Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be happy to swap him for reynolds

If Jimmy is still fighting demons he'll be clinging to the feel good factor when he played under Benny and gained his first blues gernsey in a successful origin series.

Logic and rationale very often take second place to emotions. I hope he stays, but if he does go we have a ready made gun in Katoni Staggs. Moreover, Katoni does not come with the well documented history that Jimmy has left behind him. Just to be sure, I'm not talking about bewildered opposition either.

If this is better for James Roberts, and Bennett can help him with his demons off the field (which I do believe Wayne does better than anyone in the business), then I hope the Broncos don't stand in his way, while still negotiating a reasonable deal with souffs.

If this is better for James Roberts, and Bennett can help him with his demons off the field (which I do believe Wayne does better than anyone in the business), then I hope the Broncos don't stand in his way, while still negotiating a reasonable deal with souffs.

If he goes, best of luck, but we still need to worry about ourselves. I've mentioned before my belief that we need to get FAR more ruthless in our decision making, to get back to the top of the comp.

If we choose to allow him to go, we need every single cent he soaks up under our cap, to be carried by Souths.

If he goes, best of luck, but we still need to worry about ourselves. I've mentioned before my belief that we need to get FAR more ruthless in our decision making, to get back to the top of the comp.

If we choose to allow him to go, we need every single cent he soaks up under our cap, to be carried by Souths.
I know and I hope it happens, but I still prefer to put the human being before the player.

I know and I hope it happens, but I still prefer to put the human being before the player.

Yep, I wouldn't stand in his way if that is what he wants to do. But be arsed if I'd pay for it. Wayne wants to mentor him and make him into a great human being. Excellent, well put your money where your mouth is, old boy.

I agree with this and what Porthoz said above. If his welfare would be best looked after under Wayne and he doesn’t want to be here then let him go, while at the same time we need to look after ourselves. We cannot pay a cent of his salary.

I like the sentiment and I used to think the same way, however I feel like this is what the Broncos always do and it gets us nowhere. Would the Storm or the Roosters pay money to ensure a player can leave and get into a situation? Absolutely fucking not, and look at them. It’s that kind of attitude that is required to win comps and sooner or later the Broncos need to decide if they want to win or do the want to be the nice guys.

We should only allow him to leave if we gain something. Getting them to pay his full price isn’t enough. We need to say we want Reynolds or it’s not happening at all

We should only allow him to leave if we gain something. Getting them to pay his full price isn’t enough. We need to say we want Reynolds or it’s not happening at all

May as well ask for walker and cook as well because there’s no fucking way that’ll happen

Could we get Allan back? Throw him at Fullback, move Boyd to right centre, simples.

Although it must be said, I'm not even sure if Allan is going to be good yet, he's been acceptable on the wing for Souths, but his work rate is really concerning. In his 5 games playing 80 minutes on the wing he's only surpassed 100 running metres once, which is really not what you're looking for from a modern day winger, they need to be an extra forward for you out of your own end.

I like the sentiment and I used to think the same way, however I feel like this is what the Broncos always do and it gets us nowhere. Would the Storm or the Roosters pay money to ensure a player can leave and get into a situation? Absolutely fucking not, and look at them. It’s that kind of attitude that is required to win comps and sooner or later the Broncos need to decide if they want to win or do the want to be the nice guys.

For me this attitude was underlined when we helped out the Cows with our best backline depth option, Kahu. Wish we would start playing hardball.

May as well ask for walker and cook as well because there’s no fucking way that’ll happen
Exactly. They shouldn’t benefit from gaining someone like Roberts if we don’t benefit to at least the same level. They need a centre, we need a halfback. Otherwise they can **** off

And if Bennett wanted him to truly help him again, he wouldn’t baulk at paying full price too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.