Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get a gun experienced half, I say we go for it. SOS/Dearden/Paix are all still rookies, they've got years of development to go before they can be top tier (if they ever get there). Especially Dearden and Paix, they are only 18.

Walker won’t have another season like this current one. You buy him now and you are buying the top
His season like this one only lasted about 11 rounds anyway. He's been bog average since Souths' winning streak ended.

For reference I didn't bring up Walker because I think he's a great target, I brought it up because I'm pretty sure that's who Seibold wants. If he's shown us anything so far it's that he's loyal to guys that he's got a good working relationship with, add to that the rumour that came out about Cody to the Broncos earlier this season which Seibold tried to cover up on NRL 360 (not very well I might add)

A spine of Milford, Walker, Dearden & Turpin wouldn't be too bad, but there'd be a lot of weight on Cody's shoulders to replicate his form of the last 2 seasons WITHOUT Adam Reynolds & Damien Cook doing all the heavy lifting.

Not sure walker would deal with the scrutiny that he would have on his shoulders in Brisbane. I mean the bloke was probably the form player of the comp, went into origin and it seems to have mentally gotten to him. Those around him ie fitler probably haven’t helped the situation, in first hooking him and then dropping him from games 2 & 3, which they went on to win..
He hasn’t been able to bounce back to even half the form he showed in the first half of the year.
It’d be a big gamble, and I dare say he wouldn’t come cheap.
For mine, he is not the man that this club needs.

Last edited:
@Unbreakable doing his job. Wait for the "scoops".

For reference I didn't bring up Walker because I think he's a great target, I brought it up because I'm pretty sure that's who Seibold wants. If he's shown us anything so far it's that he's loyal to guys that he's got a good working relationship with, add to that the rumour that came out about Cody to the Broncos earlier this season which Seibold tried to cover up on NRL 360 (not very well I might add)

A spine of Milford, Walker, Dearden & Turpin wouldn't be too bad, but there'd be a lot of weight on Cody's shoulders to replicate his form of the last 2 seasons WITHOUT Adam Reynolds & Damien Cook doing all the heavy lifting.
Yes, I think we are all replying tot he idea of signing him not that you were endorsing it. It could be very Good intel.

I thought Boyd’s kick for Oates was a nothing kick that worked out because of a weird bounce?

Seibold is trying to keep enough space open to sign Cody Walker on a 3 year deal in early November from 2021-2023 & pressure the Rabbitohs in to releasing him for 2020.

Remember, you heard it here first.

He would be a weapon behind our pack, but he's nearing thirty. That contract is too long for a guy who relies on his running game and instinctive footy. If it's for about 500k then I won't rage, anything more and we're risking having another Boyd/ Macca/ Gillett situation when he hits the downward spiral in his 30s.

EDIT: I will be shocked if Wayne releases him for our benefit despite us gifting him Su'a and Roberts mid-season. Assuming this is true, maybe the clubs have already come to an agreement? That could explain us not holding Su'a and Roberts to weaken a competitor.

I'd prefer norman, Walker is an x factor type. Not really a fine wine type.

Norman's on the verge of winning back to back spoons. The season after he left the Eels they're back challenging for a top 4 spot and Moses has been in fantastic form. He's an overrated player and seemingly a cancer on playing groups. The fact he played Origin is sickening.

Last edited:
I thought Boyd’s kick for Oates was a nothing kick that worked out because of a weird bounce?

When he kicked it the first thing I thought was gee that has some revolutions on it. Which of course helped with the bounce.

My initial thought that it was a nothing kick but I just re watched it and it looked like a set play for Oates.

My initial thought that it was a nothing kick but I just re watched it and it looked like a set play for Oates.
It was a nice kick, I remember a few seasons back boyd took a kick tap and chipped it to Robert's and it was on the money aswell. Only for the refs to call it back of course.

It was a nice kick, I remember a few seasons back boyd took a kick tap and chipped it to Robert's and it was on the money aswell. Only for the refs to call it back of course.
Well flukes are one of the plentiful fish in the sea, so if u go looking you may catch a couple.

Apparently Semi Radradra is desperate to return to the NRL.

Remember the Semi to the Broncos rumour? Let's start that one up again.

Doubt we could afford semi anyway there are other positions we should strengthen first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • BroncsNBundy
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.