Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been talked about recently but NRL 360 saying Roberts a chance to go to the Rabbits in the next couple of weeks? Wtf is the worth of a contract. See out your year Jimmy ffs.

Fans: Seibs is shit! He wont make the necessary changes!

*moves on kodi and roberts*

Also fans: WELL THEN WE MAY ASWELL GIVE EVERYONE AWAY!

But he hasnt really made the necessary changes yet for whatever reason. He took a step in the right direction against the toothless sharks.

If he lets Roberts go without bringing in another center, its leaving us a bit light there. As for Kodi, he could have moved him on not long after he came here ( Kodi wouldnt come into it then ) and gone with a different option.

I've met the guy a couple of times but other than that, no relationship. I can live with him being replaced but if you are going to get rid of an icon, you should probably bring in a big name in his place. Someone who can attract marquee or up and coming players to the club or someone who isn't a no name from Rocky who hasn't a clue about the culture and history of the place. Henjak was a mistake, Hook was an even bigger mistake and this guy is set to be another failure. Kevie, Hodgo or even Ben Walker would have been better options because they live, breath and adore the club and players respond to these sorts of things.

Well forgive me for being sceptical but you defend the bloke like you were his mother or something.

Yaaaaawwnnnn...

Boyd is also the only player there from when we last won a premiership... He was 18 at the time, and is now 31.....

Bennett is the greatest coach of all time and will probably deliver a premiership to souffs just like he did the dragons, but take a good look at Newcastle if you want to see how he goes building clubs from the bottom up. Even the broncos were full of hardened brl players with internationals and rep players in the team.

One more year... Then next year, 1 more year... Then the next year... 1 more year... You give seibold 7 games, you gave Bennett 5 years in 1988 and 4 years from 2015. I don't give a shit if we finish 10th this year but it eventually gets a premiership, I am fucking sick of us making up the numbers then getting embarrassed in the finals every bloody year. The coach swap has happened, you have 5 years. The repetitiveness is boring. Seibold is trying to build something, will it work? Maybe not, but ffs 7 games, or 1 year even, won't tell us shit...
That wasn't what he was asked to do at Newcastle though

I've met the guy a couple of times but other than that, no relationship. I can live with him being replaced but if you are going to get rid of an icon, you should probably bring in a big name in his place. Someone who can attract marquee or up and coming players to the club or someone who isn't a no name from Rocky who hasn't a clue about the culture and history of the place. Henjak was a mistake, Hook was an even bigger mistake and this guy is set to be another failure. Kevie, Hodgo or even Ben Walker would have been better options because they live, breath and adore the club and players respond to these sorts of things.
How can he have no clue of the culture. He started his footy at 17 with the club. He's actually played for the club and sang the winning song in the dressing sheds after the game.

How can he have no clue of the culture. He started his footy at 17 with the club. He's actually played for the club and sang the winning song in the dressing sheds after the game.
Did he sing the song after playing a game for us or after watching a game for us?

That wasn't what he was asked to do at Newcastle though
Was he asked to run the club into the ground?

Or, let me guess, he was asked to win a premiership? Of course it was! But he went for the quick fix with a club that wasn't ready to win one, just like ours isn't yet. He should have seen that and told tinker and Co that. Like I said, greatest coach of all time, but he needs the cattle to win a premiership, if it isn't there (which we don't have yet), then that's the only example we have. And it isn't a good one....

But he hasnt really made the necessary changes yet for whatever reason. He took a step in the right direction against the toothless sharks.

If he lets Roberts go without bringing in another center, its leaving us a bit light there. As for Kodi, he could have moved him on not long after he came here ( Kodi wouldnt come into it then ) and gone with a different option.

He wouldve wanted to give Kodi a shot

Last edited:
I cringe when I see the dressing sheds after the game via the networks. It's just not a proper setting without Bennett walking around and giving every player a pat on the back. Seibs and Cross and the other clowns, all of whom have no idea about Bronco culture and what it means to be a winner. They stick out like sore thumbs and in 6-7 short weeks, this new regime is already doomed to failure. What a complete **** up.

You are coming across very childish in all your posts about this. You clearly have something against Seibs but stick to facts and leave out the insults. Give the guy a decent chance or go follow your hero at Souths. I like Bennett as much as the next guy but my club comes first and Bennett is no longer at my club.

Was he asked to run the club into the ground?

Or, let me guess, he was asked to win a premiership? Of course it was! But he went for the quick fix with a club that wasn't ready to win one, just like ours isn't yet. He should have seen that and told tinker and Co that. Like I said, greatest coach of all time, but he needs the cattle to win a premiership, if it isn't there (which we don't have yet), then that's the only example we have. And it isn't a good one....
You probably think he was asked to pay the players, make sure they recovered from broken necks as well and only thought with his little head the entire time. There were so many outside factors during his time there and he got them to within one win of the Grand Final. People always seem to leave that bit out. At that point it's on the players to perform.

You probably think he was asked to pay the players, make sure they recovered from broken necks as well and only thought with his little head the entire time. There were so many outside factors during his time there and he got them to within one win of the Grand Final. People always seem to leave that bit out. At that point it's on the players to perform.
That one game from the grand final year, wasn't that the year before all that happened? And the year after they finished 12th? So you're telling me, coaches can use what happens the following year as an excuse for the position they finish on the table? That's an astonishing new criteria that may save a few coaches careers!

That one game from the grand final year, wasn't that the year before all that happened? And the year after they finished 12th? So you're telling me, coaches can use what happens the following year as an excuse for the position they finish on the table? That's an astonishing new criteria that may save a few coaches careers!
Oh are we just cherry picking the final year where Bennett and the players weren't even getting paid? Ok, you're correct then. Definitely not an excuse

Ch 9's WWOS reporting that the Rabbits could also be chasing Latrell Mitchell's services.

Last edited:
Oh are we just cherry picking the final year where Bennett and the players weren't even getting paid? Ok, you're correct then. Definitely not an excuse
I'm not cherry picking, you are! All the "outside factors" you mentioned happened AFTER he got them to 12TH already. How is that cherry picking when you brought up the "outside factors"? You have picked the most favourable obstacles to him achieving his goal, despite the time line being contradictory to it even existing yet. That is the definition of cherry picking lol...

Also cherry picking, using 7 games as a justification for sacking a coach (rather than 4 years) ... Also cherry picking, allowing a coach 5 years or 4 years to win anything yet not giving the next coach 1 year... You're giving 1 set of rules for Bennett and another set of rules for seibold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.