Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

BroncsFan

NRL Player
I think crowds are also down based on the scheduling.

How are we tracking with Thursday night games??

I'd imagine we'd be in the top 2-3 league wide for being subjected to that absolute cancer of a timeslot.

It baffles me why the NRL would allow their best viewing product (in terms of crowds) to play at the worst imaginable timeslot... they get smashed from pillar to post on how bad their crowds look compared to AFL, but then allow one of the worst timeslots imaginable to be included in their broadcast deals and throw their highest rated crowd average into it all the time. 8.00 kickoff on a work night is ridiculous and looks even worse on TV.

Thursday and Friday are not family friendly.

Fridays are working well nowadays but the crowd would be youngins on the drink... not a great way to build fans into the next generation (maybe that's what the NSWRL want).

On the rare day we get a Sunday game we usually get well over 30k and push 40k

Morepudding

NRL Player
...indicative of a wider trend...any club seeing increased crowds right now..?? Even Melbourne have heaps of spare seats every time i see them play...i dont believe its just Brisbane...
Yeah crowds are down because TV coverage is getting better and the game day experience is getting worse. I've been really questioning about whether I will keep renewing our memberships. We have 4 platinum memberships and have had for about 15 years now so forking out nearly $3k a season is wearing thin. I'm not an AFL fan at all, but ive been to a handful of games the past couple of years and they do a much better job. On the Gold Coast at the Suns they have bands out around the stadium, better food options and just more exciting entertainment. They also let everyone get on the field after every game for a kick around and usually have some other players around the place who are out through injury / suspension.

For the others who also frequent the games, how bloody annoying is it how everytime theres a stopage, instead of showing replays we get a warning about entering the field, or some bozo winning some giveaway. Bloody joke.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
I think crowds are also down based on the scheduling.

How are we tracking with Thursday night games??
pretty much this ... we carry the NRL in terms of ground attendance, yet the gave us many Thursday night home games this year where the crowd drop significantly.

Gaz

NRL Player
Rabbits sign Troy Dargan

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Rabbits sign Troy Dargan
I wonder why he would bother ... he never got a chance under Bennett before and the Rabbitohs are pretty set in the halves ... surely there is another club he could have signed for where the halves weren't set in stone

Gaz

NRL Player
I wonder why he would bother ... he never got a chance under Bennett before and the Rabbitohs are pretty set in the halves ... surely there is another club he could have signed for where the halves weren't set in stone
Maybe Reynolds injury is worse then they thought......bit of insurance. They wouldn’t have offered much and he would have seen those ahead of him here aren’t getting much of a go. Perhaps no other interest.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Man Dargan dropped off the perch big time. He had some pretty decent wraps on him at the eels. Couldn't even crack the spine for us even this year with all our halves injuries

State of Origin Rep
if he goes id like to see Peter Mullholland given a go...

And the mandate id give him is to reinvigorate the scouting systems we have and absolutely prioritize the long term signing of the very best young talent in our pipelines...

We have to acknowledge the threats posed to that from other clubs like the Storm; i reckon its now time for the club to start pushing back against it...

the business side of things ranks second to on-field success...
Peter is undergoing treatment for cancer and not suited to the ceo role anyway.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Why doesn’t Bennett poach from any other club?
Ethan Lowe (North Queensland Cowboys), Liam Knight (Canberra Raiders), Jaxson Paulo (Gold Coast Titans), Steven Marsters (St George Illawarra Dragons), Edene Gebbie (Wynnum Manly Seagulls), Bryson Goodwin (Warrington Wolves).

He casts a fairly wide net.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
Ethan Lowe (North Queensland Cowboys), Liam Knight (Canberra Raiders), Jaxson Paulo (Gold Coast Titans), Steven Marsters (St George Illawarra Dragons), Edene Gebbie (Wynnum Manly Seagulls), Bryson Goodwin (Warrington Wolves).

He casts a fairly wide net.
I guess they just make a bigger deal out of a broncos poaching

Behind enemy lines

U18 Player
He MUST come to the Broncos. A half or 5/8 called Walters.. yes please! Aside from that he is a nrl standard half. Love it.
Also would build a political bridge
He MUST come to the Broncos. A half or 5/8 called Walters.. yes please! Aside from that he is a nrl standard half. Love it.
Would be a great olive branch to the Broncos Old Boys with their nose out of joint re. Walters coaching. Not a reason to fill a roster position - but it would definitely be a good club move. I like what I’ve seen from him - I’d take him over SOS for sure! (And I think SOS has done well with the chances his had)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter