Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Culhwch

QCup Player
I think there's a very good chance that Holmes will be back. Didn't he say he'd only stay if he cracked the 53-man roster? Even at the Jets I think best case scenario for him is to bounce back and forth from the practice squad, and maybe see some snaps on special teams as a returner.

He'll be on a NRL roster in 2020. I don't know that it'll be ours though.

Morepudding

NRL Player
I think there's a very good chance that Holmes will be back. Didn't he say he'd only stay if he cracked the 53-man roster? Even at the Jets I think best case scenario for him is to bounce back and forth from the practice squad, and maybe see some snaps on special teams as a returner.

He'll be on a NRL roster in 2020. I don't know that it'll be ours though.
Yeah he said that, but then signed with them even though he didnt crack the roster. I think the sharks played hardball in the deal that he wasn't allowed to play for another NRL club in 2019.

He will definitely be on an NRL roster in 2020. I think the Cowboys have gone cold on him a bit because they were hoping to get him this year, and if they really are getting drinkwater, I don't think they will get Holmes. They simply wouldn't have the cash.

For 2020, really the only clubs I can see who would be able to afford him are Broncos, Rabbitohs (if Gagai leaves), Titans and Tigers.

Culhwch

QCup Player
Yeah he said that, but then signed with them even though he didnt crack the roster.
Roster won't be finalised until after preseason. August 31 this year. At this stage he's still fighting for a roster spot with dozens of others who'll end up cut. If he gets stashed on the practice squad and doesn't have the patience to work hard and wait for an opportunity he'll be back, and what a waste of a year that will be.

For 2020, really the only clubs I can see who would be able to afford him are Broncos, Rabbitohs (if Gagai leaves), Titans and Tigers.
In that case he'll probably end up on the Rabbits. Or the Roosters, of course.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Should we look at Bevan French instead of Boyd?
Most people will say no, but I actually think he's still got quite a lot of potential at Fullback, still only 23 years old. His biggest weakness is his size & defense, constantly got manhandled in first grade, but if he can add some bulk and keep his speed, he could be a weapon.

His stats so far in ISP this season are pretty handy -

11 games - 10 tries, 11 try assists, 8 line-breaks, 5 forced drop-outs, 38 tackle breaks, 100m per game

Compared to our mate Darb -

12 games - 1 try, 3 try assists, 1 line-break, 3 forced drop-outs, 23 tackle breaks, 114m per game

austin71

NRL Player
Most people will say no, but I actually think he's still got quite a lot of potential at Fullback, still only 23 years old. His biggest weakness is his size & defense, constantly got manhandled in first grade, but if he can add some bulk and keep his speed, he could be a weapon.

His stats so far in ISP this season are pretty handy -

11 games - 10 tries, 11 try assists, 8 line-breaks, 5 forced drop-outs, 38 tackle breaks, 100m per game

Compared to our mate Darb -

12 games - 1 try, 3 try assists, 1 line-break, 3 forced drop-outs, 23 tackle breaks, 114m per game
If he doesn't fall over in defence he's got more of a chance of defending then Boyd

Jedhead

NRL Player
The player that has impressed me the most over the last couple of weeks has been Brian Kelly of the Tits. I'd gladly swap Boydy, Macca and Shiba for him. He's been a stand out performer in the last three games I have watched of the Tits.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
The player that has impressed me the most over the last couple of weeks has been Brian Kelly of the Tits. I'd gladly swap Boydy, Macca and Shiba for him. He's been a stand out performer in the last three games I have watched of the Tits.
54 missed tackles so far this season, he is far and away the worst defensive centre in the NRL. As a comparison, the next closest full time centre on the list is Gagai at 35 missed tackles. He also has 15 handling errors this season. Really, really bad footy player overall. Has some good attacking ability, but not even close to a positive contributor overall.

Jedhead

NRL Player
54 missed tackles so far this season, he is far and away the worst defensive centre in the NRL. As a comparison, the next closest full time centre on the list is Gagai at 35 missed tackles. He also has 15 handling errors this season. Really, really bad footy player overall. Has some good attacking ability, but not even close to a positive contributor overall.
I'd still have him over Boyd , Macca and shiba

upthebroncs

NRL Player

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Sean O'Sullivan
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Jack Bird
12. Matt Gillett
13. Thomas Flegler
17. Tevita Pangai Junior

18. Jaydn Su'a
19. Patrick Carrigan
20. Gehemat Shibasaki

I'd be fine with this line up.

Edit: Not really, I think we need to clean out some dead wood.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Sean O'Sullivan
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Jack Bird
12. Matt Gillett
13. Thomas Flegler
17. Tevita Pangai Junior

18. Jaydn Su'a
19. Patrick Carrigan
20. Gehemat Shibasaki

With that sort of line-up, you’d expect at least 2 million left in the salary cap.

Ponga01

QCup Player

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Sean O'Sullivan
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Jack Bird
12. Matt Gillett
13. Thomas Flegler
17. Tevita Pangai Junior

18. Jaydn Su'a
19. Patrick Carrigan
20. Gehemat Shibasaki

Bird at fullback, milf back to 5/8, Fifita starts and Carrigan comes onto the bench
- Merged

Milf got wrecked in the player ratings
D003580C-53A0-440D-B55D-C2553D372802.jpeg

Last edited:

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Sean O'Sullivan
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Jack Bird
12. Matt Gillett
13. Thomas Flegler
17. Tevita Pangai Junior

18. Jaydn Su'a
19. Patrick Carrigan
20. Gehemat Shibasaki

Jack bird at second row lost me sorry

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Lachlan Coote's last 3 Super League games -

v Salford: 3 tries, 2 try assists
v Castleford: 1 try, 2 try assists
v Huddersfield: 1 try, 4 try assists

Darius Boyd's entire NRL season -

1 try, 4 try assists

Not suggesting anything.. Just saying..

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Lachlan Coote's last 3 Super League games -

v Salford: 3 tries, 2 try assists
v Castleford: 1 try, 2 try assists
v Huddersfield: 1 try, 4 try assists

Darius Boyd's entire NRL season -

1 try, 4 try assists

Not suggesting anything.. Just saying..
Yeah but one is NRL, one is Super League.

Further proof of how rubbish Boyd has been this season isn’t really needed to be honest, anyone with eyes can see it, anyone blind can hear the collective crowd groans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter