Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our forwards aren't really an issue, they're still making shit loads of ground and are going to be unstoppable within 12 months once they start to reach their ceilings (Haas, Fifita, Carrigan, and Flegler especially) and quicken up their PTBs which Seibs is big on. Blokes like Joffa and Su'a have been relatively crap, but our pack would have done enough to win us at least three games (the Tigers and Dragons games definitely) if we had a competent half back (as in Townsend tier) or a FB with some penetration. Oates and Isaako having soap on their hands for a few games hasn't helped, nor has missing a key forward every single week.

Last edited:
1. I don't think McCullough's service is as bad as people make out. It becomes inaccurate later in the game but isn't slow. I've been asking for proof for a year now and I've received none. Our forwards slow play the balls have not helped. People talk shit about him because he's not Smith or Cook. But we can't fill our entire team with superstars.

It's pretty difficult to actually definitively prove that his service as a whole is slower than everyone else, like, what are we going to do to prove that, go back and measure at 0.1% speed every play the ball, of every game this round to determine an average speed of the time it takes for the ball to get from dummy half to first receiver?

There's an easier way to determine if his service is slow, open your eyes, watch games. Off the top of my head, these players are consistently quicker out of dummy half, whether it be decision making, running, passing off the ground, or the accumulative average of all 3 - Cook, Smith, McInnes, Luke, Roache, Friend, Koroisau, Granville, Fainu, Katoa, Egan, Rein, Levi, Hodgson, Mahoney, Farah, J.Brailey, B.Brailey. So that leaves Lichaa & Peats as the only 2 "NRL Hookers" I personally can't definitively call quicker out of dummy half than McCullough. Which of the above players would you disagree are quicker out of dummy half in terms of decision making, running or passing off the ground?

2. I don't love McCullough but I respect Boyd a lot. The reasons were posted in a thread a few days ago. Them being blamed for everything doesn't sit well with me when others are getting away with being much worse. I've called for Boyd to be moved from fullback numerous times as well. But it always gets forgotten because I don't join in on the circle jerk. Things like Boyd intentionally falling over and going for dummies after five players decided not to tackle as well, people wishing injury on them, people saying Boyd won't get a job when he retires, daddy jokes, saying McCullough is the worst hooker in the game or even that we are losing because of these two. These stupid opinions are what I respond to. Have I been wrong? Maybe, but few people engage and attempt to prove otherwise. Instead they choose to not bother replying or repeat their opinion over and over.

I also respect Boyd, he was literally my favourite player in 2015 & 2016, I was comfortably the most excited on the forum about bringing him back when Wayne signed. Moving Boyd away from Fullback won't do anything, it's not a physical hindrance that is stopping him from playing that position, it's mental. He's on the record in saying he's the fittest and fastest he's ever been, yet every week he makes countless defensive mistakes and misreads that lead to tries. You can talk all you want about how other players are missing tackles, that's true, literally nobody is denying that. The point most people are making is that Boyd is either mentally checked out defensively or afraid of getting injured again, so is preserving his body. Either way, he deserves to be criticised on a weekly basis for what he's giving us right now, along with many others.

3. I made everything about Hunt? That's a joke. I responded to you and Port making everything about Hunt while allowing others to get away with being worse in some games. Port obviously had bias because he watched Taylor play against children and thought he was good enough to take over from Hunt and you copy and pasted his opinions for a year. Again, I didn't join in on the Hunt circle jerk because everything had been said. 5 times in every thread at the same time. Because I called you and Port out numerous times for repeating yourselves and stated that Milford was doing the same things Hunt was, even went on to prove that Hunt was directly involved in more tries and people decided I was backing Hunt when all I asked for was the double standards to end and the people who repeated themselves numerous times to stop doing so.

There's a difference between not joining the circle jerk and trying to play the contrarian to every player who gets targeted for their individual performances each year, you may think it comes across as you being level headed and reasonable, it doesn't, it comes across as you being ill-informed.

4. When it became apparent that nothing was going to be done about said posters repeating themselves, I decided to start posting facetiously (Justifiably) critiquing Milford and made every thread about him. I even copy/pasted a few posts from certain people and changed the names from Hunt to Milford and I was punished for that. From the mods and from people who post on here. Double standards.

