Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I think he is . But i think Gc is eluding to Bennett pushing people out to fit people under the cap.
Which may be the case ... but they lose credibility the second they use low paid players to justify their opinion.

You don't save any room by moving on low paid players, as those players still need to be replaced by players on similar wages

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I'd trade Ese for Taylor. Do the deal tits.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I'd get rid of Arrow and Joffa before Ese'ese.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I know. Wouldn't have been fussed if he left.

Wouldn't be on much . Also Chris garry said James Roberts will re sign , he seems to be right about most things. Thats why im a bit bummed about rhe raylor situation.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Wouldn't be on much . Also Chris garry said James Roberts will re sign , he seems to be right about most things. Thats why im a bit bummed about rhe raylor situation.

Yeah but a season in which you re-sign all of Milf, Roberts, Boyd, McCullough, Kahu, Glenn and McGuire and add in Bird while losing only Hunt basically, you wouldn't be complaining.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
I'd trade Ese for Taylor. Do the deal tits.
Trades don't exist in RL but if they did, the Broncos would have to offer more than just Big Herman. Herman, Kahu and Niko and then the Titans might consider it. Still a big might.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
There needs to be a balance, otherwise yours is the type of thinking that ends up with Petero Civoneciva at the Panthers...

Milford may not be in scintillating form, but he is in the middle of a transformation, where he is being asked to take more responsibility for kicking and game management. There is however, no doubt about talent or ability to play in the NRL here!

The market is what determines the price, and when you see what players like Ben Hunt, Mitchell Moses or Josh Reynolds, to name a few, are being offered, $1M is definitely not too much for Milford, especially when you realise there is very little halves talent for the picking out there. Playing Russian roulette with our most talented player is not something I would advise...

Thank you, the voice of reason, with a sensible opinion about this issue. The reality is, you have to pay what the market dictates. If Josh Reynolds is getting 9 hundred K contract, and Hunt is getting 1.2 million (if this is correct), then Milf is worth 1 mill every day of the week.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Thank you, the voice of reason, with a sensible opinion about this issue. The reality is, you have to pay what the market dictates. If Josh Reynolds is getting 9 hundred K contract, and Hunt is getting 1.2 million (if this is correct), then Milf is worth 1 mill every day of the week.

Problem is we're not seeing the impact of these stupid contract values... yet.

Because it's not just driving up playmaker prices, it's driving up prices across the board. The cap is going up, what, maybe 20-30% according to who you believe, but it's also now supposed to encompass 30 players (up from 25) and who knows if the minimum value is going up from $85k.

The reality is that we are actually talking a 15% to, maybe, a 25% real-world increase, and we are seeing some players getting what would seem to be a 100% increase on what they'd currently get. It's not sustainable and some clubs, many clubs, will likely be seriously in the shits.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Personally, if Niko can get match fit to point where he doesn't start missing tackles towards the end of the game I would rather some big dollars spent on a damaging prop. Use bird in the centres.

I think behind a strong forward pack Milf and Kniko (linking with Boyd, Roberts, and Bird in the backs) would have a field day.
Adding Matt Lodge into our current forward pack, will make it look a lot stronger IMHO and he will be on minimum wage I would imagine, at least to start with...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Looks like a good athlete in the prime of his career

IvSWkmd.png

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I have a feeling Unbreakable was being sarcastic...

Making an amusing observation, they brought up the "Jordan Riki - Brisbane Broncos signing" heading for the coach, instead of Jordan himself.

Thought it was quite obvious really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Alec
  • Strop
  • Canga
  • The Don
  • Allo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.