Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sua to Souths apparently. Hope not. Normally you win a premiership and then have to shed players so you can afford to keep the important ones. We are being picked apart to upgrade guys who haven’t done anything yet. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Tbf Su’A hasn’t done anything either. Not entirely his fault though, injured when he had a shot due to Gillo being out and underdone/used incorrectly this season with no real spot for him.

It’d be nice to keep him, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he comes good elsewhere, but I’m also not blowing up if we lose him

The other forwards we have are more talented and offer more.

I don't think Su'A is going to be much of a loss.
I know we have lots of young guys but we will run out of depth quickly if everyone walks away rather than fight to make our team and that has been happening all year.

Yeah we seem to he losing a lot and not gaining anything. Retaining players isn't enough. We are coming 13th. Why reward these guys with big contracts when they can't beat the Titans...

Yeah we seem to he losing a lot and not gaining anything. Retaining players isn't enough. We are coming 13th. Why reward these guys with big contracts when they can't beat the Titans...

While contracts are barely a formality these days, pretty much everyone that isn’t retiring has contracts for 2020. Preseason will see heaps of movement as clubs will probably release players early if they’re leaving for 2021

They won't release anyone good. We better be renewing Alex Glenn.

Su'a was looking great last year, was rumoured to be heading to Souths as they would pay good money and offer a starting spot, and we re-signed him on decent money (!$500k a season IIRC). The way he has played this year, he doesn't deserve it. Injuries aside, it looks like he's just cruising on his big money deal thinking he's already made it. I'm happy to see him go so long as Souths take up his contract. Collectively with the other movements, it should give us a massive war chest and if an elite player suddenly comes available, we can jump at it.

Su'a was looking great last year, was rumoured to be heading to Souths as they would pay good money and offer a starting spot, and we re-signed him on decent money (!$500k a season IIRC). The way he has played this year, he doesn't deserve it. Injuries aside, it looks like he's just cruising on his big money deal thinking he's already made it. I'm happy to see him go so long as Souths take up his contract. Collectively with the other movements, it should give us a massive war chest and if an elite player suddenly comes available, we can jump at it.
We have an elite player who's not getting paid enough. Darius Boyd deserves 1.5m and another 5 years.

Sua to Souths apparently. Hope not. Normally you win a premiership and then have to shed players so you can afford to keep the important ones. We are being picked apart to upgrade guys who haven’t done anything yet. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Our backyard remains the most vibrant hunting ground for Rugby League talent in the country and probably always will be, it's just something we have to cop. If anything at least it means we get the first grab of a proven young player from the conveyor belt.

That does however illustrate the contempt that the NRL has for the hand that feeds it, because that SCG GF thing is just a ridiculous slap in the face for those who are pretty much keeping the cogs turning at this point.

Our backyard remains the most vibrant hunting ground for Rugby League talent in the country and probably always will be, it's just something we have to cop. If anything at least it means we get the first grab of a proven young player from the conveyor belt.

That does however illustrate the contempt that the NRL has for the hand that feeds it, because that SCG GF thing is just a ridiculous slap in the face for those who are pretty much keeping the cogs turning at this point.

NRL: We can take the GF to the best RL ground in the world or we can take it to a cricket ground built in the 1800's.

I don’t know how you can say he looks like he is cruising on the big money he is on. The kid has been getting barely any game time. I think the last two weeks he has come on and looked to make an impact. Especially last week. No other forward, including Fifi hits as hard in defence. You can tell when he is on defensively. He has been terribly used this season, due to needing our experienced players out there and rightly so, they need to be. Fifi too was being used incorrectly due to circumstances and to be fair I don’t think he has been that great the last two weeks for us starting at second row. I would chose Sua over Carrigan if I was picking the team, even if Sua isn’t a prop. I don’t think Carrigan is either. If we lose Sua, I guarantee he will become the player he was last year and more, getting the game time he needs.

Last edited:
I don’t know how you can say he looks like he is cruising on the big money he is on. The kid has been getting barely any game time. I think the last two weeks he has come on and looked to make an impact. Especially last week. No other forward, including Fifi hits as hard in defence. You can tell when he is on defensively. He has been terribly used this season, due to needing our experienced players out there and rightly so, they need to be. Fifi too was being used incorrectly due to circumstances and to be fair I don’t think he has been that great the last two weeks for us starting at second row. I would chose Sua over Carrigan if I was picking the team, even if Sua isn’t a prop. I don’t think Carrigan is either. If we lose Sua, I guarantee he will become the player he was last year and more, getting the game time he needs.

I'll respectfully disagree. By all reports (admittedly, only from what I hear on here from the people who watch Q-Cup), he hasn't exactly been busting his arse to improve his game when playing in the lower grades. If he was hungry to prove himself, he'd be tearing them apart. He's only back in the top 17 through injury / rep duty.

He showed huge promise last year, so he definitely has potential, but if he's only going to perform when his contract is up for renewal then he doesn't seem a good fit for Seibold's New World Order.

I'll respectfully disagree. By all reports (admittedly, only from what I hear on here from the people who watch Q-Cup), he hasn't exactly been busting his arse to improve his game when playing in the lower grades. If he was hungry to prove himself, he'd be tearing them apart. He's only back in the top 17 through injury / rep duty.

He showed huge promise last year, so he definitely has potential, but if he's only going to perform when his contract is up for renewal then he doesn't seem a good fit for Seibold's New World Order.

I do get what you are saying. His stats considering though in QCup have been up there compared to most of his bronco counterparts in the team, yet some posters on here have been calling for Taggers and Fensom and even Mago to get a crack back in the Broncos 17. I think it was 1910 who actually does watch all the QCup games from memroy who said he was busting his arse out there. SL have been terrible this year all round so its tough to tear it up - for any of them. He has consistently gotten his fitness up and played 80 minutes a game, which was important to him reading that last interview he gave. Definitely didn't come off as cocky or crusiey. It will be interesting to see him play in the international game Saturday in his position at second row.

Last edited:

If you listened to the one person who would have a clue (1910) he has mentioned he has been good in a disgraceful team souths. Fifita hasn't done anything of late but because he's in the QLD team he gets all the love. I have no doubt sua could be just as good as Ben to but he hasn't had the best opportunities after his injuries, seibold is wasting his talent.

Sua should be in front of Lexie by now. Speaks volumes for me that he is nowhere near Glenn. Glenn keeps striving to improve himself, i'm not so sure Sua is. He hasnt been poor in ISC, but i dont think he is busting the door down with his performances when i've seen him either. Put Glenn in his position, and he would be busting a gut to get back in this side.

Sua should be in front of Lexie by now. Speaks volumes for me that he is nowhere near Glenn. Glenn keeps striving to improve himself, i'm not so sure Sua is. He hasnt been poor in ISC, but i dont think he is busting the door down with his performances when i've seen him either. Put Glenn in his position, and he would be busting a gut to get back in this side.

Some blokes just take a while to get it together. He will probably come good eventually, just won't be with us. I can't say I'm overly disappointed to see him go.

If Wayne gets all our players surely we can nab some of theirs.

I recall 1910 indicating that it is hard for him to do anything at the moment because souths are horrendously bad this year... he's spending most of his time tackling and any misses are not just on him but the whole team missing tackles

They're getting flogged by 70 points... that is fucking disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.