You're surprised people repeated themselves week after week when Hunt was dishing up poor performances week after week? That's how life works mate, it's not like once Boyd got criticised in Week 1 the people who did the criticising are going to say the next time he makes a mistake "Oh, I already criticised this guy last week for not trying defensively, I better not say it again, that'd be repeating myself". Some things bare repeating, you were the only person on the entire forum who got triggered by it, so much so that you dedicated 12 months of your time on here being sarcastic and annoying for essentially no reason.

5. Now I'm responding to trolls like McCunt and other people who are doing the same thing for McCullough and Boyd. Is that not obvious or are you being selective?

I have zero issue with you responding to people who are trolling and posting daddy jokes and shit like that, I don't condone any of it, but you paint in very broad strokes. It often seems like you're targeting every single person who has ever criticised McCullough or Boyd when you post these responses.

6. What's funny is that my response is a byproduct of people posting the same things over and over and you're tiring from what I am saying? Why is it that you're not tiring from what others are repeating over and over?

Refer to my comments a few paragraphs up, we have games every week, if players perform similarly week after week, the same comments are going to be made, there's nothing you, I or anyone can do about that. I don't see how you get so worked up over it. If Boyd comes out and has a game where he makes 2 try saving tackles and doesn't let any tries in, the comments will stop immediately, it's that simple, people just want results, nothing more.

Edit: This took way too long to respond to

Last edited:
You guys think we could get rid of the people making the errors inside our half and putting the team on the back foot for 80 minutes as well? Maybe the winger who can't catch a ball, the centre who limps everywhere and does one thing a game, the 6 who does sweet **** all or the 7 who acts like a 6? Maybe the prop who likes to lay on the ground after making a tackle and can't move sideways or the other prop who dropped the ball 3 times. Maybe the superstar lock who shows up once a year against the Cowboys? Or maybe the coach who doesn't know how to use a bench? Surely we could get a good deal for those players too

You forgot to mention our spud number 9

Almost none of this is truthful.

1. I don't think McCullough's service is as bad as people make out. It becomes inaccurate later in the game but isn't slow. I've been asking for proof for a year now and I've received none. Our forwards slow play the balls have not helped. People talk shit about him because he's not Smith or Cook. But we can't fill our entire team with superstars.

2. I don't love McCullough but I respect Boyd a lot. The reasons were posted in a thread a few days ago. Them being blamed for everything doesn't sit well with me when others are getting away with being much worse. I've called for Boyd to be moved from fullback numerous times as well. But it always gets forgotten because I don't join in on the circle jerk. Things like Boyd intentionally falling over and going for dummies after five players decided not to tackle as well, people wishing injury on them, people saying Boyd won't get a job when he retires, daddy jokes, saying McCullough is the worst hooker in the game or even that we are losing because of these two. These stupid opinions are what I respond to. Have I been wrong? Maybe, but few people engage and attempt to prove otherwise. Instead they choose to not bother replying or repeat their opinion over and over.

3. I made everything about Hunt? That's a joke. I responded to you and Port making everything about Hunt while allowing others to get away with being worse in some games. Port obviously had bias because he watched Taylor play against children and thought he was good enough to take over from Hunt and you copy and pasted his opinions for a year. Again, I didn't join in on the Hunt circle jerk because everything had been said. 5 times in every thread at the same time. Because I called you and Port out numerous times for repeating yourselves and stated that Milford was doing the same things Hunt was, even went on to prove that Hunt was directly involved in more tries and people decided I was backing Hunt when all I asked for was the double standards to end and the people who repeated themselves numerous times to stop doing so.

4. When it became apparent that nothing was going to be done about said posters repeating themselves, I decided to start posting facetiously (Justifiably) critiquing Milford and made every thread about him. I even copy/pasted a few posts from certain people and changed the names from Hunt to Milford and I was punished for that. From the mods and from people who post on here. Double standards.

5. Now I'm responding to trolls like McHunt (Edited because McCunt was a legit typo) and other people who are doing the same thing for McCullough and Boyd. Is that not obvious or are you being selective?

6. What's funny is that my response is a byproduct of people posting the same things over and over and you're tiring from what I am saying? Why is it that you're not tiring from what others are repeating over and over?

TLDR; My entire issue since Hunt was the double standards and excuses used for other players every week, followed by people repeating their opinions in every thread. The same issue I have now.

Hey look, another daddy joke.
I posted my opinion about Hunt on the relevant threads (post game, Hunt threads, etc...) and unlike you pretend, didn't post it everywhere. Repeating a lie doesn't make it a truth and I dare you to prove otherwise.

I always liked the kid, and my criticism of him was the same as my criticism of another bloke I like as a player, just not in the position he, like Ben, has been pegged... I'm talking about Kodi of course. Neither of them can organise a team or manage a game, which is the job of a halfback, period.

I followed Taylor through the youth all the way to the seniors and always said that he was what we needed for the position, and I maintain that opinion based on everything we have seen of him in the NRL, despite the lack of progression he showed at the basket case of a club down the M1.

There are many items Seibold needs to address. No one is ignoring the dropped balls or the defensive lapses, nor are Boyd and Macca solely responsible for the current problems, but they certainly are an important weekly contribution to a structural problem, as is the lack of proper game management, shoddy defense and poor completion rate.
Even you kind of recognise this, at least in regards to Boyd, although you fail to see (or acknowledge) how important his (lack of) performances are for such a young inexperienced team. Why should they be held to higher standards of (at least perceived) effort than their captain has demonstrated week after week?

Isaako's poor form has been highlighted by many, Ofahengaue is another player mentioned regularly who hasn't played at the level he is expected to, but that doesn't seem to bother you too much, since those are a few of your own scapegoats.

P.S. Using Milford to prove a point about a Hunt agenda is idiocy, but that is not why you were "punished", nor were there double standards. This is not the place for that discussion, nor will it be held in public. You know where to direct your grievances if you need to.

You guys think we could get rid of the people making the errors inside our half and putting the team on the back foot for 80 minutes as well? Maybe the winger who can't catch a ball, the centre who limps everywhere and does one thing a game, the 6 who does sweet **** all or the 7 who acts like a 6? Maybe the prop who likes to lay on the ground after making a tackle and can't move sideways or the other prop who dropped the ball 3 times. Maybe the superstar lock who shows up once a year against the Cowboys? Or maybe the coach who doesn't know how to use a bench? Surely we could get a good deal for those players too

Triggered.

Could you imagine the confirmation bias BS that would be going on in BHQ if that happened haha I'd leave this place for sure! It'd get incredibly boring and repetitive

You reckon it's not already? Can't even have a rumours thread without the usual dickheads banging their drums over and over and over about the same players they already bitch about in every other thread.

Wonder which side has made the inquiry if true

Souths is the info I have received, but as other pointed out, take it with a grain if salt so far, unless it gets further legs.

My sauce is pretty confident but time will tell.

Souths is the info I have received, but as other pointed out, take it with a grain if salt so far, unless it gets further legs.

My sauce is pretty confident but time will tell.

Interesting if true, I think boyd would be good for them . I really hope they put Allen on the table though, my confidence in isaako at 1 isn't high.

We should 100 percent be throwing the kitchen sink at Ponga if we can get Boyd to leave.

He doesn't deserve to be in a shitshow of a team like the Knights

Give him what he wants.

We should 100 percent be throwing the kitchen sink at Ponga if we can get Boyd to leave.

He doesn't deserve to be in a shitshow of a team like the Knights

Give him what he wants.

Yes at least there’s a glimmer of light at the end of our shit show

There was something like the Knights were offering him a new 3 year extension which is career suicide if he stays.
I'd be happy to offer him 1 Mil a season , he will pay it back
Yes at least there’s a glimmer of light at the end of our shit show

I would love to have Pings aswell, unfortunately he is not even available until 2022. Not sure why we are even talking about him.

Anything happens in the nrl with Contracts
I would love to have Pings aswell, unfortunately he is not even available until 2022. Not sure why we are even talking about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.