Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you do pay them top dollar because you are afraid of losing them...or you end up losing them.

Then it is fucking lucky that you are not managing the Broncos salary cap ... because that is the sort of thinking of teams like the Dragons, Knights and Tigers .... and it is also the sort of thinking that leads you towards the lower part of the table.

Then it is fucking lucky that you are not managing the Broncos salary cap ... because that is the sort of thinking of teams like the Dragons, Knights and Tigers .... and it is also the sort of thinking that leads you towards the lower part of the table.
There needs to be a balance, otherwise yours is the type of thinking that ends up with Petero Civoneciva at the Panthers...

Milford may not be in scintillating form, but he is in the middle of a transformation, where he is being asked to take more responsibility for kicking and game management. There is however, no doubt about talent or ability to play in the NRL here!

The market is what determines the price, and when you see what players like Ben Hunt, Mitchell Moses or Josh Reynolds, to name a few, are being offered, $1M is definitely not too much for Milford, especially when you realise there is very little halves talent for the picking out there. Playing Russian roulette with our most talented player is not something I would advise...

It's fucked how other clubs are inflating the price of halves. Even with the cap increase, I don't think anyone other than Thurston or Smith should be on $1M. Especially because the rest aren't any more consistent or particularly better than some players in other positions.

It's fucked how other clubs are inflating the price of halves. Even with the cap increase, I don't think anyone other than Thurston or Smith should be on $1M. Especially because the rest aren't any more consistent or particularly better than some players in other positions.

I hate to say it but a players value is whatever someone is willing to pay them. Plus you will always have teams that will need to pay overs to land talent. Everyone talks about what the dragons hunt deal is doing to expectations, what about the knights ponga deal? You will now have players coming through the ranks dubbed the next big thing who as soon as they make their debut will have managers in their ear using the ponga deal as a measuring stick.

It's a slippery slope, but as long as it's only a handful over paying it won't get out of control.

Well I'll leave it to you to keep banging on about what Milf needs to do to get his million :superhappythumbsup:

If we don't give Milf $1 million, another club will and they will get all of the rewards while we struggle to find a replacement and start to drop down the ladder.

The thing with Milf, there is plenty of upside. He has the potential to be the best player in the game so it's not like he is some hack like Moses or Mbye. He is the real deal and as long as we give him what he needs to develop into the player we know he can be, it will all work out.

We have to throw money at him. We don't have a choice.

I don't believe for a moment that we need to pay huge money for a half or five eighth....a moderately talented combo will still get the job done. A great coach like ours or Bellamy for that matter could coach a previously unheralded player up to a standard good enough to allow the centres ,wingers and fullbacks all the glory. After all, if a player can do the job adequately and keeps putiing in acceptable performances he then becomes a ' quality ' half in peoples eyes and everyone then thinks nothing of it, as though they knew all along he was a good un.

I never want to see the Broncos setting new benchmarks in player payments

If we don't give Milf $1 million, another club will and they will get all of the rewards while we struggle to find a replacement and start to drop down the ladder.

The thing with Milf, there is plenty of upside. He has the potential to be the best player in the game so it's not like he is some hack like Moses or Mbye. He is the real deal and as long as we give him what he needs to develop into the player we know he can be, it will all work out.

We have to throw money at him. We don't have a choice.

I don't completely agree. Milf is a gun and will only get better, everyone knows that. But for all his evolution as a player, he is still essentially a running five-eighth and we are already going to have two pretty good ones in Bird and KNik next season anyway. It is not like we don't have anyone who can replace him should he crack it and leave for not getting as much as he wants.

Just to be clear, I don't want him to leave but I don't believe we HAVE to throw ridiculous amounts of money because we have no choice when in fact we do.

I don't completely agree. Milf is a gun and will only get better, everyone knows that. But for all his evolution as a player, he is still essentially a running five-eighth and we are already going to have two pretty good ones in Bird and KNik next season anyway. It is not like we don't have anyone who can replace him should he crack it and leave for not getting as much as he wants.

Just to be clear, I don't want him to leave but I don't believe we HAVE to throw ridiculous amounts of money because we have no choice when in fact we do.

Milf's piece of shit manager needs to get the deal done already - I really doubt Milf's in his ear saying 'Mil or nothing'. From what I understand, Broncos want him for close to a mil, Milf doesn't want to look elsewhere.

We of course do have a choice, but it's a choice between Coke and Dr. Pepper. You settle for Pepper when they are out of Coke. Or get some beer (Sandow etc).

Personally, if Niko can get match fit to point where he doesn't start missing tackles towards the end of the game I would rather some big dollars spent on a damaging prop. Use bird in the centres.

I think behind a strong forward pack Milf and Kniko (linking with Boyd, Roberts, and Bird in the backs) would have a field day.

I honestly think we have got a lot better since Hunt has been injured. Even in the game he got injured, he went off and the broncos begun to get away from them on scoreboard. All you need to do is look at how well Gillett, Roberts and Kahu have been the past 3 weeks. Nikorima does lack some control and his kicking game isn't quite there, but he is giving those three far better ball than Hunt was.

I noticed with hunt he almost always does that "double pump" type pass, which often results in Roberts or Gillett running past him, and then being under pressure when they get the ball. I notice Nikorima does a lot less suicide passes than Hunt did.

To be honest, I would probably have Hunt on the bench when he comes back... Nikorima is doing just as well, if not better, and he is actually there next year. Hunt isn't.

We haven't played particularly good opposition without Hunt yet. He makes our side looks more structured.

Personally, if Niko can get match fit to point where he doesn't start missing tackles towards the end of the game I would rather some big dollars spent on a damaging prop. Use bird in the centres.

I think behind a strong forward pack Milf and Kniko (linking with Boyd, Roberts, and Bird in the backs) would have a field day.
I'm predicting moga to be undroppable on this forum come seasons end. I think he will start to really evolve soon and get his game back

I'm predicting moga to be undroppable on this forum come seasons end. I think he will start to really evolve soon and get his game back
Sure. I'm not a harsh Moga critic (though I do believe he has a lot of improvement to make) but if it comes down to he and Bird it's not even close. Though as predicted Burd will probably play lock so it's a moot point.

Sure. I'm not a harsh Moga critic (though I do believe he has a lot of improvement to make) but if it comes down to he and Bird it's not even close. Though as predicted Burd will probably play lock so it's a moot point.
Could also be a chance he plays on an edge if talk of Thaiday possibly retiring this year is true... Will be interesting to see what our squad looks like. Still a few key players not resigned like Milford, Kahu, Glenn, Roberts (Boyd too, but unless bennett leaves, he isn't going anywhere :p )

Let's get Izzy back. He has been in poor form in Rugby and I believe that is because he doesn't like the game of rugby. The uncertainty of Super Rugby in Australia is a factor too I'm sure. I reckon he has probably learnt some ball playing skills during his time away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • johnny plath
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Thelmus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • Justwin
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.