Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy with dearden, sos and paix being our halves but some have suggested going into the market for a more experienced half.

Maloney is a big game player no doubt but would break the budget. A half who would be available in 2020 (canberra have given him the go ahead if u can) who has been decent previously but quiet this year is sezer. I thought his best years were at the titans as the dominant half. He is an experienced, left footer with strong kicking game. My concern is the lack of "big game success" but he is an option people havent mentioned, if people were inclined in going to the market.

He would play more games and be cheaper than foran, more aligned to what we need than josh reynolds, who others have discussed.

I am happy with dearden, sos and paix being our halves but some have suggested going into the market for a more experienced half.

Maloney is a big game player no doubt but would break the budget. A half who would be available in 2020 (canberra have given him the go ahead if u can) who has been decent previously but quiet this year is sezer. I thought his best years were at the titans as the dominant half. He is an experienced, left footer with strong kicking game. My concern is the lack of "big game success" but he is an option people havent mentioned, if people were inclined in going to the market.

He would play more games and be cheaper than foran, more aligned to what we need than josh reynolds, who others have discussed.
My guess is the Broncos have absolutely no intention of buying more halfbacks. Boyd may be a better option at 5/8 than many think or have stated. I suggested moving Boyd a few years ago ,no not out but into 5/8 and I can tell you the response was not pleasing ! If we can get some stability in the halves we may well become the complete package as a team.

My guess is the Broncos have absolutely no intention of buying more halfbacks. Boyd may be a better option at 5/8 than many think or have stated. I suggested moving Boyd a few years ago ,no not out but into 5/8 and I can tell you the response was not pleasing ! If we can get some stability in the halves we may well become the complete package as a team.
Hey @Wolfie last year you didn't think Boyd had the skillset to play 5/8, are you still waiting for a bit more evidence to maintain that position or for performance to change your mind?

hopefully glen sticks around and hopefully he is employed after he retires in some capacity around the club 'wink wink'

Something is wrong here if we can't secure Fifita as well. We have moved enough blokes on surely.

Seibold is trying to keep enough space open to sign Cody Walker on a 3 year deal in early November from 2021-2023 & pressure the Rabbitohs in to releasing him for 2020.

Remember, you heard it here first.

Seibold is trying to keep enough space open to sign Cody Walker on a 3 year deal in early November from 2021-2023 & pressure the Rabbitohs in to releasing him for 2020.

So what happens with Boyd? This could only happen if Boyd goes to the centres which also means jack bird is all but finished at Brisbane?

Hey @Wolfie last year you didn't think Boyd had the skillset to play 5/8, are you still waiting for a bit more evidence to maintain that position or for performance to change your mind?

I still dont think he has in a lot of ways, although i think he has been fairly decent in his last 2 games there. He was a lot better actually against the Bulldogs than he got credit for tbh. I think i'd have to see how he goes over a few more games. That kick he put Oates through surprised me a little as i didnt think he had that in him.
[automerge]1563947571[/automerge]

Good god i hope not. I think he goes missing a fair bit when the pressure is on. I'd rather us get Maloney if we want an older playmaker.

Last edited:
Fifita is signed for at least another year anyway. Glenn has brought more to the club this year than Gillett has, and at about half the cost.
I totally agree but Gillett has a contract till "22, think so that would mean a payout. And joe has already said that the storm are chasing Fifita, so unfortunately for Glenn that may mean no more coin or even unders to stay.
[automerge]1563948522[/automerge]
I think Glenn will stay for a similar contract he is on. Something is wrong here if we can't secure Fifita as well. We have moved enough blokes on surely.
Hopefully, he has been strong this year.

Last edited:
I think Boyd has went better than average in his last two games, although please keep in mind that previous to this he had set a very low standard to live up to. I have bagged him almost relentlessly over the last few months but I have to say I have no real beef with him at present.

Having said that, he is not a dynamic 5/8 and is not the future of the spine so I'm more than willing to let him fill the gap until such times as we get our 'real' halves fit and bedded in.

I'm pretty sure Siebs sees Boyd as an experienced 300 gamer who can pass on some valuable tips to the young uns. Added to this he is a great trainer and so sets the example that Siebs wants to see everyone aim for.

Maybe it's just me but I a get the distinct feeling that right now there is a lull in the evolution of our team. I even sense it on the forums here at present. If I was to describe it I'd say it was very similar to when the tide has went fully out and has not yet began to turn and rush back in again.

I'm only guessing but I reckon the last seven games as our halves return will see the Broncs rushing in on that incoming tide.

Not the answer in my view. We need an organiser. Also 29 years of age

I hope that’s not true

No to Walker. Cost too much and we'll develop someone from within. I hope we keep the purse shut for a while. Just on Gilly I'm expecting his return to strengthen us and hope he's fully recovered. Glen will keep the centre position tidy and Gilly will do the same. I think a few forget how many skills he has and he knows there's plenty of competition for spots so I believe that will spur him on.

Lol no way are we signing a 31 years old to a 3 year deal....again

I think Boyd has went better than average in his last two games, although please keep in mind that previous to this he had set a very low standard to live up to. I have bagged him almost relentlessly over the last few months but I have to say I have no real beef with him at present.

Having said that, he is not a dynamic 5/8 and is not the future of the spine so I'm more than willing to let him fill the gap until such times as we get our 'real' halves fit and bedded in.

I'm pretty sure Siebs sees Boyd as an experienced 300 gamer who can pass on some valuable tips to the young uns. Added to this he is a great trainer and so sets the example that Siebs wants to see everyone aim for.

Maybe it's just me but I a get the distinct feeling that right now there is a lull in the evolution of our team. I even sense it on the forums here at present. If I was to describe it I'd say it was very similar to when the tide has went fully out and has not yet began to turn and rush back in again.

I'm only guessing but I reckon the last seven games as our halves return will see the Broncs rushing in on that incoming tide.

Hope it starts in time to meet the oncoming storm.

Not the answer in my view. We need an organiser. Also 29 years of age

Personally I think he’ll get better with age. We could end up really needing his experience by 2021 with our squad being so young.

1. Milford
6. Walker
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

Looks good

Personally I think he’ll get better with age. We could end up really needing his experience by 2021 with our squad being so young.

1. Milford
6. Walker
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

Looks good
I'd prefer norman, Walker is an x factor type. Not really a fine wine type.

No to Walker. I understand the thinking behind it, but we’ve got a young nucleus of SoS, Dearden and Turps (we better fucking sign him) along with Milf who is still only just turned 25 two weeks ago.

I don’t see the point in signing a Maloney/Walker/insert-old-good-but-not-great-half-here instead of building and improving what we already have. I’ve already mentioned it, but a signing like that is just Prince in 2013 all over again: a short term option that does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Wild Horse
  • Brocko
  • pagey
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • Allo
  • Scdeac
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Lurker
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.