Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really, truely really, hope that we dig our heels in to keep sua until at least the end of 2019.
I’m sick of Bennett, thinking he is “poaching” all these blokes. He is playing reserve grade, keep him as depth. There is nothing in it for us to release him prior to the end of 2019. We aren’t signing anyone else prior to June 30, 2019 and we have the money to keep sua here until at least the end of this year. I’m sick of Bennett, it’s time to give him some of his own medicine.
Sick and tired of hearing Bennett “I was the one that got him to Brisbane” “he was there to play under me” blah blah.
Dig your heels in Brisbane, stop giving in.

If Su'A is released, it is a huge shame but it would be an absolutely stupid decision if he is released with the Broncs footing a chunk of his wage, especially if it is to Souths.

Yep word is Su'a has had multiple offers. I bet Bennett gets him. He gave him his debut remember and played him correctly
[automerge]1561436660[/automerge]
cant see Lodge in NZ though
I'm not getting the played him correctly comment. How about when he gets a chance he plays correctly.
He hasn't demanded more minutes or selection in the 17. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? Take advantage of your opportunities and make it happen not act like it's I'm a celebrity, get me out of here.

I thought the way Seibold managed Su'A was ordinary. Jaydn suffered a bad break to his ankle which he aggrivated in the pre-season. He really needed to be managed cautiously and given a few weeks in QCup to get into the swing of things and challenge for a starting spot. Instead he was thrown straight into the starting side after some very lackluster showings in the trial.

To nobody's surprise, he disappointed and instead of being given an opportunity to redeem himself, he's been asked to play out of position where he's struggled.

His performance has been a terrible indication of Seibold. Before the season started, Su'A was one of two players Seibold was most excited to work with and we've seen how it's all panned out. Fans on here talk about the past about Bennett and what he's left us with. Last year, Su'A was a genuine prospect at the club and somebody who was pushing for Maroons selection before the year started.

The coach has to be able to make the most of what he has and right now, just about every player at the Broncos has gone backwards in some fashion. There's very few exceptions to that rule and in the case of Turpin, how much of that was being given an opportunity and timing of said opportunity?

I'm not getting the played him correctly comment. How about when he gets a chance he plays correctly.
He hasn't demanded more minutes or selection in the 17. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? Take advantage of your opportunities and make it happen not act like it's I'm a celebrity, get me out of here.
Doesn’t matter much now anyway. Bennett saying he’s spoken to him during the past week and are in the process of doing the deal.

If Su'A is released, it is a huge shame but it would be an absolutely stupid decision if he is released with the Broncs footing a chunk of his wage, especially if it is to Souths.
The rumour is that he has been offered 600k a year at Souths ... If that's the case, we won't need to pay a cent

Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to be developing a healthy skepticism about Seibold
To be honest, is there anyone that doesn't feel at least partially sceptical about him? Pete is right, most players seem to have gone backwards under him (I'd say only Haas and Lodge probably got better), and our recruitment/retention has been all exports, no worthwhile imports so far. Hopefully everything works out well, but it's a bit worrying now.

Last edited:
it has been half a season bit early to judge i would think

You can only judge what you're seeing at the time, and right now it's just not good signs. We already know the aura has rubbed off the club, but all these players departing and none of worth coming back in while the team struggles on field is just really disheartening.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to be developing a healthy skepticism about Seibold

Yesterday was a bad day with the Rhys Kennedy/Jaydn Su'A swap and the selections of Richard Kennar and Andrew McCullough. I'm not about to go on a crusade, but there's definitely some concerns coming out of Red Hill. For our sake, I hope the club can start delivering some good news.

I will say the selection of Xavier Coates as 18th man, and the re-signing of Cory Paix long term is a promising sign. I won't make any promises about them delivering the Broncos to premiership glory, but at least they're genuine options.

Yeah cause there's heaps of standouts in this team atm
He hasn't had a decent chance in his best position like some ,and he has been playing in to ordinary teams aswell. Seibold hasn't done him any favors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • jd87
  • Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.