Show me where Seibold claims this signing was entirely his doing ... I don't even think the media have claimed that ... Heaven forbid the clubs head coach announce a signing, what's the world coming to ...

hell for all we know, Perese was interested in signing with the club, but it was Seibold who got it over the line ...

it is also entirely possible that Perese was so interested in converting to league with us that the coach was irrelevant ...

FTR, the only coach that I've heard claim someone signed with a club because of them was Bennett.

Mayst m
Who praised the use of a whistle?[/QUOTE

I must admit, i creamed when I found out he was using a whistle. Hash tag new broncos and all.

Show me where Seibold claims this signing was entirely his doing ... I don't even think the media have claimed that ... Heaven forbid the clubs head coach announce a signing, what's the world coming to ...

hell for all we know, Perese was interested in signing with the club, but it was Seibold who got it over the line ...

it is also entirely possible that Perese was so interested in converting to league with us that the coach was irrelevant ...

FTR, the only coach that I've heard claim someone signed with a club because of them was Bennett.
Bennett claims TPJ signed because of him. Truth is, Ricky Stuart said TPJ will never make it. TPJ would have signed with literally anyone who said "Ricky is wrong, You CAN make it".

The video posted a couple of pages back did have the caption that Seibold convinced Perese to switch codes.

Anthony is continuing to make his presence at Red Hill felt, convincing a @Reds_Rugby player to switch codes.

He has been trying to get out of his rugby contract for months and the Reds finally allowed him to because they found a quality replacement. That's what got him over the line. And I didn't say Seibold said it, unless you can show me where I said that..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.