Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be a fantastic addition to the titans. A model pro always striving to be better.

Well when Bryce 'the human turnstile' Cartwright is starting for you anybody is an upgrade.

DO ET. With all due respect to Bird, I'd ship him off for Semi any day of the week

I’d keep bird any day of the calendar year.

Big, bustling wingers are becoming more and more the norm off the production line now. Bird at his best has mongrel, footy nous and isn’t just a highlights reel player.

I think he’s criminally underrated here. Granted because he hasn’t played much, but still.

And furthermore, if and only if he wants to be here

um...if true, doesn't that just sum up exactly everything that's wrong with the Titans....??

Nothing against Lexi but seems the Titans have decided the best way forward is to double down on a broken recruitment system....
I think he would be perfect for them in that they are getting a leader (broncos' youngest team captain), an experienced player with an excellent work ethic, and lot of versatility (he been mention in positions second row, hooker, centre, and front row). He is getting on, but another young forword who goes off the rails wont help their cause (if anything can).
The titans need a 180 degree turn around in their off-field committment to football. Glen would bring that, atleast to a section of them (get rid of the rest).

I think he would be perfect for them in that they are getting a leader (broncos' youngest team captain), an experienced player with an excellent work ethic, and lot of versatility (he been mention in positions second row, hooker, centre, and front row). He is getting on, but another young forword who goes off the rails wont help their cause (if anything can).
The titans need a 180 degree turn around in their off-field committment to football. Glen would bring that, atleast to a section of them (get rid of the rest).

Plus he’s basically be captaining the Broncos anyway, with all the ex-Broncs there, so he’d have respect.

Yeah, he brings consistent and strong onfield experiences but also brings a good culture with him as a senior player who you can get 2-3 years out of.

He seems a genuinely good bloke, trains hard and sets a standard, has big game experience, gets on with coaching staff and the players (young and old) really well and i think that could go well in mediating any rifts between players and coaching staff.

To be honest, if the titans had glenn years ago, neil henry would still be coach. Hayne made that place toxic because there were no senior players with backbone to call him on his shit and ego. brennan thought he could bring success by paying overs for unwanted penrith players (who were shit) and paying them 'overs'.

I think the broncos management should try to keep Glenn by giving him 3 options.
1. A one year deal worth good money where he could earn another cheaper deal at the end of it if he plays well
2. A moderate 2 year deal that with a view to a role in the club post footy (also in the other deal but can't promise it as not certain he will finish with broncos)
3. A very cut price 3 year deal with the possibility of captaincy and also a chance to lead the club to a premiership and an off field role at the end (off the books of course).

I really like Glenn and he has been great this year but as I've said before, we owe him the same amount of loyalty he owes us. We have a premiership winning middle forwards rotation, now to keep us premiership material on the edges by keeping fifita.

It’s a bit of a long shot but Farah is meant to be announcing his retirement and tigers have no established hooker lined up to replace him.

You’d look great in orange and black Andrew.

It’s a bit of a long shot but Farah is meant to be announcing his retirement and tigers have no established hooker lined up to replace him.

You’d look great in orange and black Andrew.
They've got Liddle who I don't really rate and they signed Simpkins off us who is a highly rated junior (18 or 19 next year). They're not taking a broken down Macca who only stands in their way.

apparently Bulldogs after Koroisau form Manly as their full time hooker...

which means they have gone off Turps...maybe they have been told he is resigning...

Thats a good thing...

If they get Api though, then Macca has to stay...

Thats a bad thing....

which means they have gone off Turps...maybe they have been told he is resigning...

Thats a good thing...

Thats a bad thing....

But Macca comes with a free frogurt

Thats a good thing...

Thats a bad thing....

I rate Turpin highly, but I can't imagine another club taking a risk on him over someone like Api, who is an established quality player. We can afford to do it because we have depth with Seggy and, regrettably, Macca, the Dogs don't. The Dogs really are loopy

20C9C66A 1AAB 46E9 9B94 E6D7DB181B08

I wrote this last year and we’ve signed two of these players since.

Who would you want the Broncos to sign next out of this list?

I’d probably say Michael Purcell and Billy Walters are my next two picks. Possibly Jamal Fogarty.

Bear in mind some of these names are now signed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • Browny
  • IceWorks
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Financeguy
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Howie
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.