Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Any not named Darius Boyd
I agree we should, but if there is no-one of decent quality available it’s a bit of a problem, not to mention the club clearly see dropping Boyd is a bigger problem than anyone else seems to...

I’m not sure therefore that we shouldn’t seek other recruitment opportunities in the meantime. We are certainly getting rid of plenty of our playing stock and development options...

Morepudding

NRL Player
Im saying releasing people midseason, moving people on. All this crap when the biggest glaring fucking issue is our captain and fullback. Have you seen social media? Everyone blasting him on everything. Broncos pages, player Instagrams, fox sports etc. Honestly it's the laughing stock of the competition at the moment. Boyd genuinely wouldn't make a Queensland cup team yet here he is as our captain and fullback.

Other teams are filling the gaps with players they need. Cowboys looking to get Drinkwater in before June 30. After already signing Kahu and McGuire since January.

Meanwhile we have lost some top class players in McGuire, Kahu, Nikorima (as a sub), Roberts etc. And then also youth in Tannah Boyd yet we haven't signed anyone.

Our forwards are good, sure. But we can't score points and we aren't going to win a comp with Boyd as a fullback and with Shibasaki in the centres.

They need to move Boyd on. I don't care if we have to pay his entire fucking salary, at least then he's someone else's problem

bronx89

NYC Player
Im saying releasing people midseason, moving people on. All this crap when the biggest glaring fucking issue is our captain and fullback. Have you seen social media? Everyone blasting him on everything. Broncos pages, player Instagrams, fox sports etc. Honestly it's the laughing stock of the competition at the moment. Boyd genuinely wouldn't make a Queensland cup team yet here he is as our captain and fullback.

Other teams are filling the gaps with players they need. Cowboys looking to get Drinkwater in before June 30. After already signing Kahu and McGuire since January.

Meanwhile we have lost some top class players in McGuire, Kahu, Nikorima (as a sub), Roberts etc. And then also youth in Tannah Boyd yet we haven't signed anyone.

Our forwards are good, sure. But we can't score points and we aren't going to win a comp with Boyd as a fullback and with Shibasaki in the centres.

They need to move Boyd on. I don't care if we have to pay his entire fucking salary, at least then he's someone else's problem
Here here

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
So hypothetical and I don’t wish Darius any ill will, but what happens short term for us if Darius goes down with an injury? Say a major hammy injury that gives him 6 weeks or so out, given his history of such injuries?

Isaako to fullback? Glenn / Gillett / Macca as captain? Kennar onto the wing?

Okay.

What if Darius (again I don’t wish it upon him) does a major injury like an achilles or ACL or something that could well be a career ending injury, given his current level.

Who do we look at then? Lots saying lets get a fullback. Great. Who?

Last edited:

Morepudding

NRL Player
Well I mean it seems as though we could have gotten Drinkwater. If we wanted a place holder for a year, Michael Gordon brings a lot more than Darius does.

I still think Isaako could be good given time there.

Honestly though, Boyd won't get injured. He never runs more than 50% speed, never attacks the like at Pace and doesn't jump for bombs or out his body on the line ever.

If, hypothetically he did get injured. Most guys between the age of 16 and 30 would probably do just as well. That's how had his form is. That's not an overestimation. His stats are woeful, his movement off the ball is non existent and he is just a complete dud.

NSW stables

QCup Player
I am pissed our team didnt look at drinkwater. I think he had potential as a long term nrl full back. Mentored by slater too! People say go for ponga, mark my words, we have no hope of getting him. Our recruitment really dropped the ball here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter